***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If a parent in America is arrested, the child is turned over to the other parent.

If the other parent is not present in the child's life, a reliable grandparent can take temporary custody.

If a grandparent is unavailable, another family member like an adult sibling or close aunt/uncle is suitable pending resolution of the case.

If no kinship placement is available, a social worker is assigned while a foster home is located...ideally near the child's school district so their routine is not disrupted.

It's much different than what's going on at the border. Kids are being warehoused at the border in pseudo internment camps. In the states, every effort is made to keep children out of the system.

I agree with you except that you spelled cages wrong.

If a parent in America is arrested, the child is turned over to the other parent.

If the other parent is not present in the child's life, a reliable grandparent can take temporary custody.

If a grandparent is unavailable, another family member like an adult sibling or close aunt/uncle is suitable pending resolution of the case.

If no kinship placement is available, a social worker is assigned while a foster home is located...ideally near the child's school district so their routine is not disrupted.

It's much different than what's going on at the border. Kids are being warehoused at the border in pseudo internment camps. In the states, every effort is made to keep children out of the system.

This.

American kids are not kept in cages when their parents go to jail. I know this because I know someone who was in that exact predicament.

Even when people entered illegally and were caught, before the "no tolerance" policy, they were sent to places close to where their extended family lived. @dwalk31 is simply talking out of both sides of his mouth.

He keeps talking about the border, but what about all those families that have been established and are now being torn apart by these BS laws? People who admitted their wrongdoings and were forgiven and given the right by the government to settle and raise kids here are now being hunted down by ICE.

This.

American kids are not kept in cages when their parents go to jail. I know this because I know someone who was in that exact predicament.

Even when people entered illegally and were caught, before the "no tolerance" policy, they were sent to places close to where their extended family lived. @dwalk31 is simply talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Yeah I used to be a social worker and if god forbid we couldn't find any kin to take temporary custody, I would spend hours on end with the child or children....taking them out to eat, watching Disney movies with them, taking them shopping or to the park. Pretty much acting as a surrogate parent and keeping them distracted and happy until unification was obtained. And if it couldn't be obtained, there's a pretty thorough process by which a foster home is chosen.

Apples and oranges between that and locking kids up.

This.

He keeps talking about the border, but what about all those families that have been established and are now being torn apart by these BS laws? People who admitted their wrongdoings and were forgiven and given the right by the government to settle and raise kids here are now being hunted down by ICE.
He wants to say it’s bad but have a reason to agree with it. He then attempts to justify it with some “both sides are the same” type logic. It’s pretty typical

He wants to say it’s bad but have a reason to agree with it. He then attempts to justify it with some “both sides are the same” type logic. It’s pretty typical
I call it the "two wrongs make it right" defense.

Or whataboutism.

Pence is one of those people I could buy as a shape-shifting reptilian, (something about his eyes) so maybe he knows something we don’t.

Already signed up comrade . My hope is that fighting off the jab in the early rounds and setting up my left hook will work against aliens we will be sure to meet. @whywesteppin was destroying that heavy bag.

BDF04DC3-8604-4530-9CE8-C4EE8220BE55.gif

Some quotes from Devin Nunes’ recorded conversations this week:
He appears to admit he and other Republicans in Congress must defend the president from the Mueller probe.
"if Sessions won't unrecuse and Mueller won't clear the president, we're the only ones. Which is really the danger,"
"I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away,"

And here he’s talking about an example to show that what could be described as ‘collusion’ can in fact be a crime.
"But ultimately let's say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right?” Nunes said. "Because somebody stole the emails, gave 'em to Cathy, Cathy released 'em. Well, if that's the case, then that's criminal."

There are of course a number of crimes that could be described under the umbrella term of collusion.
Nunes knows this and still obstructed and then closed his own committee’s Russia “investigation” with several conclusions that were later contradicted by a Senate Intel committee report.

Nunes also refused to interview key witnesses and allowed important witnesses to stonewall the committee without any legal standing to refuse to answer. Only Bannon got subpoenaed for his stonewalling, though coincidentally he was also a thorn in the side of the GOP establishment.
Key witnesses were not subpoenaed to end their stonewalling and all Democrat motions to subpoena were refused.

After Nunes shut down the Russia investigation, Democrats tried interviewing witnesses on their own like former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser John Mashburn. Mashburn had agreed to testify and Democrats wanted to ask if Mashburn knew of any communications Papadopoulos may or may not have had about the info about the stolen emails he got.
When Schiff informed the Republicans on the committee, Nunes intervened and contacted Mashburn to tell him not to testify. Mashburn then cancelled his scheduled voluntary testimony.

It’s quite obvious that Nunes and some of his fellow House Republicans are trying their hardest to protect Trump at all costs. Even by obstructing his own committee’s investigation and then ending it prematurely. And now pushing for Rosenstein’s impeachment.

Back
Top Bottom