***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2561 (Quinnipiac poll released yesterday on August 14th)
From August 9 - 13, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,175 voters nationwide, with a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points, including design effect. Live interviewers call landlines and cell phones.

I took some excerpts relating to race since that is the current topic. There's a lot of questions in there if you want a broader look at polling on his job performance, economy etc.
The polls also detail the rock solid support Trump has within his party.
4d2c93735d4208244ce6e9828aa57b6d.png

1e523140c366ad4cab1b701146263050.png

Some of the same questions and previous trendlines from a July 3rd Quinnipiac poll
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2554
This RDD telephone survey was conducted from June 27 – July 1, 2018 throughout the nation. Responses are reported for 1,020 self-identified registered voters with a margin of sampling error of +/- 3.7 percentage points, including the design effect. Margins of sampling error for subgroups are available upon request.
03b7e22f9df1561047c20fd5b8e8cb85.png

9ba095d038844ce9592a87adec28b68c.png

9e60df42978656b12640994fa2e8fe67.png

Last edited:
As a white male I think there is no context where a white person using that word would be acceptable nor should be tolerated. I don't care if it's said with an -a or an -er. We need to stop trying to find excuses to make it okay, regardless of the internet.

This. I’m not sure why some in this thread seem to be coming up with reasons to justify this nonsense. It’s unacceptable. Period.

Mr T has crossed the line of disgusting and irreconcilable a long time ago. Calling someone dog publicly on Twitter, I mean have some ****ing sense

It's funny because he calls this place an echo chamber, and I can only assume he means it's a liberal echo chamber. Then he acts like he can't infer what you mean. Somehow this isn't trolling, though.
Yes, it is an echo chamber of mostly-shared beliefs. With satirical devil's advocate "coal gang" members that sway in-and-out of character.

I ask additional questions for clarity. Instead of clarification, my questions get ignored. Meanwhile, I try to answer the numerous poorly-framed questions that are asked of me.
The vast majority of this thread would identify as somewhere on the left side of the (US) politicial spectrum, thus it was possible and quite easy to infer what/who you were referring to in spite of a politically neutral term like echo chamber with no further clarification.
Would you agree with that assertion?

LL Cool J and Busta Rhymes Tapped By Republican to Lead New Hip-Hop Based Political Party

LL-Cool-J-Busta-Rhymes-300x175.jpg

Jineea Butler, a Republican congressional candidate for New York’s 13th District, is in the process of trying to create a new hip-hop based political party, and she’s asked LL Cool J and Busta Rhymes to be party leaders.

Butler is also the founder of the Hip Hop Union and said both legendary rappers would be able to get younger people excited about the political process. At this time, however, neither LL or Busta have responded.

“We’re looking for somebody that can energize the vote, so we can clear the 50,000 votes and someone who resonates with millennials and young folks,” she explained.

The line will be called the New American Party and Butler said she wanted to start it because she feels Republicans have given up on building a relationship with the Black community. She also said Democrats are aware of this and as a result, have taken the Black vote for granted.

Yes, it is an echo chamber of mostly-shared beliefs. With satirical devil's advocate "coal gang" members that sway in-and-out of character.

I ask additional questions for clarity. Instead of clarification, my questions get ignored. Meanwhile, I try to answer the numerous poorly-framed questions that are asked of me.
“Echo chamber” of people wanting racial equality, education as a priority and public health care. How horrible

Massachusetts Hates Trump More Than Any Other State

The president must be so disappointed.

A new poll has found that Massachusetts, where those who disapprove of him outnumber those who approve of him nearly two-to-one, hates Trump more than any other state in the nation.

After crunching the numbers on our notoriously blue state, Morning Consult found that disapproval outpaces approval for the Commander-in-Chief 62 percent to 35 percent, earning an overall rating from the state of -27, the most dismal rating in the country. That’s according to a survey of 1,439,105 registered voters in every state, which the research firm says it has been conducting daily since Trump’s inauguration.

Vermont’s rating was close behind Massachusetts’, with a net approval rating of -24. Tied for third at -23 were California and Washington state.

As for states that love what they see coming out of Washington, Wyoming was the most enthusiastic, with a net approval rating of +31. Next-most-thrilled were West Virginia and Alabama, where that number is +30.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2018/08/15/massachusetts-hates-trump-any-other-state/

except sam adams folks.. which means sam adams joins yuenling on my no list
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ses-to-drink-the-beer/?utm_term=.5d83615ba351

at least the mayor is with the people:
http://fortune.com/2018/08/15/sam-adams-beer-boycott-trump/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom