***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think we are economically anxious. I don’t think manslaughter is the answer

I don't necessarily disagree with you. And I will be in the house myself.

But I think this perspective comes from a place of privilege. There are many that don't have the luxury to work from home and are struggling with layoffs and not being paid. I think many would prefer/need the opportunity to return to work sooner than later.

dwalk31 dwalk31 :rofl: :rofl:

@beligum made that comment today. After you claimed that back when Romney made the vote to convict Trump people were in here caping for him and calling him courageous

You are seriously approach peak pathetic

I said I think the term "courageous" was used. I do. And tagged someone who is good at finding old posts.

I'm not searching a bunch of pages to find it.

I said I think the term "courageous" was used. I do. And tagged someone who is good at finding old posts.

I'm not searching a bunch of pages to find it.
Let me help you

Your troll self was damn wrong.

Stop now, stop making yourself look like a bigger horse's *** than you have already

For a country without a real federal government, I have to say Belgium has done pretty well in our coronavirus response. At least so far.
We've managed to slow down the rate of infection increases by a sizeable amount for some time now.

Not gonna lie, I expected complete and total disaster in terms of a government response. The lack of a federal government hasn't impeded us nearly as much as I would've thought, and by now we've at long last established an emergency government.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. And I will be in the house myself.

But I think this perspective comes from a place of privilege. There are many that don't have the luxury to work from home and are struggling with layoffs and not being paid. I think many would prefer/need the opportunity to return to work sooner than later.

I’ve been furloughed from both of my jobs within a week this month. I am incredibly good at savings, still have my benefits and my living expenses are low so maybe you are right. Ethically I do not want return to work any sooner than possible, I work in service! Lots of hands on things and hands on other people’s things and that grows exponentially for the people under me and not in management. I agree with Bernie saying the government should just cut 2000 checks a month until this thing is over. I would rather not see some of these corporations bailed out. Everyone is going to have a different perspective about this, I debated with my own brother for days and he hates Trump. He eventually caved after just seeing the numbers projected of people that could die. I think herd immunity is risky!

3f6d4a72d9568c902c407d8736741987.png
It is also my view that Romney is a clown and a coward, just slightly less so than his colleagues.

I’ve been furloughed from both of my jobs within a week this month. I am incredibly good at savings, still have my benefits and my living expenses are low so maybe you are right. Ethically I do not want return to work any sooner than possible, I work in service! Lots of hands on things and hands on other people’s things and that grows exponentially for the people under me and not in management. I agree with Bernie saying the government should just cut 2000 checks a month until this thing is over. I would rather not see some of these corporations bailed out. Everyone is going to have a different perspective about this, I debated with my own brother for days and he hates Trump. He eventually caved after just seeing the numbers projected of people that could die. I think herd immunity is risky!

Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that they plan to restore your job after this. $2000 checks every month would be great for those that need it. But that is not going to happen. So I think with what we have, opening certain locations sooner than others might be a good idea for the delicate balance that is needed.

Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that they plan to restore your job after this. $2000 checks every month would be great for those that need it. But that is not going to happen. So I think with what we have, opening certain locations sooner than others might be a good idea for the delicate balance that is needed.

I’m the type of person who will admit that I do not know everything. I just dont want to see lots of people die. We will just have to wait and see... I will say that if it backfires, the president has literally painted himself red.

Easter is a ridiculous timeline though. That's virtually guaranteed to allow the virus to spread at an increased rate and overwhelm medical facilities. The virus' peak has been projected to take place around May-June. Some facilities such as morgues and ICU beds are already at capacity, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that problem will only continue to grow much worse in the coming weeks/months.

Meanwhile his administration just sabotaged a G7 joint-statement because Pompeo insisted on calling it the Wuhan virus instead of its actual name. Trump and his allies have been going around calling it the Chinese virus over and over again but now he suddenly supposedly cares about the effect of such rhetoric on Asian-Americans.

Meanwhile his administration just sabotaged a G7 joint-statement because Pompeo insisted on calling it the Wuhan virus instead of its actual name. Trump and his allies have been going around calling it the Chinese virus over and over again but now he suddenly supposedly cares about the effect of such rhetoric on Asian-Americans.

dwalk31 dwalk31 has said he needs to do better on twitter

Back
Top Bottom