***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No surprise here but the WH was also involved in advising the Acting DNI to overrule the IC Inspector General and continue violating the law by withholding the complaint.
Also, I don't think this complaint would be related to divulging classified information. Anyone working in the intel community would know that the president has the authority to disclose classified information as he sees fit.

Belgium >>>> than 99.9% of congress plus the media.
I find this kind of stuff extremely interesting, particularly investigations and national security matters.

It appears my earlier guess was on the right track. IATT IATT as well.
I'm not sure how it would fit in the jurisdiction of the DNI or how it would relate to "one of the most significant and important responsibilities of the DNI" but we also know that Giuliani was recently pressuring Ukraine's president into investigating Trump's political opponents. Trump had a call with president Zelensky on July 25 and later held up a $250m military aid package to Ukraine for some time, though he eventually approved it after bipartisan pressure from Congress.
The whistleblower complaint was filed on August 12 but we don't know when the timeframe of the series of multiple acts.

Edit: Actually, pressuring a foreign government into investigating political opponents would probably be considered election interference, which would put it under the DNI's jurisdiction.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e33f0a-daf6-11e9-bfb1-849887369476_story.html
Whistleblower complaint about President Trump involves Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter
A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter, which has set off a struggle between Congress and the executive branch.

The complaint involved communications with a foreign leader and a “promise” that Trump made, which was so alarming that a U.S. intelligence official who had worked at the White House went to the inspector general of the intelligence community, two former U.S. officials said.

Now that reports are out that at least some part of the whistleblower complaint relates Ukraine, here's a timeline. The IC Inspector General informed Congress today that the complaint isn't just about a single act but a series of multiple acts.

Trump reinstated the $250m military aid package for Ukraine on September 12.
The whistleblower filed the complaint on August 12 and the Inspector General informed Acting DNI Maguire on August 26.
On September 9, the IC Inspector General sent a letter to Congress notifying them of the whistleblower complaint and his determination that it was credible and of urgent concern.
On September 13, Maguire sent a letter in response to Schiff's request to hand over the complaint.
The day before, Reuters reported that the millitary aid package that he had been delaying for some reason would be reinstated. Reports today stated that both the DOJ and the WH were involved in directing Maguire to refrain from handing over the complaint to Congress.
On September 17, Maguire sent another letter to Congress telling them that he would not comply with the subpoena "because he is being instructed not to, that this involved a higher authority, someone above."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ukraine-idUSKCN1VX213

Last edited:
Ukraine, if you're listening...
I hope you are able to find records of those communications, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by the press.

Maguire and Barr should be prosecuted for obstruction of justice when the DOJ is in proper hands.

Last edited:

giphy (2).gif

My take-away from today's developments is two-fold. First, this is some serious **** and I hope all the dominoes fall.

Second, this confirms pretty much everything we had speculated about in 2016 with Trump being compromised by the Russians. He did it then, he's doing it now, and he'll do it again.

What is to be done with this traitor?

I love it when we turn around the conservative refrain often given to black people, "you have nothing to worry about from cops if you're innocent."

*Correction to the timeline post I made earlier.
I stated that Trump reinstated the $250m in military aid to Ukraine on September 12 but that was incorrect, Reuters reported on that day that the aid would be reinstated.

The aid was actually reinstated today.

Now that reports are out that at least some part of the whistleblower complaint relates Ukraine, here's a timeline. The IC Inspector General informed Congress today that the complaint isn't just about a single act but a series of multiple acts.

Trump reinstated the $250m military aid package for Ukraine on September 12.
The whistleblower filed the complaint on August 12 and the Inspector General informed Acting DNI Maguire on August 26.
On September 9, the IC Inspector General sent a letter to Congress notifying them of the whistleblower complaint and his determination that it was credible and of urgent concern.
On September 13, Maguire sent a letter in response to Schiff's request to hand over the complaint.
The day before, Reuters reported that the millitary aid package that Trump had been delaying for some reason would be reinstated. Reports today stated that both the DOJ and the WH were involved in directing Maguire to refrain from handing over the complaint to Congress.
On September 17, Maguire sent another letter to Congress telling them that he would not comply with the subpoena "because he is being instructed not to, that this involved a higher authority, someone above."
On September 19, Trump reinstated the military aid.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ukraine-idUSKCN1VX213

Back
Top Bottom