***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Did they at least go to jail? My guess is not.
I have no idea about the ITT case.

As far as my former clients, I am not aware of any criminal charges.

There was a lot of finger pointing at the time. Their CPA was some ancient dude with like $5.00 in E&O liability coverage. The owners were also older and they claimed they were hoodwinked by the school president.

Once the government blew out our position with a super lein and determined we lost as much as DOE, we stopped paying attention.

Can't even lie, when I heard this banger I thought it might be time to start an exciting career in medical billing and coding...

There was (maybe still is? ) a dude who stands in a suit at the entrance to the Hoyt Schermerhorn station and hands out flyers.

The entire time he’s working, he just repeats, “Medical jobs training, medical jobs training”

I had to respect the effort as much as I hated the grift.

Yikes :lol:

LMK if yall need anything in terms of E&O or D&O or MLP (incl Fiduciary) :nerd:
When the Madoff thing happened, I remember a lot of people asking how sophisticated investors could rely on audits from a one person firm in New Jersey.

But I didn’t ask. I knew exactly how it happens.

It’s amazing how little scrutiny goes into due diligence on the auditor. Finance professionals accept these third party documents almost like gospel. We worry more about whether it’s an audit or a review than we do about who it is doing the auditing or reviewing.

Can't even lie, when I heard this banger I thought it might be time to start an exciting career in medical billing and coding...

As a kid I used to tell my friends and family that I was going to go to ITT Tech someday. My parents used to hit me with the >D everytime I said it. Between that and the aim high airforce commercials I knew what I wanted to do for a living.

When the Madoff thing happened, I remember a lot of people asking how sophisticated investors could rely on audits from a one person firm in New Jersey.

But I didn’t ask. I knew exactly how it happens.

It’s amazing how little scrutiny goes into due diligence on the auditor. Finance professionals accept these third party documents almost like gospel. We worry more about whether it’s an audit or a review than we do about who it is doing the auditing or reviewing.
I think it's a common tendency for people in general to automatically place a higher trust in an independent review, independent audit, ... simply by nature of the work coming from an independent third party.

I think it's a common tendency for people in general to automatically place a higher trust in an independent review, independent audit, ... simply by nature of the work coming from an independent third party.

The one thing that would make things independent if companies and people were forced to rotate auditors every few years. Instead the accounting firms just rotate the partners which solves nothing. I know because my company does that. We’ve been doing audits on some companies for 25+ years. Now I work on the tax side of things so my relationship is different. But as my boss says, as a company you should hate your auditors because their job should be to find all your **** ups and expose them. Problem is as an auditor is if you dig too much the company will just fire you and find a firm that’ll give a passing report.

That is unless your books and business practices are really ****ed up. But even then you could find someone to give you a passing grade. It’s why the SEC told China to either let the US listed companies to do an audit according to US GAAP and PCAOB standards and not their local standards. China let’s companies skate by by not letting auditors do a good job. It’s why the companies are delisting. I’m not saying there’s large scale fraud there, but I’m sure the numbers are massaged. Just like their perpetual GDP growth no matter the world financial hubs and how they do. Something is just off.

According to the U.S. Department of Education, 54% of U.S. adults 16-74 years old - about 130 million people - lack proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.

Rothwell relied on an international assessment of adult skills called the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) that classifies literacy into several levels. The Department of Education used those results to create and publish estimated literacy levels for every U.S. county.

Adults who scored below Level 3 for literacy on the PIAAC were defined as at least partially illiterate. Adults below or at Level 1 may struggle to understand texts beyond filling out basic forms, and they find it difficult to make inferences from written material. Adults at Level 2 can read well enough to evaluate product reviews and perform other tasks requiring comparisons and simple inferences, but they’re unlikely to correctly evaluate the reliability of texts or draw sophisticated inferences. Adults at Level 3 and above were considered fully literate. They’re able to evaluate sources, as well as infer sophisticated meaning and complex ideas from written sources.

The biggest deterrent to con men like Trump is an educated populace, and it looks like the American people is going to be fertile ground for scammers of all types for quite some time.

Very sane nominee, who would undoubtedly never consider tampering with elections as Arizona's Secretary of State in charge of elections.
Also a self-proclaimed member of the Oath Keepers milita, which has members and leadership under indictment for seditious conspiracy. Some in the indictment pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy already.

53b3eea1cf0a07d96cb7e5caa11aa637.png

ebba6deab8307bfbc6e6b341e93c24ab.png

e45020d5d68cb03eea66107dc5828a7a.png

Last edited:

The biggest deterrent to con men like Trump is an educated populace, and it looks like the American people is going to be fertile ground for scammers of all types for quite some time.
Not even surprised considering the number of Americans getting scammed by the east Indian people pretending to be the Caucasian irs.

Also, for those who don't have a subscription or don't feel like doing the load-blocking trick, here's the key parts

dfc69bf0fc6bb5b5c817b71c180bed48.png

b5a8cd8a5d20689c95e805dd038fb4ef.png

So Trump lawyers made a demonstrably false statement to investigators, either by being lied to by Trump and negligence or outright obstruction. Then surveillance footage revealed something that sounds like either people moving documents with classification markings or perhaps destroying them.
The TV appearances I've seen do suggest his lawyers aren't exactly the greatest.
8c3bfde75fe252b9d3f8c329f891db55.png

Bad news for a certain Washington Heights resident.

It gets better though....
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis has alluded to the possibility that the Charger and Challenger names could be used for future electrified vehicles, including a forthcoming electric muscle car in 2024. He’s previously said he believes electrification — whether hybrid vehicles with less powerful engines or all-electric models — will save what he has called the new “Golden Age of muscle cars.”

Da HEMI finna be ditched for da electrified muscle, b.

Mans said he voted for Trump to avoid this, he argued at length with gry60 gry60 making himself look stupid, and in the end da passing lane power is about to go from VRRROOOOOMMMMMMMM to hmmmmmmmmmmm.

:lol: :lol: What a time to be alive

Back
Top Bottom