***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'General' started by rico x hood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

It's a pretty long but interesting read about the Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg, who has taken huge financial losses since his association with Michael Cohen.

Excerpt
    :
    In March, during one of his last trips to the U.S., he was stopped and questioned by Mueller’s team at an airport in the New York area. They asked about his ties to Cohen, who faces sentencing on Dec. 12 for confessed crimes that include violating campaign-finance rules. Investigators also asked why he attended Trump’s inauguration and if Intrater’s $250,000 gift was actually his money.

Vekselberg “answered every question the agents asked of him” Shtorkh said. “He has nothing to hide.” Intrater, who set up the New York firm Columbus Nova in 2000 as Renova Group’s “U.S.-based affiliate,” declined to comment beyond saying that the money he gave to Trump’s inauguration was his own, not his cousin’s.

In January 2017, just after Trump assumed the presidency, Columbus Nova signed a $1 million consulting contract with Cohen, who would later become deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee. The firm eventually wired a total of about $500,000 to the same legal entity that Cohen used to pay hush money to an adult film star who claims to have had an affair with Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...lberg-met-michael-cohen-then-he-lost-billions
    Putin’s ‘American’ Oligarch Privately Boasted of Trump Ties. Then He Lost Billions
    A chance New York encounter between onetime Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and a relative of Viktor Vekselberg has cost the Russian dearly.

Not long after Michael Cohen stopped pursuing a Trump-branded property project in Moscow, another Russian connection to the future U.S. president’s entourage started to form.

Like the real estate plan, it didn’t end well—particularly for Russian tycoon Viktor Vekselberg. His effort to engage in statecraft at the highest level unraveled spectacularly, costing him billions, cleaving his family and severing the extensive ties to the U.S. elite that turned him into what one Moscow newspaper called the “most American” of Vladimir Putin’s plutocrats.

This saga, much of it previously unreported, began with a chance encounter between Cohen, Trump’s now-disgraced former lawyer, and Vekselberg’s American cousin, Andrew Intrater, in the fall of 2016. Soon, Trump would be in the White House and Vekselberg would be privately boasting of having the pull needed to help achieve the sanctions relief the Kremlin was craving, people familiar with the matter said. Instead, he became the richest victim of the most dangerous standoff between the U.S. and Russia since the Cold War.
    [​IMG]

AEA18 and elpablo21 like this.
  2. boris

boris

I have a feeling that today is going to be interesting. This is totally how innocent people act.

fargin likes this.
  3. Belgium

I'm not sure if this one can be beaten. Back in March, Politico reported on the WH's paper tape team.
    President Trump has a habit of ripping papers after he's done with them and continued doing so despite repeated urgings from his staff and aides to stop, while also warning him the paper ripping could be violating the Presidential Records Act law.
    Trump was unwavered by these warnings however and continued doing so, which made the WH decide to enlist a team of officials to work on taping Trump's ripped papers back together again to prevent him from violating the law.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164
    Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together
    The president's unofficial 'filing system' involves tearing up documents into pieces, even when they're supposed to be preserved.
    Solomon Lartey spent the first five months of the Trump administration working in the Old Executive Office Building, standing over a desk with scraps of paper spread out in front of him.

Lartey, who earned an annual salary of $65,969 as a records management analyst, was a career government official with close to 30 years under his belt. But he had never seen anything like this in any previous administration he had worked for. He had never had to tape the president’s papers back together again.

Armed with rolls of clear Scotch tape, Lartey and his colleagues would sift through large piles of shredded paper and put them back together, he said, “like a jigsaw puzzle.” Sometimes the papers would just be split down the middle, but other times they would be torn into pieces so small they looked like confetti.

It was a painstaking process that was the result of a clash between legal requirements to preserve White House records and President Donald Trump’s odd and enduring habit of ripping up papers when he’s done with them — what some people described as his unofficial “filing system.”

