***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Of course theres a poster of him doing his stupid thumbs up on the wall. What a ****ing fraud. :lol:

Dude has his name in gold outside of buildings, what else you expect?

Then add in all the other 'trump' crap

Only people like @dwalk31 thought any of that was a good sign of things to come

If you need a pick-me-up today, watch this:

It reminds me of Borat silent counting before saying "not":

QuaintDeadlyBluegill-small.gif

Well, if any country could pull off this level of buffoonery it's us.
Brussels is basically a spy's paradise. It's both the political capital of the EU and NATO's HQ is stationed there, all in a prettty close radius. The investigation is ongoing and involves highly classified matters so I think it'll be a while before we learn more substantive information about the case.

Apparently it's so densely populated with spies that there's a bunch of them in just about every café, restaurant, ... in the immediate surroundings of the EU and NATO HQ's. There was a good report in the German DW paper about officials being advised to just stay away entirely from certain areas. (link below)

Our intelligence agencies are actually much more secretive than the CIA if you can imagine that. I think it would be fair to say I know more about what the CIA is doing than what either of our domestic intelligence agencies are doing.
I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed that I very much love reading about intelligence activities, investigations, ... but the problem is we generally just don't get to learn much about what the VSSE (civil intel agency) or the ADIV (millitary intel agency) are doing.

Over the past year or 2 there have been a lot of leaks from within our intelligence agencies but it mostly centered around allegations of very low morale, incompetent leadership, outdated equipment, crippling infrastructure issues, chaotic management, ...
Very little about what they were actually doing. In many cases I'd learn parts of what our intelligence agencies were doing not because our media got the scoop but because EU officials discussed such activities with their respective counterparts and those discussions were then reported in foreign papers.

Edit: Here was that DW article I referenced earlier.
https://www.dw.com/en/hundreds-of-russian-and-chinese-spies-in-brussels-report/a-47437958
Hundreds of Russian and Chinese spies in Brussels — report
The EU's de facto capital is teeming with Russian and Chinese spies, according to officials cited by a German newspaper. Diplomats have reportedly been told to avoid certain eateries in the European quarter.

The EU's foreign service has warned there are hundreds of Russian and Chinese intelligence agents operating in Brussels, according to a report in Germany's Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

The European External Action Service (EEAS) estimates there are "about 250 Chinese and 200 Russian spies in the European capital," the paper reported, citing EU diplomats.

Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said.
According to the EEAS, which is headed by chief EU diplomat Federica Mogherini, these intelligence agents are mainly based at their home countries' embassies or trade missions. Without citing figures, the body added that Russia has historically had a large number of agents stationed in the city.

Spy hotbed

Spying by foreign countries is an open secret in Brussels, and even expected given the city's importance — it is the EU's de facto capital and is also home to NATO.

A scandal erupted in 2003 after bugging devices were discovered in the European Council's Justis Lipsius building, in offices used by British, French, German and Spanish diplomats. While the culprit was never revealed, suspicion was directed at Israel and the US.

Besides operatives from Russia and China, American and Moroccan agents are also believed to be active in Brussels, Welt reported.

Last edited:

I usually like her content but I feel like liberals are going down a dangerous road here.

The shea butter crowd is going to "cancel" every liberal candidate then have the audacity to get angry when Trump gets re-elected. They're looking for perfect candidate with a perfect record. Here's a news flash: that candidate doesn't exist! (if they do exist please identify the current American politicians with a perfect record)

Take what you can get or get ready for 4 more years of Trump. Sure Kamala was a prosecutor who made some bad decisions and Cory is a corporatist but they're both far better options than Trump.

I know many people will hate to hear this but sometimes you have to take a 70% solution. Don't let 'great' get in the way of 'good'. I'd rather have 70% of what I want than 100% of what I don't.

Last edited:
I’m watching Fahrenheit 11/9 right now. Really scary stuff - the Flint water, WV teachers, the cuts from rallies...

You need a wholesale gutting of local, state and national government - so it actually does good for the people.

The New Jersey AG is also investigating Trump's Bedminster National Golf Club's employment of undocumented immigrants, which was allegedly known to supervisors, including the use of false green cards and SSNs. One of the undocumented workers also alleges her name was kept of the Secret Service screening list for a planned Trump visit. The FBI began collecting employment records a couple months ago as well, though it's unclear if tthey ended up opening an investigation as well.

