***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's literally the other way around. The teaching curriculum hasnt been changed to *start* talking about slavery, but now the conservative (more like QOP) parents are outraged about slavery being taught and saying "no no no, you CANT teach this and doing so is wrong."

That's not peak entitlement?

Seems his "moral righteousness" catch phrase only applies to progressives and their radical belief that the topic of racism shouldn't be sanitized

This is particularly insidious because, I am sure that he is deliberately abusing the ambiguity between the logical and English concepts of “or”.

Mathematically, the claim that the AA voting rate is the same as the non-AA voting rate is identical to the claim that the AA voting rate is the same as the entire population (including AAs) voting rate. So Mitch can always claim that he was comparing sample mean to population mean (including the sample) as evidence a lack of bias.

But he knows exactly how English speakers will generally interpret that. And it’s a straight up dog whistle on the legitimacy of black citizenship.

Cowardly rhetorical bs with a “well actually“ defense. That man is evidence for the existence of evil.
I’m certain this will be the excuse - if he hasn’t made it already.

Unfortunately, and expectedly, it doesn’t hold up.

Overall turnout in 2020 was 67%.

When broken down by race:

Turnout rates in 2020 were higher than in the 2016 election for non-Hispanic White, non-Hispanic Black, non-Hispanic Asian, and Hispanic race and origin groups.
The largest increase was for non-Hispanic Asians (Figure 2). Of the non-Hispanic Asian population who were both citizens and of voting age, 59% reported voting in 2020, compared to 49% in 2016.

Non-Hispanic Asian registration saw a large increase as well: 64%, compared to 56% in 2016. The 2020 election also featured higher turnout rates for:
  • Non-Hispanic Whites: 71% voter turnout, compared to 65% in 2016.
  • Hispanics: 54%, compared to 48% in 2016.
  • Non-Hispanic Blacks: 63%, compared to 60% in 2016. While voter turnout in this group was higher than in 2016, it did not exceed turnout in 2008 (65%).

Even when taken in aggregate then, 67% > 63% - and that rate represents a decrease relative to 2008.

Now why might that be?

Their disagreement with how slavery is taught literally boils down to omitting the actual facts of slavery :lol:

Another example of conservatives calling people “snowflakes” but are the first ones crying about actual history being taught.

I'm not opposed to these "actual facts", where have I shown my opposition?

I get the impression that some people are absolutely not okay with the opposite side of the spectrum weighing in on how they think their kids should learn

Look at this disingenuous bull****

Good grief :lol:
Delk got the call.

you-know-that-new-sound-youre-looking-for-well-listen-to-this.gif

Reading dude's post over again, I feel I am going tap out of this convo

It is just word salads to defend pearl-clutching

At least with Osh I know he follows politics and reads books. At least he tries to make his complaining about progressives sound somewhat reasonable

If I am gonna waste my energy, might as well do it on takes manufactured in a Canadian Government approved factory.

Not some cheap knockoff

So y'all have fun with Alibaba Osh

Yeah I just block the aimless contrarians who get high on their own supply then start yelling at the sky with no valid point to make, or resolution to the issue made up in their head, backed by absolutely nothing. Waste of time. At least I know Osh is intelligent, just a cot damn chaos agent that likes to win his little games.

After clicking the article, it does not appear that the bill is limited to white students.

Are you saying that you are in support of school lessons that make students feel discomfort on the basis of their race and/or sex?

After clicking the article, it does not appear that the bill is limited to white students.

Are you saying that you are in support of school lessons that make students feel discomfort on the basis of their race and/or sex?

Parents getting to choose what their child is taught is right up there with idiots choosing dangerous medications to treat COVID/cancer/syphilis/whatever - that’s not how it works.

In your free time you can teach your kids whatever values you want, that’s your right (within the law and as long as it’s lawful) but that doesn’t mean that the school system should teach what you want in the method that you want.

But when it comes to what is probably a district or districts of conservatives, progressives get to come in and go "no no no, you need to teach this, and not doing so is wrong"
You're not too far from arguing that there's merit to the notion that creationism is equivalent to the theory of evolution.

It might sound benign to you, but fast forward a few years, and you end up with grown children of conservatives challenging their chemistry professors over the validity of carbon dating because their K-12 education accepted and taught a version of reality in which the earth is 6000 years old.

You keep trying to draw some sort of equivalency between what you call "progressive morals" and "conservative morals," and you forget that facts and reality matter too, and sometimes, they favor one view of the world over another.

Parents getting to choose what their child is taught is right up there with idiots choosing dangerous medications to treat COVID/cancer/syphilis/whatever - that’s not how it works.

In your free time you can teach your kids whatever values you want, that’s your right (within the law and as long as it’s lawful) but that doesn’t mean that the school system should we not do what you want in the method that you want.

"the school system"

I have continuously shown my support for both parents and the districts

Is there a problem when parents and the district agree but you don't?

In your free time you can teach your kids whatever values you want, that’s your right (within the law and as long as it’s lawful) but that doesn’t mean that the school system should we not do what you want in the method that you want.

I think it’s pretty common for parents to have a say in their child’s curriculum. We’ve seen it in the context of sex education for years.

This is a messaging issue. Most of the things aren’t in dispute. One side is framing it a certain way and instead of just agreeing, people are debating nonissues.

I think it’s pretty common for parents to have a say in their child’s curriculum. We’ve seen it in the context of sex education for years.

This is a messaging issue. Most of the things aren’t in dispute. One side is framing it a certain way and instead of just agreeing, people are debating nonissues.

this is just another distraction

critical race theory isn’t taught in high school or lower

parents don’t get to dictate what the schools do and don’t teach

if they are so inclined, home school your kids.. or go and find a school that will focus on things you prioritize

we see it with religious views all the time.. if you’re Mormon and you want an institution that prioritizes that, you can look at specific schools.. or if you’re more religious on the whole, go look at certain places

If sports are a priority to you, got places for that

people who have also been disingenuous, found something else to be disingenuous about

but you still can’t call trump a recent, so why would anyone be surprised that youre entertaining blatant lies

Back
Top Bottom