***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Aug 22, 2012
Honestly, its tough because of the industry I am in and where I live (the south) but it's gotten to the point to where I look at you differently if you vote for this guy...I have heard rational republicans (in other words non-evangelicals) try so many mental gymnastics in explaining to me their rational.....

Joined Mar 10, 2013
Honestly, its tough because of the industry I am in and where I live (the south) but it's gotten to the point to where I look at you differently if you vote for this guy...I have heard rational republicans (in other words non-evangelicals) try so many mental gymnastics in explaining to me their rational.....
We've been WAY past this point for a long time.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
I always find these boat parades hilarious. The average person can’t afford a boat yet alone maintain it. How is this helping bringing in an average person?
friend(s) with a boat(s) >

people got zero clue how much dockage fees, maintenance and all that other shhh costs and how much that shh adds up QUICK

funny enough a huge life lesson I learned was when I got back from school and was really starting out working.. my mom was getting a new Benz so she told me I could have her old one but it would be mine.. the maintenance costs on a yearly basis for that shhh was KILLING me

Joined Jun 23, 2007
In terms of these reasonable Republicans, how are these not red flags to them:
- Nearly half a billion dollar debt
- Not guaranteeing a peaceful transition of power
- The facts of the Mueller Report that conclude the 2016 election was interfered with by Russian agents that favored a Trump victory
- His associations with members of the Kremlin
- His egregious mishandling of Covid-19
- His failure to disclose his knowledge of the dangers of Covid-19
- His violation of the Emoluments Clause
- His violation of the Hatch Act
- His nepotism to appoint family members to positions in his administration including making giving his son in law access to classified information despite not having any sort of security clearance to such information
- His funneling of taxpayer dollars into his failing properties
- His deeper commitment to watching TV than actually performing presidential duties
- His crashing of the farming economy
- His vow to dismantle the ACA despite millions of them needing it
- His constant spread of conspiracy theories without any shred of evidence to them being true
- Countless other glaring issues...

Joined Dec 15, 2012
In terms of these reasonable Republicans, how are these not red flags to them:
- Nearly half a billion dollar debt
- Not guaranteeing a peaceful transition of power
- The facts of the Mueller Report that conclude the 2016 election was interfered with by Russian agents that favored a Trump victory
- His associations with members of the Kremlin
- His egregious mishandling of Covid-19
- His failure to disclose his knowledge of the dangers of Covid-19
- His violation of the Emoluments Clause
- His violation of the Hatch Act
- His nepotism to appoint family members to positions in his administration including making giving his son in law access to classified information despite not having any sort of security clearance to such information
- His funneling of taxpayer dollars into his failing properties
- His deeper commitment to watching TV than actually performing presidential duties
- His crashing of the farming economy
- His vow to dismantle the ACA despite millions of them needing it
- His constant spread of conspiracy theories without any shred of evidence to them being true
- Countless other glaring issues...
Yeah but the crime bill. Did you ever stop to think about that?

Joined Mar 30, 2007
If George W. Bush wasn't the worst guy ever, he'd be the best guy ever.

But he was also ****, so **** him too.
jeb’s youngest son was just above me in boarding school so we got cool-ish.. got to go to the governor‘s mansion in Tallahassee and the whole 9.. didn’t meet W but I did meet H. W. and W’s daughters.. everyone was nice and cool, just had to remind myself of the other shhh

like yea they’re nice and cool with me cause my family can afford shhh and in round about ways theyve heard of my parents because they asked when their son came down to party during spring break.. but then again they would pull scumbag shh if I was just the average black non American

Joined Dec 15, 2012
I’d argue the fact that trump trying to take away health insurance and rights for those with pre-existing conditions during the middle of a pandemic has a much, much larger negative effect than the crime bill. But hey, 20% of the prison population was convicted on federal crimes and the first step act reduced the sentence of .002% of all prisoners last year because the vast majority of all those incarcerated are at a state and county level so problem solved right?

Mass incarceration exists no more because of the trump administration and the 5,000 people who have had their federal sentences reduced!!!!!!!!

2D63EA27-BA98-4E3F-898B-16E30F90C7F3.jpeg

Joined Jun 23, 2007
I’d argue the fact that trump trying to take away health insurance and rights for those with pre-existing conditions during the middle of a pandemic has a much, much larger negative effect than the crime bill. But hey, 20% of the prison population was convicted on federal crimes and the first step act reduced the sentence of .002% of all prisoners last year because the vast majority of all those incarcerated are at a state and county level so problem solved right?

Mass incarceration exists no more because of the trump administration and the 5,000 people who have had their federal sentences reduced!!!!!!!!

2D63EA27-BA98-4E3F-898B-16E30F90C7F3.jpeg
Damn right

|l

Joined Dec 15, 2012
Damn right

|l
It’s also helpful when you ignore that state and county prisoners make up the vast majority of the prison population and the states with the most prisoners per 100,000 are the following:

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Nevada
New mexico
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming
South Dakota

it’s weird, it’s like mostly all of these states with high incarceration rates have something vastly unique in common

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now