Now the NJ AG is also subpoenaing Trump's Inaugural Committee. The Inaugural Committee has 2 weeks to comply with the subpoena and submit all the requested documents to the New Jersey AG's consumer protection division.
https://apnews.com/52fc0a46c86f4a53b77f663dcb9b16cf
President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee received a sweeping request for financial records this week from prosecutors in New Jersey, the second subpoena the group has received in as many weeks as its fundraising and spending draws mounting scrutiny.

The committee said Friday that it is in contact with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, which issued the request for documents on Monday as part of a civil inquiry into how the committee raised and spent $107 million on inaugural events.

The inaugural committee has told the AP its finances were independently audited and that all funds were spent in accordance with the law. Leland Moore, a spokesman for New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal, declined to comment.

The inquiry marks the latest in a series of investigations into Trump’s campaign and presidency. The special counsel, Robert Mueller, is investigating whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia and whether the president obstructed the investigation. In a separate case, federal prosecutors in New York have alleged that Trump directed his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to make illegal hush-money payments to two women in a bid to quash potential sex scandals during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Trump denies wrongdoing and has called Mueller’s probe a “witch hunt.” He also has said he was not involved in the operations of the inaugural committee.

The subpoena, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, resembles the wide-ranging request for documents the committee received last week from federal prosecutors in Manhattan, who are investigating, among other potential crimes, whether foreigners illegally contributed to the inaugural events. Among other materials, the New York prosecutors asked for documents related to any payments made by donors directly to contractors and vendors who worked for the committee.

The latest subpoena contains similar language but specifically asks for records relating to fundraising events and “solicitations” conducted in New Jersey. It also requests copies of ledgers, tax forms, contracts and “all documents related to any benefits provided to donors.”

The subpoena gives the inaugural committee two weeks to provide the materials to the attorney general’s consumer protection division.

I usually like her content but I feel like liberals are going down a dangerous road here.

The shea butter crowd is going to "cancel" every liberal candidate then have the audacity to get angry when Trump gets re-elected. They're looking for perfect candidate with a perfect record. Here's a news flash: that candidate doesn't exist! (if they do exist please identify the current American politicians with a perfect record)

Take what you can get or get ready for 4 more years of Trump. Sure Kamala was a prosecutor who made some bad decisions and Cory is a corporatist but they're both far better options than Trump.

I know many people will hate to hear this but sometimes you have to take a 70% solution. Don't let 'great' get in the way of 'good'. I'd rather have 70% of what I want than 100% of what I don't.

Shea butter Twitter not to be trusted tbh. Almost as bad as hotep Twitter.

So I think I'm hoping for Biden/Beto. How y'all feel about that :nerd:

Shea butter Twitter not to be trusted tbh. Almost as bad as hotep Twitter.

So I think I'm hoping for Biden/Beto. How y'all feel about that :nerd:

I like that idea a lot and I definitely feel like that's an "electable" ticket. They could draw in establishment and younger voters, minorities and the Democratic elites, etc.

My primary concern is with Joe, he's 76 right now and would be 77 by the time he's elected. Do the math and he be 85 by the time he leaves office if he were a two-term president. Not to be ageist, but that's kind of concerning, I don't want to end up with another Reagan where he's senile for the second half of his presidency.

Also, does Joe want to do this now? Like I said he's already an older candidates. Does he want to be on the campaign trail for 12 or 14 hours a day for the next year? He's already done this twice as VP.

I will vote for that combo in the general but there is gonna be weak enthusiasm among a lot or sectors of the Dem base with that ticket. And we need strong enthusiasm for the down ticket races.

Progressives are not gonna like it, and when Biden's record on civil rights gets blasted everywhere, being Obama's homie is not gonna save him.

The only reason people view Biden as a viable candidate after so many failed runs is because a) Name recognition and b) the implicit argument that Biden can convince the white million and a half Obama to Trump flip voters to flip back to Dem. These voters generally want to shake up the system,and respond to either pro-worker rhetoric, but mainly racial appeals.

So we are counting on Biden being a champion of workers and the middle class or are we counting on him to ease the fears of white people with coded language? Given his history I can count on him letting racist white people he is on their side, not being a savior of the middle class. So I don't see where this supposed electability comes from.

Beto on the top of the ticket is properly a better move than Biden.

Last edited:
My primary concern is with Joe, he's 76 right now and would be 77 by the time he's elected. Do the math and he be 85 by the time he leaves office if he were a two-term president. Not to be ageist, but that's kind of concerning, I don't want to end up with another Reagan where he's senile for the second half of his presidency.

Also, does Joe want to do this now? Like I said he's already an older candidates. Does he want to be on the campaign trail for 12 or 14 hours a day for the next year? He's already done this twice as VP.
Or the guy we have now who has been senile the whole time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom