***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Haven't heard a lot about Pence these days. Part of me thinks he is not skating; on the other hand, it wouldn't be unlike Republicans to find a fall guy within the party just so they can push Mother in the White House.

The people who love conspiracies totally ignoring everything that is going on with this president. :lol:
As I understand it, everything is a conspiracy now.

EU and NATO is the enemy of Freedom, Putin and God, the intelligence community is full of soy-boy sweater knitting vegans, EPA is controlled by Soros, Pocahontas, PETA and Greenpeace, solar panels and windmills are slaughtering all the bird in the sky, plastic is good for the oceans, everyone who isn't a card carrying NRA-KKK member is a NFL-NAACP kneeling BLM-MS13 member coordinating white genocide with all the PC coffee shop fixie bike riding transsexuals.

Last edited:

leave-britney-alone-o.gif

#snowflakes

I don't know how anyone else feels but props to Belgium Belgium for his contributions to this thread. I really enjoy reading his posts because it gives me an international perspective of how this presidency is impacting the world.

facts
he doesnt get enough credit for the info he contributes, especially from the global perspective

My pleasure. :pimp:

**** Civility: Why We Should Follow Maxine Waters' Lead — Disrespectability Politics

GettyImages-903066644.jpg

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...lead-Disrespectability-Politics-Season-2-Ep-7

Speaking Truth to Power

Last week, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA 43rd District) urged folks to continue pushing back on Trump's racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, and Islamophobic administration.

If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.

Since the remarks, Rep. Waters has been at the center of a "controversy," even receiving credible threats requiring her to cancel events.

Unsurprisingly, Donald "My daddy never loved me" Trump, Sarah "Uses government accounts to harass private citizens" Sanders, and Paul "I only share opinions when I can police a Black woman" Ryan and many other fragile white nationalists on the right have taken aim at her.

What's worse, and really f*cked up, is that some very prominent Democrats, like Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, have joined them. Hey Chuck, maybe focus instead on stopping Trump's SECOND Supreme Court nominee from being confirmed.

You are right: This is racialized. Crystal Marie Fleming over at Vox makes it plain for the new kids. And this is an obvious attempt to divert attention away from administration’s persecution of migrant families. So WTF are Democrats joining trash Republicans in calling for "civility?"

First Things First, She’s the Realest

Congresswoman Waters, who was elected in 1991 and has faithfully served her community for 14 terms, is undeterred.

When Trump was placed into office, Waters made it clear from jump that she wasn't going to be all business as usual. And over the last two years, she has not let us down. Unlike many Democrats *cough* Schumer *cough* who hem and haw over what "resistance" means, Waters has been a consistent and unapologetic firebrand. She was among the first to refuseboycotted the State of the Union address, taken Trump officials to task, and raised the bar for Democrats everywhere in so many, many ways -- like demonstrating how not to throw people under the bus. It's almost like she understands that we are in a crisis or something. We're with her.

Stop Helping Republicans Be Slime

And let's be clear, Waters never called for violence. But by letting lying-liar-faces drive the narrative, she now has to defend her words and her life. Meanwhile, Trump gets tosay whatever and become president. Sounds about white.

So let's not with the performative hand-wringing over the "death of civility." Our political system has never been about mutual respect (have you not listened to the Hamilton cabinet battle tracks?). It has always been about competition over resources and acquiring power.

Also, children are still being separated from their parents, detained in cages, and abused at the hands of the U.S. government. **** civility.

trump really is the classic bully/coward. Picks on his "friends" (allies canada, eu, congress, etc.) and backs down like a little ***** to people that are actually strong (putin). **** him, ****ing disgusting coward.
That is exactly why he only ever went into business with associates and contractors he could bully through the courts.

He is and has always been a fraud. Which is why I don't want him to die in power. I want him to lose everything and love a long life of misery: losing the remainder of his buildings, his wealth, having to visit Don Jr and Ivanka and Jared in jail, and having to run from the Russian mob (for unpaid debts) would be a much worse punishment on him than simply jailing his *** or executing him.

1)
i saw an article with the following quote. it has profanity so I won't link to it but there's this quote:

“Either he’s compromised by Putin or he’s a *****, in which case he should grab himself.” — U.S. diplomat on his boss, Trump."

2)
this somewhat old Twitter thread is interesting, about how Russia's interests align with the religious right and white supremacists, which is why the GOP stands by their man.

3)
I don't know how anyone else feels but props to Belgium Belgium for his contributions to this thread. I really enjoy reading his posts because it gives me an international perspective of how this presidency is impacting the world.
That's because he is a true coal brother, a founding member of the coal gang. We are the only ones contributing information to this thread while libbies engage in hyperbole and innuendo.

Last edited:
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-trump-open-to-russia-questioning-us-citizens
White House says Trump to discuss allowing Russia to question US citizens
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday that President Trump will discuss allowing Russian investigators to come to the United States to question U.S. citizens, including a former American ambassador to Russia.
Sanders said during a White House press briefing that Trump is “gonna meet with his team” to talk about the potential for Russian officials to question U.S. citizens like Michael McFaul, who was ambassador to Russia from January 2012 to February 2014.
“There was some conversation about it, but there wasn’t a commitment made on behalf of the United States,” Sanders said. “The president will work with his team and we’ll let you know if there’s an announcement on that front.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin said during a press conference with Trump on Monday that the Kremlin would permit special counsel Robert Mueller’s team to travel to Russia and attend the questioning of 12 Russian intelligence officers indicted in the probe, if Russia is allowed to help interrogate some people “who have something to do with illegal actions in the territory of Russia.”

