***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is mostly highlighting ignorance. I don’t think making fun of ignorant supporters is an effective strategy to get voters on your side. Empathy is a better path.
Empathy for their ignorance? Nah, these people are too far gone. There is too much free and easily accessible information out there for folks to still be this ignorant. I mean, look at you for example. You seem to be a smart dude, and yet you voted for trump twice.

Empathy for their ignorance? Nah, these people are too far gone. There is too much free and easily accessible information out there for folks to still be this ignorant. I mean, look at you for example. You seem to be a smart dude, and yet you voted for trump twice.

The narrative that I voted for Trump twice is just something that folks made up on here. I did support him twice. And I admitted my mistake.

That said, yes empathy for their ignorance. Those types of videos do a disservice to actually changing the hearts and minds of those supporters. Stacey Abrams’s efforts in Georgia are a great example of the positive outcome that can be had from empathy and working to change the hearts and minds of others who may be ignorant.

Fellas, is it normal to buy merch of Presidential candidates you didn't vote for?

Fellas and ladies, are people permitted to purchase the merch of presidential candidates they didn’t vote for?

Kanye’s presidential merch is reselling on StockX.

Damn, so you used that money you scammed from the government to buy Kanye merch to resell?

Obviously, I take issue with your question and I won’t dignify it with a response.

Further, where is this energy in the StockX/Biden thread where people are actually posting strategies to avoid paying taxes on shoes they are reselling for profit.

Obviously, I take issue with your question and I won’t dignify it with a response.

Further, where is this energy in the StockX/Biden thread where people are actually posting strategies to avoid paying taxes on shoes they are reselling for profit.
I don't know what thread you are referencing.

So I don't know why you think it is a gotcha to call me out for my behavior in the thread I haven't even participated in. Like do you have quotes of me in a thread where people are openly discussing tax evasion and me being cool with it? If so, post them and air me out. Knock yourself out

Anyway if it makes you happy, tax invasion is wrong, and people should not do it.

Also, scamming the federal government out of $1000 is wrong, and you should not have done it

Last edited:
I would prefer not to engage those who consistently act in bad faith, but as the disruption has already occurred we may as well put this farce to rest so that it won’t be deployed against the thread again:

The narrative that I voted for Trump twice is just something that folks made up on here.
Is it? Or is it that you simply refuse to publicly admit to voting for Trump?

Your voting choices are not some quantum uncertainty. Either you did or you didn’t. There is an actual truth here - one you know, but, notably, refuse to tell. You cannot honestly deny voting for Donald Trump, so you equivocate.

In a secret ballot system, there can be no definitive proof of which candidates anyone supported with their ballots. The best we can do is take people at their word. In your case, that means accepting your expressed intentions and vocal support.

The possibility that you may not have voted at all, or voted in defiance of your stated principles, does no service to your character - and yet it’s this unflattering possibility that you demand we respect, as if it safeguards your dignity.

If anyone refuses to apply your preferred fig leaf to 4+ years of shameless Trump toadying, they’re treated to brazen gaslighting and revisionist history.

Indeed, where could people have possibly gotten the idea that you’d intended to vote for Trump? They must have made it up.

I said I'm probably voting for Trump, simmer down.
The fact that you completely made up in your mind that I supported Republicans down ballot—when I explicitly said I didn’t—doesn’t really have anything to do with me.
I will probably vote GOP down ticket.

67756CAB-DA79-4A12-B78F-02103976C16C.gif

You don’t like the assumption that you actually followed through on your stated intentions, but it was not some fictitious narrative drawn from the ether.

Was it a mistake to treat you as if you have credibility or integrity?

Back
Top Bottom