***Official Political Discussion Thread***

if you actually think he’s an undecided voter looking to us to educate him, I got beachfront property in Oklahoma that you’ll love.

he already said he doesn’t do politics and isn’t voting for Biden or trump. He’s just here to argue.

im not here to argue I just wanted to be educated on some preconceived notions I’ve had. I know I have an ill informed opinion. some of the posts in response to my own have been insightful.

cz4lh2l1xef51.jpg

I liked Bernie. Would’ve settled for Beto or Yang.

Beto and Yang didn't have much of a chance but I still think Bernie had the best chance to beat Trump because of the excitement behind his campaign.

Biden pretty much sealed the primary by winning a bunch of states that he will lose in November.

biden was ya mans the whole time?
Nope. Not even close.

Warren, Booker, Castro, Beto, and Bernie probably in that order.

When voting started in my state, I ranked Warren first on my ballot, and Bernie second (everyone else dropped out). Warren was not viable in my caucus room, so Bernie got my vote.

I was perfectly happy with Bernie as the candidate, and when it looked like Biden was going to win I donated money to Bernie, called everyone I could to get them to vote for Bernie. I even bought my cousins a pair of sneakers to buy off his vote.

I didn't want Biden to win the nomination. But he did, and I have accepted that.

Biden is the candidate now, so I want him to win more than anything. He is a massive improvement over Trump in every category that matters.

Preventing Trump from getting another Supreme Court appointment alone makes be excited to vote for Joe Biden.

Being part of a progressive coalition for change means that even if you don't get your way within the coalition, you don't throw up your hands and turn your back on your allies. Joe Biden voters are my allies, and Joe Biden while far from perfect, can be an agent of positive change.

In 4 or 8 years, I will try by best to have someone more progressive and less problematic become President.

But for now, Trump must go, so in turn, Biden must win.

My guy....you prefaced your entrance into the thread with...

I don’t *do* politics but I’ve been trying to force myself to pay attention as of late. Can someone explain to me why we should be going with Biden and how he’s a better candidate than Trump?

Then hours later after....

I liked Bernie. Would’ve settled for Beto or Yang.

How are you going to one, say you don't *do* politics and two, ask for reasons why Biden is better than Trump when you already had preferred candidates earlier in the year? Clearly you know you know enough to have "liked Bernie" or "settle for Beto or Yang". Why would you require additional information about candidates (Biden OR Trump) now :lol:

Nope. Not even close.

Warren, Booker, Castro, Beto, and Bernie probably in that order.

When voting started in my state, I ranked Warren first on my ballot, and Bernie second (everyone else dropped out). Warren was not viable in my caucus room, so Bernie got my vote.

I was perfectly happy with Bernie as the candidate, and when it looked like Biden was going to win I donated money to Bernie, called everyone I could to get them to vote for Bernie. I even bought my cousins a pair of sneakers to buy off his vote.

I didn't want Biden to win the nomination. But he did, and I have accepted that.

Biden is the candidate now, so I want him to win more than anything. He is a massive improvement over Trump in every category that matters.

Preventing Trump from getting another Supreme Court appointment alone makes be excited to vote for Joe Biden.

Being part of a progressive coalition for change means that even if you don't get your way within the coalition, you don't throw up your hands and turn your back on your allies. Joe Biden voters are my allies, and Joe Biden while far from perfect, can be an agent of positive change.

In 4 or 8 years, I will try by best to have someone more progressive and less problematic become President.

But for now, Trump must go, so in turn, Biden must win.

I think you and I were like two of the biggest Warren heads in this thread and while I can “accept” Biden...... I am disheartened at how such a great candidate like Warren never got the due she deserved. This country just hates smart people unless they are super charismatic to compensate.

I think you and I were like two of the biggest Warren heads in this thread and while I can “accept” Biden...... I am disheartened at how such a great candidate like Warren never got the due she deserved. This country just hates smart people unless they are super charismatic to compensate.

will always say both warren and Biden should have been in it last lap

hillary is probably the most qualified candidate ever, but she just didn’t have it.. not a natural politician.. I’m fully aware she got screwed over but still

but they had time to move warren into that select group for irrational hate/fear for those GOP folks where they just use their names with zero substance

Back
Top Bottom