***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Checking wiki he is from Cameroon, not Nigeria

I know osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh was checking Google like...

Snoop%20Dogg%2051975053.jpg

Had lunch with my parents on Sunday. Dad brought out "CRT" and "Wokeness" when he started talking about public schools. I immediately looked at my brother like this:

jim-halpert.gif

:rofl: I love the guy but damn, my own pops. Sigh.

Uff, I know the feeling, man.

If there are a bunch of people on the fence listening in, it’s best to argue with reactionaries.

But if not, especially if it’s your family or longtime friends, it’s best not to get mad at them even if their ideas are vile.

I think it’s best to listen and ask questions that don’t appear explicitly like “gotcha” questions. Make then explain exactly what they are worried about and the exact nature of the political project that they support.

At minimum, you should be able to articulate your political views and not hide behind platitudes and buzzwords.

“What do you mean by ‘woke’,””what do you mean by CRT’,”

Simple 5W+How questions are effective as well. “Which prominent, living academics are Marxists?””What sectors of the economy are under worker control here in communist California?””How does an undocumented migrant get public assistance when most application forms require proof of citizenship?”

Make them realize how internally inconsistent their positions are and if they can’t articulate or answer any questions, you’ve just made a political discussion very boring for a MAGA type. To them, politics has become nothing but entertainment. These people follow trump precisely because they don’t like doing homework and giving detailed answers. So at minimum it will save you and the rest of your family from having hear all that crap.

Uff, I know the feeling, man.

If there are a bunch of people on the fence listening in, it’s best to argue with reactionaries.

But if not, especially if it’s your family or longtime friends, it’s best not to get mad at them even if their ideas are vile.

I think it’s best to listen and ask questions that don’t appear explicitly like “gotcha” questions. Make then explain exactly what they are worried about and the exact nature of the political project that they support.

At minimum, you should be able to articulate your political views and not hide behind platitudes and buzzwords.

“What do you mean by ‘woke’,””what do you mean by CRT’,”

Simple 5W+How questions are effective as well. “Which prominent, living academics are Marxists?””What sectors of the economy are under worker control here in communist California?””How does an undocumented migrant get public assistance when most application forms require proof of citizenship?”

Make them realize how internally inconsistent their positions are and if they can’t articulate or answer any questions, you’ve just made a political discussion very boring for a MAGA type. To them, politics has become nothing but entertainment. These people follow trump precisely because they don’t like doing homework and giving detailed answers. So at minimum it will save you and the rest of your family from having hear all that crap.
Some of these folks are beyond debating though.

I know from personal experience. As soon as you start asking probing questions, and as soon as they realize the inconsistency of their positions, they turn to attacking you for somehow attacking what they identify with.

You can't discuss with people who feel like they are the victims of a changing world, and you can't reason against beliefs. You just gotta step back when their bull**** becomes too much. This fight is not worth one's mental wellness.

I don't think trump will get a jan 6th reaction if he gets arrested. he doesn't have the clout anymore.

his *** isn't getting arrested though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Back
Top Bottom