- Joined Mar 27, 2004
I would like to meet one of these "reasonable" Republicans that still plan to support this ****. Trump empowers white supremacists and helps the rich get richer.In terms of these reasonable Republicans, how are these not red flags to them:
- Nearly half a billion dollar debt
- Not guaranteeing a peaceful transition of power
- The facts of the Mueller Report that conclude the 2016 election was interfered with by Russian agents that favored a Trump victory
- His associations with members of the Kremlin
- His egregious mishandling of Covid-19
- His failure to disclose his knowledge of the dangers of Covid-19
- His violation of the Emoluments Clause
- His violation of the Hatch Act
- His nepotism to appoint family members to positions in his administration including making giving his son in law access to classified information despite not having any sort of security clearance to such information
- His funneling of taxpayer dollars into his failing properties
- His deeper commitment to watching TV than actually performing presidential duties
- His crashing of the farming economy
- His vow to dismantle the ACA despite millions of them needing it
- His constant spread of conspiracy theories without any shred of evidence to them being true
- Countless other glaring issues...
My most common themes I have heard:We've been WAY past this point for a long time.
I've definitely come across some immigrants that are pissed because they did things the "right way".My most common themes I have heard:
Tough on China
It's nonsensical honestly. This is mostly from children of immigrants too lol. And when I mention that Trump reached a deal with China (aka he was a soft lil *****) I get the response: "Oh he did that to please the midwestern farmers and will be tough again as soon as he is elected.
Taxes I get, but at some point when does a person look at a broader view past themselves and their own interests.
It's a losing battle. I miss the old days of dog whistles and smaller government. Simpler times from that side of the isle.
My Trump supporting cousin overstayed a holiday visa when he came to the country to attend HS. The his pops hired an expensive *** immigration lawyer to get him a student visa on a technicality to attend college, and then he got a green card because his girl married him.I've definitely come across some immigrants that are pissed because they did things the "right way".
The tough on China **** is laughable.
You have no idea how many Polish immigrants are the same. When I hear them talk it baffles me. I tell some of them, you obviously have a short term memory of your situation just 10-15 years ago.BUT then when ICE finally made its way into NYC and some of their friends got deported they woke up.My Trump supporting cousin overstayed a holiday visa when he came to the country to attend HS. The his pops hired an expensive *** immigration lawyer to get him a student visa on a technicality to attend college, and then he got a green card because his girl married him.
Yet he still talks about how he did it the right way
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now