***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Wait when did she ever not indentify as black? :lol: Is that what "woke" twitter is spreading now.

Also, I don't know why we keep bringing up Biden like he even has a chance in the primaries. He has no lane in this election cycle.

Plenty of room for Joe Biden. He very well could be the last man standing, check out some of the recent polls as far as favorability among Democratic candidates.

She's an AKA from Howard who launched her campaign on Howard's campus. She definitely identifies as black :lol:.

Eh, there’s a difference in people identifying you as black and you actually identifying yourself as black. As of now I’m cool on Kamala Harris. I’ll check out her Breakfast Club interview tomorrow but as I have said before she has some explaining to do as far as I’m concerned.....and I love AKA’s but to me something just ain’t adding up about Kamala.

Plenty of room for Joe Biden. He very well could be the last man standing, check out some of the recent polls as far as favorability among Democratic candidates.

Referencing polls means nothing, we see how that worked out last time :lol:

Joe doesn't have a leg to stand on outide of his perceived appeal to working class whites in the midwest. He's not liberal enough for Bernie and Warren supporters, he already disregarded young folks, and he doesn't have a chance winning any southern states with two black candidates running :lol: He needs to end his career on a high note, not getting 1% of the vote and ending his campaign after New Hampshire.

Last edited:
07E41988-656F-486A-80F0-5C4E89631A1B.jpeg

Imagine....a ***** questioning the blackness of an AKA who went to an HBCU.

Sometimes, ***** WANT to be fooled into thinking WE are worse than we are (as politicians). Kamala ain’t perfect...but she generally on the right side of issues. Some her policies are funny...but a nuanced person could understand. But people digest **** in tweets and shorthand these days...and run with the narratives instead of maybe looking into context, nuance and general consensus at the time.

Obama wouldn’t eem get elected today if he ran now. They’d shut him out for his voting record on LGBT issues off the muscle.

Some of us (the loudest and wrongest)..hold black politicians to an unreasonable standards at times.....and over-expect instant change and explicit policies ignoring how we gotta finesse in this arena.

Lastly...you know she black when she trying to show off “da belt” I’m a fit :lol: :smh:

D4C9CD41-3064-4C36-A187-0B8D17C95161.jpeg
Everytime I see an AKA license plate I fix myself in the mirror then get ready to see what's up then it ends up being someone from this generation or later. Eh, still would.

It's exactly what he did. Stating she did this and that so oh she definitely identifies as black.

Not that I really care . Her blackness means nothing to me.
No, I'm saying on top of her obviously identifying as black, you can stack these things with them if you have any doubts. She's not a Rachel Dolezal. Not sure why that's relevant.

I think the Dims need to turn to a unity ticket of Jeffrey Flake and Ralph Northam. That team wouldn't get my vote but it is the spineless ticket Dums need.

It appears Republicans are reaching peak mild concern, they might even furrow their brows. If they unleash their invertebrate fury they might be even be slightly disturbed.
But not enough to take action of course, first they need to figure out to what extent they can continue licking his boots and if it's really necessary to make a fuss about the president refusing to comply with the law.

Now they're "concerned" about president Trump openly disregarding a law? Give me a break.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/11/gop-trump-ignored-khashoggi-report-1164487
GOP livid with Trump over ignored Khashoggi report
It's the latest rift between Republicans and the president over foreign policy.

Senate Republicans are fuming at President Donald Trump for telling lawmakers he would disregard a law requiring a report to Congress determining who is responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The uproar among Republicans is just the latest example of their deep discontent with the president’s foreign policy. It could prompt even more defections in favor of a Democrat-led resolution coming before the House and Senate this month to cut off U.S. support for the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen’s civil war.
“It’s not a good way to start the new Congress in its relationship with the Foreign Relations Committee,” said Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, a Republican on that panel, in an interview. “It violates the law. And the law is clear about those timelines. I’m urging them and I expect them to comply with the law.”

Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, a vulnerable Republican who faces re-election in 2020, said “the administration needs to submit the report,” adding: “There’s no excuse. They must submit it.”

On Friday, the Trump administration said it reserved the right to decline lawmakers’ demand under the Magnitsky Act that the president report to Congress with a determination of who is responsible for Khashoggi’s October slaying inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

“They were supposed to make a report on Friday and they didn’t do it,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said. “And the only thing I can say now is they better have a good excuse for not issuing it.”

“They owe us a report,” Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) said. “We can make a fuss about it.”

Last year, then-Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and his Democratic counterpart, Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, used the Magnitsky Act to trigger a 120-day investigation, aiming to force the administration to determine who is responsible for Khashoggi’s murder and possibly impose sanctions. Friday’s deadline came and went, with a senior administration official saying Trump “maintains his discretion to decline to act on congressional committee requests when appropriate.”

Now retired, Corker declined to comment on the administration ignoring the law, as did several other Republicans who had supported efforts to compel a determination from the administration.

Gardner said the Foreign Relations Committee “should take action” to force the administration to comply with the law. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), another member of the panel, said lawmakers “want to get more information from the administration than we’ve received so far. The president has to comply with the Magnitsky Act. He has not done so in a timely manner yet.”

Despite those calls from the rank and file, the committee’s chairman, Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho), hasn’t shown discomfort with the administration’s Friday letter. He wouldn’t commit to further action to compel compliance with the Magnitsky Act, a marked contrast to Corker’s time as chairman.

“We asked for the information. They sent it. And I put out a press release,” Risch told reporters.

Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, was among the first Republicans to criticize the Trump administration for its response. He said he was “deeply troubled” by the administration’s decision not to comply with Congress’ request.

Democrats said the administration’s response amounted to a cover-up and a willing violation of the law. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended the administration on Monday, telling reporters during a stop in Hungary, “America is not covering up for a murder.”

Yet Pompeo’s comments did little to satisfy Democrats.

“They are not following the law. … It’s just wrong,” said Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.), a senior member of the committee. “We’re going to get back to the kingdom. There’s going to be legislation dealing with the kingdom. The fact that they didn’t respond to Magnitsky is not going to put the administration in a strong position for defending their policies.”

The Saudi government has said Khashoggi’s murder was the result of a rogue operation that was executed without the knowledge of the kingdom’s higher-ups. But U.S. intelligence officials have reportedly concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — the kingdom’s de facto ruler — ordered the killing, and lawmakers who received classified briefings on the matter said there was no doubt that the crown prince was behind the grisly murder. Moreover, The New York Times reported last week that U.S. intelligence reports showed the crown prince vowed to use a “bullet” on Khashoggi.

Trump has maintained his posture toward Saudi Arabia — even backing the kingdom’s denials — and argued that the arms sales are good for the U.S. economy.

The U.S. has imposed sanctions on 17 Saudis believed to be involved in the killing, but some lawmakers have pushed Trump to impose human rights sanctions on Riyadh’s leaders and cut off U.S. weapons sales to the country.

Menendez and a bipartisan group of senators introduced legislation last week to require sanctions, ban U.S. refueling of Saudi aircraft fighting in Yemen’s civil war and cut off some weapons sales. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, is working on a companion bill, an aide said.

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, the chief GOP sponsor of the Menendez bill, appeared resigned to the administration’s inaction, saying: “That’s up to them. I’m going to move [on the legislation].”

On Friday — the day of the Magnitsky deadline — the Saudi Foreign Ministry tweeted what many saw as a threat to the U.S. government over its pending response to the Khashoggi killing. “Our leadership is a red line,” the tweet read, adding: “We warn against any attempt to link Khashoggi’s crime to our leadership.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom