***Official Political Discussion Thread***

locally I run into a lot of people who seem to think that preventing new apartments from being built
is sticking it to "landlords". this is obviously untrue.

watching the entire segment, it sucked.
basically gestured at the supply issue, and just did a recitation "capitalism is bad" anecdotes.

Last edited:

locally I run into a lot of people who seem to think that preventing new apartments from being built
is sticking it to "landlords". this is obviously untrue.

watching the entire segment, it sucked.
basically gestured at the supply issue, and just did a recitation "capitalism is bad" anecdotes.

Nothing new. Big issue is since the 08 crises a lot of communities were bought out by hedge funds and PE funds and have become some of the bigger landlords in the country. That needs to be curbed to some degree. But again it’s not being done so.

They literally tried to kill this man

ChubbyAcclaimedAngelfish-size_restricted.gif

A profile in Cowardice. 😆 🤣 😂

Nothing new. Big issue is since the 08 crises a lot of communities were bought out by hedge funds and PE funds and have become some of the bigger landlords in the country. That needs to be curbed to some degree. But again it’s not being done so.

landlords big or small will evict people and raise their rents during a supply crunch.
curb it all you want it won't matter.

I know people who own small apartments and they don't run hedge funds,
but best believe price is going up now that vacancy rates are shrinking again.

:lol: That's like saying you parted amicably with an ex that tried to have you killed.

Bro there has to be other ways for these people to get the money or power they want, why bother with politics and take up space?

It's like those couples on Oxygen's show "Snapped" that almost got murderered but beg the prosecutor not to press charges.

Pence is getting advice from Mitch McConnell that if he stays on the R side he will get taken care of. Little do both these guys realize is that Trump runs the party. Pence is viewed as a traitor for not supporting da grift and nothing he says or does now will ever change that.

I think Jon Olver's segment was really really good.

He acknowledges the real for the supply crunch, then he talks about all the bad things that happen when you have these market conditions. Market conditions were created by policy choices that favor landlords. That is what the piece was about

And the solutions he offers are the right ones. He says we have to build lower-cost housing units.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom