***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Aug 18, 2012
There is a lot more to the US than NY. I think he has mentioned certain parts opening prior to others.
yea cause opening fly over states is going to help.

major hubs have high infection rates.
By hubs I mean states that do imports and exports with the world.
Ny, Cali, wash, houston, fla, Maryland.

As long as these places are shut down. The economy is going to be In the crapper.

Then since they loosen the rules people will travel and then infect them fly over areas as well.

lose lose.

Honestly he’s talking about opening part of a state. What’s that even mean. People will spread the virus there too.

sure u can open Montana and Idaho great. They can carry the county.

right now it’s a L all we can do is lock down and wait. That’s the best choice. Anything else is basically saying we care about money over people

America is acting like the rest of the world is dumb and they have this great idea on how to keep making money and cure the sick.

sure buddy go do that.... good luck.

Last edited:
Joined Mar 27, 2004
yea cause opening fly over states is going to help.

major hubs have high infection rates.
By hubs I mean states that do imports and exports with the world.
Ny, Cali, wash, houston, fla, Maryland.

As long as these places are shut down. The economy is going to be In the crapper.

Then since they loosen the rules people will travel them and then infect them fly over areas.

lose lose.

Honestly he’s talking about opening part of a state. What’s that even mean. People will spread the virus there too.

sure u can open Montana and Idaho great. They can carry the county.

right now it’s a L all we can do is lock down and wait. That’s the best choice. Anything else is basically saying we care about money over people

America is acting like the rest of the world is dumb and they have this great idea on how to keep making money and cure the sick.

sure buddy i do that.... good luck.
When someone can name one state where we've slowed the growth, then we can talk about opening things back up. Name just ONE state.

Remember WV, the last state free of coronavirus just 11 days ago? Then they got 1 case? Now they have 52! Doubling every couple days. Give them a couple weeks without intervention and they'll be in the thousands.

Every damn state is following the same trajectory as NYC. Cases are doubling every 3-5 days. Even Montana and Idaho. Like you said, major hubs have the highest infection rates currently, but that's just because they got seeds planted earlier. But everywhere on the map is on the same trajectory as NYC. Some will say, "Oh, Louisiana, it's bad but it's still only 2300 cases. It's no New York." Yeah, well, New York was there just a week ago. Now they're nearing 40k.

Like I've said before, this is frustrating because it's so ****ing predictable. At this point you don't even need to understand exponents. Just look at what's happened in every place that's had COVID-19. People who still don't get it are idiots. Unfortunately, one is president.

Joined Mar 27, 2004
And for everyone saying we should open things back up to save the economy -- here are two options:

option 1: shut down for two months now, limit losses to ~250k cases and ~$5k deaths.

option 2: keep trying to keep things open, get up to 100 million cases and 5 million deaths, kill the economy not for 2 months but for years.

The choice is clear.

You never give up on the economy. Option 2 or bust! #MAGA

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now