***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't agree with any implication that Trump is promoting anti-semitism.

He has openly condemned racism, white supremacy and white supremacists numerous times.

Ivanka and Jared are literally jewish.

and yet just yesterday he praised this guy:

1590172392231.jpeg

The term Pro-life is a term that is oft-used in relation to abortion rights.

That is why I asked the question.

so it can’t be applied to lives?

so I can’t say I’m “pro life” when I support drastic changes to the health care and insurance industries?

and yet just yesterday he praised this guy:

1590172392231.jpeg

Are you saying that making a positive statement about Henry Ford makes the person who made the statement a supporter of anti-semitism?

Think carefully about statements made by prior presidents on Ford before you answer.

I think the lack of a coordinated plan is costing deaths, yes, and it happens on both sides of the aisle. The administration literally scrapped a playbook from the CDC in lieu of a 1 page “playbook” that has little to no information

If you are so convinced by the plan, are you going out to bars, large public gathering, etc? Tell us what the plan is?

say what you want, but the lack of a coordinated plan is going to hurt the economy more than help it. If people don’t feel safe, a decent chunk won’t go out and spend money which will reduce GDP, further job losses and paycuts, and lead to a general economic contraction. Businesses will have to take on additional debt to survive which is going to lead to reduced growth going forward.

This did/is happening on Trumps watch and as much as he wants to take zero blame for it, it stops with him. But I shouldn’t expect more from someone who gives Trump credit for things he likes in his administration as stuff that was done solely by Trump and ignores the 20% unemployment rate and 100k deaths because it’s convenient. This is what you do and it’s ****ing disgusting

I don't disagree that things could have been done better. That is often the case in hindsight.

But to say x number of people would have lived under y president but they died under Trump's administration is a bit of a reach in my opinion.

When the unemployment rates were at record lows, you said it was due to President Obama.

Now that it is at record highs it is on Trump (not the worldwide pandemic).

If it goes back to record lows, I'm sure you will say it was due to a trend caused by President Obama.

Politics is politics, I get it.

Are you saying that making a positive statement about Henry Ford makes the person who made the statement a supporter of anti-semitism?

Think carefully about statements made by prior presidents on Ford before you answer.

I think henry ford spoke for exactly the type of person he was when he thought the below was a good idea

I am also not in the habit of looking for excuses for a known racist

1590172852937.jpeg

Trump is deeply concerned about white supremacy. That is why this man is a senior policy advisor

I think henry ford spoke for exactly the type of person he was when he thought the below was a good idea

I am also not in the habit of looking for excuses for a known racist

1590172852937.jpeg

I don't understand your point.

How are you connecting this to Trump's statements?

How does Trump's statement somehow morph into him subscribing to the publication you posted?

Yes, Republican Govts. are killing people. Just look at Texas and Florida in two weeks.
These are getting out of control in Alabama too.

But it is disportionately black people being hurt so the GOP and dwalk31 dwalk31 don't give a ****

Trump is deeply concerned about white supremacy. That is why this man is a senior policy advisor

Then why has he denounced white supremacy, white supremacists and racists numerous times?

What's the point in doing that if he is a racist concerned with white supremacy?

If that were the case, wouldn't he voice support for white supremacy?

These are getting out of control in Alabama too.

But it is disportionately black people being hurt so the GOP and dwalk31 dwalk31 don't give a ****

That is truly sad :smh:

Unfortunate your first thought was to politicize it.

I don't understand your point.

How are you connecting this to Trump's statements?

How does Trump's statement somehow morph into him subscribing to the publication you posted?

a known racist who has said anti-Semitic comments says of a known anti-Semitic and nazi sympathizer that he comes from “good bloodlines”

and you’re confused

That is truly sad :smh:

Unfortunate your first thought was to politicize it.
Unfortunately your first thought is to try to grab the moral high ground to hide the fact you supported these governors reopening soon, which resulted in this mess.

Unfortunately you can't help yourself from acting like a trash person toward the black community.

A political decision helped cause this situation and you are upset i pointed that out.

Man **** all the way off you with this nonsense

a known racist who has said anti-Semitic comments says of a known anti-Semitic and nazi sympathizer that he comes from “good bloodlines”

and you’re confused

I disagree that Trump is a racist, so the rest of what you said doesn't follow.

I don't disagree that things could have been done better. That is often the case in hindsight.

But to say x number of people would have lived under y president but they died under Trump's administration is a bit of a reach in my opinion.

When the unemployment rates were at record lows, you said it was due to President Obama.

If it goes back to record lows, I'm sure you will say it was due to a trend caused by President Obama.

please point to where I said the record low unemployment was because of Obama.

I posted this in the very early stages of this:

28290147-E0DB-4AC9-96AE-20A8D392EB77.jpeg

so even before the economic toll started we were on two very different pages in terms of what the economy was doing. As bad as recessions are, they do a great job shining cracks on major flaws in our economy and this one is going to shine a massive light on corporate debt that was taken on to fuel growth and increase stock prices via stock buy backs. I’ve been pretty consistent in my stance that there are some pretty big issues bubbling up and we saw it in the first two to three weeks of the shut downs when major businesses didn’t even have enough cash on hand to last a month.

regardless of who is president, our economy is going to be cooked for the next few years but I’m of the opinion that you don’t hire the person who broke the kitchen sink to fix said sink especially when that individual is a con man.

Then why has he denounced white supremacy, white supremacists and racists numerous times?

What's the point in doing that if he is a racist concerned with white supremacy?

If that were the case, wouldn't he voice support for white supremacy?

so the actions of a liar who lies 18 times a day don’t matter because a liar said something that a liar lies about? Got it.

if I go out and employ 100 white supremacists but say that I hate white supremacy, does that make my actions better?

I think we all understand your need to defend Trump because it's mostly about defending your image, but this is just disingenuous garbage.

I don't think you're dumb enough to believe that a Clinton Administration would have ignored U.S. intelligence for months regarding the seriousness of the virus. A Clinton Administration wouldn't have downplayed the severity, it would have started preparing, and it would have issued cohesive guidelines for states to follow.

To ignore how little Trump did to prepare for this and guide the country is dishonest, and it only really serves to help you defend the administration from criticism.

There are so many people that support Trump that believe this is some kind of hoax and refuse to take it seriously, and Trump has not urged his followers to take precautions. It seems he's more concerned with inciting unrest.

But you know this.

please point to where I said the record low unemployment was because of Obama.

I posted this in the very early stages of this:

28290147-E0DB-4AC9-96AE-20A8D392EB77.jpeg

so even before the economic toll started we were on two very different pages in terms of what the economy was doing. As bad as recessions are, they do a great job shining cracks on major flaws in our economy and this one is going to shine a massive light on corporate debt that was taken on to fuel growth and increase stock prices via stock buy backs. I’ve been pretty consistent in my stance that there are some pretty big issues bubbling up and we saw it in the first two to three weeks of the shut downs when major businesses didn’t even have enough cash on hand to last a month.

regardless of who is president, our economy is going to be cooked for the next few years but I’m of the opinion that you don’t hire the person who broke the kitchen sink to fix said sink especially when that individual is a con man.

So was the record low unemployment because of Trump? Or not?

Which is it?

Because people in this thread refused to give Trump credit and often stated that he was merely overseeing trends started by Obama.

Do you disagree with that assessment?

Back
Top Bottom