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

storm2006, fargin, AEA18 and 2 others like this.
  4. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

Dude is such an idiot extraordinaire. He's the epitome of his followers... Very low intellect, acts brashly, & just chirps falsities that he reads on the internet as if they were facts & then shouts "false news" if things don't fit his agenda...

I love how the deplorable in chief typed, "And bye the way..." in the first tweet up there... Absolute moron.

storm2006, fargin, AEA18 and 3 others like this.
  5. Belgium

If he doesn't know Corsi, why does Trump have a joint-defense contract with him?

fargin and boris like this.
  6. Belgium

7. blastercombo

blastercombo

Trump outs himself every time like clock work

8. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

I never thought this country would elect another idiot into office like we did W but GOT DAYUM, we did even worse with this dude. Idiot doesn't even do this deplorable in chief justice... He possesses no sense of intelligence.

fargin likes this.
  9. cedric ceballos

cedric ceballos

Reminds me of a real life version of the Frank Grimes/ Homer Simpson episode from the Simpsons from years ago.

Grimes represents all the rational normal Americans while Homer plays the role of Trumpito down to a T.

polar610 likes this.
  10. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

:lol: First thing that would come out of the "Law & Order" Trumpette's mouths.

11. Nike Jordan

Nike Jordan

I'd rather have Homer Simpson in the White House.

12. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

I actually can't bear to hear him speak anymore so I never listen or watch what he says on TV. I see his quotes in here, on websites, & what not... I mean when you look at him, he looks dumb...

frink85 likes this.
  13. gry60

gry60

He doesn't know Corsi; his lawyers do. He doesn't know every person his lawyers know. He might even have a joint-defense contract with Satan and not know it. That's not illegal.

-- Trump Supporters

14. putting in work

putting in work

Man it's crazy how the dude I work with and Trump supporters still go to bat for this dude.

:smh:

It's like no matter how much comes out they find a way look the other way. My coworker always says look at your 401K and tell me if anyone else changed your life situation as much as Trump did.

That's his big defensive card he always throws out.

I still think Trump will get reelected though best opponent would be Biden. Like it should have been all along.

15. gry60

gry60

The movie about this presidency better be a comedy.

Kimchi Papi likes this.
  16. the natural mystic

the natural mystic

Homer Simpson is an idiot but at least he has a good heart.

jape, mastamind033, gry60 and 8 others like this.
  17. iamdef

iamdef

When the only way you are affected by his words is monetarily, nothing else he does matters.

18. boris

boris

He's clearly just trying to fight back against Mueller and the 17 Angry Dems.

aepps20 likes this.
  19. gry60

gry60

How's his 401k these days?

How you're going to sell the chicken (brag about your 401k) before catching it (before cashing out)?

That's why I don't feel bad when they get bitten by his policies and change course.

Part of being an adult is being able to foresee the consequences of your actions. Trump supporters can't do that.

20. cedric ceballos

cedric ceballos

True. But when Grimes saw all his accomplishments like going to space etc and how he flipped out it drove him nuts the way I’m sure Trump in office does the same to most traditional politicians.

That said, Homer was a good guy. Trump is a scumbag.

frink85 and the natural mystic like this.
  21. elpablo21

elpablo21

fargin and AEA18 like this.
  22. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

I'm hoping director Adam McKay completes a troika of flicks (Big Short, Vice) with a movie about the deplorable in chief. I'd call it don the con.

All his followers all have a dull look about them & see don the con as one of them because they think he speaks his mind in a politically correct world. They all read & believe everything the russians & chinese post on their facebook feed to which is the saddest thing. Hate to see people (Americans) of low intelligence get taken advantage like that so easily.

Same way W sounded & looked so stupid whenever he opened his mouth (strateegery)... They all looked at him like "he's one of us". He looks like us & he sounds like us...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  23. fargin

fargin

We all have to come to terms with the fact, that the movie about the Trump presidency will be an Adam Sandler movie.

stuntman mike likes this.
  24. Belgium

A movie wouldn't do this extraordinary time period any justice. Should be a documentary series.

25. plansb

plansb

I always envisioned this presidency as a monty python movie