Russia state-owned outlet RT reported that Russia wanted to question McFaul and Christopher Steele, author of the so-called Steele dossier, and others in its investigation into American financier Bill Browder. Browder is a prominent critic of Putin who lobbied on behalf of the Magnitsky Act, which imposed sanctions against Russia.

During Monday's press conference, Putin alleged without evidence that Browder illegally transferred $1.5 billion out of Russia and had funneled $400 million toward Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. The Russian prosecutor’s office later corrected that figure to $400,000.

Browder has denied the allegations.

The State Department on Wednesday called the "overall assertions" made by the Russian government "absolutely absurd" but a spokeswoman refused to weigh in on Trump's decision about possible interviews.

"Well, I can't answer on behalf of the White House with regard to that," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said at a press briefing. "But what I can tell you is that the overall assertions that have come out of the Russian government are absolutely absurd. The fact that they want to question 11 American citizens and the assertions that the Russian government is making about those American citizens, we do not stand by those assertions that the Russian government makes."

She also noted that she understood why the request to interview Americans would be "a grave concern to our former colleagues here."

McFaul denounced the possibility of being questioned by Russian officials, and he called on Trump to condemn the proposal.

"We’re doing very well, probably as well as anybody has ever done with Russia. And there’s been no president ever as tough as I have been on Russia,” Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ill-targeting-u-s-trump-says-no-idUSKBN1K82AV
Trump says Russia is no longer targeting U.S.
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not believe Russia is still targeting the United States, contradicting U.S. intelligence assessments that Moscow was continuing its attempts to meddle in American elections.
Trump on Tuesday tried to walk back comments that he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin over American intelligence chiefs on Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying that he had misspoken a day earlier after a summit meeting with Putin in Helsinki.
Asked by reporters on Wednesday if Russia was still targeting the United States, Trump shook his head and said, “No.”
U.S. intelligence officials have said Russian election interference efforts are continuing and now target the upcoming congressional elections in November.

Trump has been scrambling to undo the damage from his comments on Monday in which he gave credence to Putin’s denials over the conclusions of American intelligence services.

“We’re doing very well, probably as well as anybody has ever done with Russia. And there’s been no president ever as tough as I have been on Russia,” Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

U.S. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told a congressional committee in February that he already had seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.

In rebutting Trump’s dismissive comments about U.S. intelligence on Monday, Coats said in a statement, “We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-trump-open-to-russia-questioning-us-citizens
White House says Trump to discuss allowing Russia to question US citizens
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday that President Trump will discuss allowing Russian investigators to come to the United States to question U.S. citizens, including a former American ambassador to Russia.
Sanders said during a White House press briefing that Trump is “gonna meet with his team” to talk about the potential for Russian officials to question U.S. citizens like Michael McFaul, who was ambassador to Russia from January 2012 to February 2014.
“There was some conversation about it, but there wasn’t a commitment made on behalf of the United States,” Sanders said. “The president will work with his team and we’ll let you know if there’s an announcement on that front.”

"We’re doing very well, probably as well as anybody has ever done with Russia. And there’s been no president ever as tough as I have been on Russia,” Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ill-targeting-u-s-trump-says-no-idUSKBN1K82AV
Trump says Russia is no longer targeting U.S.
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not believe Russia is still targeting the United States, contradicting U.S. intelligence assessments that Moscow was continuing its attempts to meddle in American elections.
Trump on Tuesday tried to walk back comments that he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin over American intelligence chiefs on Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying that he had misspoken a day earlier after a summit meeting with Putin in Helsinki.
Asked by reporters on Wednesday if Russia was still targeting the United States, Trump shook his head and said, “No.”

What the hell? This should be the other way around, Donnie. What reasons could Russia have to question Americans?!

1)
i saw an article with the following quote. it has profanity so I won't link to it but there's this quote:

“Either he’s compromised by Putin or he’s a *****, in which case he should grab himself.” — U.S. diplomat on his boss, Trump."

2)
this somewhat old Twitter thread is interesting, about how Russia's interests align with the religious right and white supremacists, which is why the GOP stands by their man.

3)

That's because he is a true coal brother, a founding member of the coal gang. We are the only ones contributing information to this thread while libbies engage in hyperbole and innuendo.

I still remember the first time I met Belgium Belgium . The coal mines in Bluffington had just shutdown and I was depressed. My buddies whywesteppin whywesteppin and @noskey sent me to pick up some lunch at the local burger place while we pondered our next move. I told the cashier that I wanted three double cheeseburgers, one all the way, one no pickles, one no onions, a fish sandwish, four large fries and four grape sodas. The cashier looked at me and said, "What on Earth are you trying to say?" "What do you mean?" I said. "I can't understand you." The cashier said. I was getting angry not just because Obummer used an executive order to shut down the coal mines but me and my buddies were starving. Then when all hope seemed lost Belgium Belgium arrived and said, "Yo, man, let me take care of this. The new kid wants three moo cows, one no cukes, one no stinkers, one wet one, four tubers, and four from the vine." Belgium Belgium then handed me a pamphlet for an organization called the Coalition and the rest is history. AMAZING.

Back
Top Bottom