The people have only a few choices

Be assimilated into China or flee the country, or fight to protect their home

I’m ****ing heartbroken bruhs

Hong Kong has a special place in my heart

I don’t think the people of hong kong can win this fight

China has unlimited resources and people to throw at this problem

The people have only a few choices

Be assimilated into China or flee the country, or fight to protect their home
What's your relation to Hong Kong if you don't mind me asking?

Admittedly I only know the basics of Hong Kong's history and the relationship with China but the situation does look like an insurmountable uphill climb for the people of Hong Kong.
My (lacking) knowledge of Asia in general could use some more reading to get a better understanding. It's about to be a scorching heatwave in the next few days so that'll give me some time to get a decent grasp of what's going on out there.

Very lengthy article but worth a read.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mikesallah/rudy-giuliani-ukraine-trump-parnas-fruman
Two Unofficial US Operatives Reporting To Trump’s Lawyer Privately Lobbied A Foreign Government In A Bid To Help The President Win In 2020
Reporting directly to Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, two operators waged a brazen back-channel campaign that could thrust another foreign country to the center of the next US election.

Two unofficial envoys reporting directly to Donald Trump’s personal lawyer have waged a remarkable back-channel campaign to discredit the president’s rivals and undermine the special counsel’s inquiry into Russian meddling in US elections.

In a whirlwind of private meetings, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman — who pumped hundreds of thousands of dollars into Republican campaigns and dined with the president — gathered repeatedly with top officials in Ukraine and set up meetings for Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani as they turned up information that could be weaponized in the 2020 presidential race.

The two men urged prosecutors to investigate allegations against Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden. And they pushed for a probe into accusations that Ukrainian officials plotted to rig the 2016 election in Hillary Clinton’s favor by leaking evidence against Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign chair, in what became a cornerstone of the special counsel’s inquiry.

They also waged an aggressive campaign in the United States, staying at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, and meeting with key members of Congress as they joined in a successful push that led to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine after she angered their allies in Kiev.

Excerpts:
05c4b0372533df2c1b60cebaedc3784d.png

80502f2eec5401d54d7b3d0af4ff8dd5.png

d3da3905a50d71d00befed7d7850784b.png

Indeed, they maintain the prevailing social order by enforcing the laws that have created it and upon which it rests.

Which is why the notion that the mission of the police will be changed outside of politics is laughable. You can march all you want, but it's not towards an elected official seat, you're wasting your time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/cggbit/popular_country_music_radio_station_killed_a/

Buttigieg, Biden, and Bernie are playing a game that they won't win: trying to appeal to the lost ones and trying to ignore the racial aspect of politics is naive. The logic of Trump sympathizers and voters is instinctual and tribal; the logic is simple too: they are here, they are taking up space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc... and removing them will free the space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc... They don't care about the veracity of statistics or the logic behind the arguments that don't support their worldview.

they are here, they are taking up space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc... and removing them will free the space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc...
#Amen my coalrade! Only by #sendingHERback and #LOCKINGherUP can we reclaim this great land tis of thee! And only by gaping wide open for Trump Daddy and His administration can we secure the boarders and our native lands from those illegals that cross oceans and mountains to get here, whether by boat, plane or van. #4MoreTerms!

Buttigieg, Biden, and Bernie are playing a game that they won't win: trying to appeal to the lost ones and trying to ignore the racial aspect of politics is naive. The logic of Trump sympathizers and voters is instinctual and tribal; the logic is simple too: they are here, they are taking up space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc... and removing them will free the space/jobs/housing/federal aid/college seats/etc... They don't care about the veracity of statistics or the logic behind the arguments that don't support their worldview.

Biden, Bernie, and Pete all peddle their own special brand of "Dems don't know how to talk to white 'workng class' people". I know in a political campaign in America candidates gotta BS some. My issue with these dudes is that they seem to actually believe that mess.

Last edited:
#Amen my coalrade! Only by #sendingHERback and #LOCKINGherUP can we reclaim this great land tis of thee! And only by gaping wide open for Trump Daddy and His administration can we secure the boarders and our native lands from those illegals that cross oceans and mountains to get here, whether by boat, plane or van. #4MoreTerms!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/22/blackjewel-mines-shut-down-layoffs-future
'Our paychecks bounced': US workers in limbo as coalmines suddenly close

In light of this most disastrous news, I offer my most pious thoughts and most thoughtful prayers. With that said, I suggest you get in touch AOC, accept her Green New Deal, collect all the plastic in the ocean, and burn it because cancer will be had, either by coal or by HDPE fumes.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/22/blackjewel-mines-shut-down-layoffs-future
'Our paychecks bounced': US workers in limbo as coalmines suddenly close

In light of this most disastrous news, I offer my most pious thoughts and most thoughtful prayers. With that said, I suggest you get in touch AOC, accept her Green New Deal, collect all the plastic in the ocean, and burn it because cancer will be had, either by coal or by HDPE fumes.
Fake news. Alexandria Cortez will be our Alex Coaltez by the next election cycle once she realizes what's good for her, and good for Merica! And please do not try to sell me on this liberal mumbo jumbo plastic cancer fumes. I'm an Merican, and I don't take handouts from lib environmentalists trying to push their lib plastic burning agenda. Give me my guns, God and coal! Trump will direct the government to do what's best and reopen the mines! Open the mines! Open the mines! #GovernmentInterventionIsNotWelfare

Which is why the notion that the mission of the police will be changed outside of politics is laughable. You can march all you want, but it's not towards an elected official seat, you're wasting your time.
Exactly. There's only so much that can be accomplished via technocratic reforms. Would better training, greater diversity, stronger oversight, etc. help? Sure. Would those reforms be preferable to an alternative of leaving things entirely as is? Absolutely.

But we also need to understand that the aggressive policing of poor and working-class communities, particularly but not exclusively urban communities of color, and the routine violence and widespread incarceration that flow from this policing are fundamental functions of law enforcement in our society. It's not even that the police officers themselves are corrupt or racist or malicious, although they often are those things as well. But more fundamentally, the problem flows from the reality that they've been tasked with protecting the stability of a highly inequitable social order whose surplus population must be surveilled, contained, disciplined, and warehoused toward that end.

A new budget deal was just agreed to and it looks like the Fed might cut rates. So Trump's economy is being propped up by a fiscal and monetary stimulus. The disaster that is the tax cuts is being covered up by more spending and low interest rates.

While I agree with a budget deal being cut and lower interest rates, these moves are gonna put the battery in the back clowns that are ignorant of economics and think Trump is some genius that jump started the economy.

So Obeezy gets completely sabotaged by the same clowns that are down to spend like crazy to keep this facade going.

****ing bull****.

I just know if Trump gets a second term, the GOP gonna start talking about deficits like the are MMTers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom