***Official Political Discussion Thread***

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford appreciate your honesty on my chances against E.T. I figure if I take the same approach with E.T. as I do with Libs, the outcome is not in doubt.

tumblr_m96r0r4gUZ1r0oz1go1_500.gif

I mean whenever the next idiot try’s to argue Trump and budget all you have to say is space force and it’s completely over.

Already signed up comrade . My hope is that fighting off the jab in the early rounds and setting up my left hook will work against aliens we will be sure to meet. whywesteppin whywesteppin was destroying that heavy bag.
My whole life has led up to this moment. I wanted to share some of my original thoughts that I wrote down last night as I couldn't sleep due to all the excitement.

Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here. We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, that our destiny lies above us.

Our mission is to find a planet that can habitate the people living on Earth right now. Okay? Plan A does not work if the people on Earth are dead by the time we pull it off.

Don't you get it yet, Comrades? I brought myself here! We're here to communicate with the three-dimensional world! We're the bridge! I thought they chose me. But they didn't choose me, they chose her!

Why? To save the world! All of this, is one little girl's bedroom, every moment! It's infinitely complex! They have access, to infinite time and space, but they're not *bound* by anything! They can't find a specific place *in* time, they can't communicate. That's why I'm here. I'm gonna find a way to tell Vladimir, just like I found this moment.

viKtor

I don't know who these people are but we need to amend our immigrating laws in this country. We can't let any random person in. Who knows, they could be here to commit terrorism, steal coal, or rape and murder little kids. This is disgusting and sad and I hope president Trump does something about it.

to show how much respect they give you

instead of butter biscuits

you’ll get a nice upgrade for life!

breakfast-ranked-bacon-egg-cheese-hardees-500x399.jpg

viKtor

I don't know who these people are but we need to amend our immigrating laws in this country. We can't let any random person in. Who knows, they could be here to commit terrorism, steal coal, or rape and murder little kids. This is disgusting and sad and I hope president Trump does something about it.
ViKtor is a perfect example. You let trash in and they WILL commit crimes eventually. Put those animals in cages

If a parent in America is arrested, the child is turned over to the other parent.

If the other parent is not present in the child's life, a reliable grandparent can take temporary custody.

If a grandparent is unavailable, another family member like an adult sibling or close aunt/uncle is suitable pending resolution of the case.

If no kinship placement is available, a social worker is assigned while a foster home is located...ideally near the child's school district so their routine is not disrupted.

It's much different than what's going on at the border. Kids are being warehoused at the border in pseudo internment camps. In the states, every effort is made to keep children out of the system and instead keep them with kin.

I can assure you that this doesn’t reflect the situation on the ground. Parents are often arrested and the kids don’t even know about it until much later. The romantic picture you are painting simply doesn’t reflect reality.

Yeah I used to be a social worker and if god forbid we couldn't find any kin to take temporary custody, I would spend hours on end with the child or children....taking them out to eat, watching Disney movies with them, taking them shopping or to the park. Pretty much acting as a surrogate parent and keeping them distracted and happy until unification was obtained. And if it couldn't be obtained, there's a pretty thorough process by which a foster home is chosen.

Apples and oranges between that and locking kids up.

How did you end of with the casefiles? Are you asserting that when someone is arrested you were notified the same day and the kids were with you until you found a place with them?

I can assure you that this doesn’t reflect the situation on the ground. Parents are often arrested and the kids don’t even know about it until much later. The romantic picture you are painting simply doesn’t reflect reality.

Interesting seeing as though I used to do it for work.

I'm assuming you're talking about a parent being arrested in the presence of the child.

A parent can be arrested and social services have no reason to be involved if the child is not even present.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing as though I used to do it for work.

I'm assuming you're talking about a parent being arrested in the presence of the child.

A parent can be arrested and social services have no reason to be involved if the child is not even present.

And in those cases, the child is separated from the parents. My point is that it happens all of the time. And It does not get nearly the same attention.

And in those cases, the child is separated from the parents. My point is that it happens all of the time. And It does not get nearly the same attention.

Because the police will call another parent, grandparent or sibling to pick the child up. Hell I've seen police delay arresting parents to prevent the child from experiencing the unnecessary trauma of seeing a parent in cuffs.

Social services won't get involved unless the police can't reach a family member. And if they can't social services takes the wheel and looks for kinship placement. The entire goal of social services is family reunification during these circumstances. Separating children from their parents costs states millions of dollars.

That's not happening at the border though.

Back
Top Bottom