***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Aug 2, 2006

I'm tired of the "Trump's outreach to Black voters" nonsense from conservatives who are constantly trying to delude themselves of their party's bigotry and racism. No more than a day ago, their whole argument in Michigan (and elsewhere) was to throw out votes due to "irregularities" in predominantly Black counties. WS is a hell of a drug, man.
Yah but they don't need a massive break from black voters to really hurt democrats down ballot.

a little bit on the margins and it's problem.

it's clear to me republicans have much more upside with black voters, but the need to capitulate to racist base probably hard caps them a bit.

Joined Aug 2, 2006
Doug Ford is the closest thing to Trump in Canada

his home district is pretty diverse with a big Somali and Sikh population and they are a big part of his base.

populist conservatism can def appeal to black and brown people.

and I'd be worried that one day an American conservative will properly thread this needle.

fargin

Supporter
Joined Jul 22, 2015
Is see legit crazy or a troll? I’m asking deadass b/c idk her background and ever since I’ve seen her pop up she always something outrageously wrong w/ a straight dead serious face.
She's a true believer. Not in Trump, but in the ability to looking the part, that personal qualifications doesn't matter as much as her outfit.

Trump loves these people, it's the same way he picks furniture. As long as it's got a layer of gold paint, who cares about the build quality. He's not hiring people, he's casting them.

Joined Jul 20, 2012
Yah but they don't need a massive break from black voters to really hurt democrats down ballot.

a little bit on the margins and it's problem.

it's clear to me republicans have much more upside with black voters, but the need to capitulate to racist base probably hard caps them a bit.
I see what you're saying in the first part of your quote, but the latter doesn't make sense to me. The GOP don't have any upside at all with Black voters. But honestly, the reasons haven't changed much since the 70s, word to this article from Leah Wright Rigeur:

They don't have any semblance of an outreach message or serious plan to enrich the lives of Black folk whatsoever. The Platinum Plan was their only "attempt" and it was clearly a last ditch effort to pull low info people in. Those, along with the temporarily embarrassed millionaires of the Black community, who somehow think that doubling down on false promises of capitalism (through table scraps from the GOP's "plan") was a decent trade-off for the head of the party winking and nodding to white nationalists made up some of that exit poll swing.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now