***Official Political Discussion Thread***

this is truly remarkable to watch. it's like the gene that allows the normal person to stay intellectually honest is completely absent. my god, this mutation usually causes death in the womb. not sure we've seen an actual live birth, much less growth into adulthood. is this the future, or just a last dying breath of a trait that had gone extinct?

Last edited:
Not it did not, there were Ta Party protest all over the national during 2009. There were plenty in DC that year too, I would know, I lived in the area.

This info is readily available online too.

Just let it go. You're wrong, it's ok.

you're not understanding my point...

from da same wiki link ya using..

New York Times journalist Kate Zernike reported that leaders within the Tea Party credit Seattle blogger and conservative activist Keli Carender with organizing the first Tea Party in February 2009, although the term "Tea Party" was not used.[96

then...

Aside from rallies, some groups affiliated with the Tea Party movement began to focus on getting out the vote and ground game efforts on behalf of candidates supportive of their agenda starting in the 2010 elections

so going back to da context of what Rex was talking bout, organized Tea Party Political opposition, involving ground games, money donations, and candidate endorsements started in 2010.

Not it did not, there were Ta Party protest all over the national during 2009. There were plenty in DC that year too, I would know, I lived in the area.

This info is readily available online too.

Just let it go. You're wrong, it's ok.

you're not understanding my point...

from da same wiki link ya using..

New York Times journalist Kate Zernike reported that leaders within the Tea Party credit Seattle blogger and conservative activist Keli Carender with organizing the first Tea Party in February 2009, although the term "Tea Party" was not used.[96

then...

Aside from rallies, some groups affiliated with the Tea Party movement began to focus on getting out the vote and ground game efforts on behalf of candidates supportive of their agenda starting in the 2010 elections

so going back to da context of what Rex was talking bout, organized Tea Party Political opposition, involving ground games, money donations, and candidate endorsements started in 2010.

In that same wiki article it speaks about 2009 protest.

Stop being intellectually dishonest.

Last edited:
spontaneous protests ≠ organized political apparatus that can elect candidates...

I'm not being intellectually dishonest, you're counting da germination period of these groups as a "force" that was able to stymie Obama when that wasn't da case till 2010.

OMG can you just ONCE say you were wrong. It won't kill you I promise.

ISIS was germinating well before Obama got in office you have blamed him in the past for creating it have you not?

Last edited:
You are wrong, you've moved the goal post all over the place only to make yourself look even more wrong.

That is the only thing you have added to this thread in the last page.

-And 2009 or 2010 is inconsequential to Rex's point. The Tea Party is built to white supremacy and white nationalism, and they struck their biggest blow against Obama in 2010. With the special election, and then the midterms. But reading Rex's point in context, the timing of it doesn't matter. He was making a general statement of what they did and what they represent.

Last edited:
major factor. Parking your horse in the driveway is a *****

Explain to me why black people in the 60s didn't simply "move to the suburbs" like the white people at the same time.

Surely, they had equal access to money/cars and housing back then right?

:nerd:

@WavyCrocket
"Equal access to money/cars and housing" ??? I believe that was the goal of the Soviet Union.
That only happens in the game of monopoly at the beginning. But at the end of the game?... not so much.
Look up the Pareto distribution of wealth - a natural phenomena that occurs throughout history regardless of gov't structure, religion, race etc.

But back to my point: to state that "suburbanization happened because racism" is inaccurate because it over-exaggerates this factor while ignoring all the others.

umm certain things like cars, refrigerators, and televisions are pretty much universally accessible, along with cell phones and, thanks to a modern-day hero, access to health care. in fact, 95% of US households own a car. that doesn't mean there's an equal distribution of wealth. far from it. you don't need to be wealthy to own all those things. actually living outside the city is cheaper for a handful of reasons, most obvious being that taxes are typically lower.

Last edited:
im not moving anything, im speaking on da context when tea party opposition actually stymied Obama...that was 2010..if u wanna count da germination period then we'll agree to disagree, cuz that arguably was da carcass of Ron Paul's followers spawning years before...

ISIS was germinating well before Obama got in office

it's called Al queda.

relevant to the Rex/Rusty discussion earlier:

The Most Successful Democrat Since F.D.R.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/opinion/the-most-successful-democrat-since-fdr.html

Obama leaves office as the most successful Democrat since Franklin Roosevelt. His effect on the “trajectory of America,” to use his benchmark, was certainly smaller than Roosevelt’s, but is in the same league as Reagan’s. Obama did more while in office, while Reagan better protected his policy changes, thanks to Republican gains in state and congressional elections — and the victory of his chosen successor.

only time will tell for sure but i do think this assessment is largely correct. Trump will cause changes that will take a few years to undo but Obama has ushered in changes that will not just be maintained but also strengthened in the future.

edit: ninja, just go back and read the original post by Rex. the point you're trying to make, even if it was correct, is insignificant and immaterial to Rex's post.

Last edited:
Obama CIA let ISIS slide, funded & armed "rebels" to gain some leverage on Assad. But the plan failed b/c Russia stepped in. Hence, the new wave of Russophobia and anti-Russian propaganda by the MSM. WaPost has a $600 mill contract with the CIA is just one example.

Goebbels ain't **** compared to the US MSM that's being linked to generously in this thread. :nerd:

I'm very happy Obama commuted Manning, however. Finally.

Is that the same Goebbels that Putin described as "a talented man"? :rolleyes

Anyway...

Reporters Without Borders rated Russia 148th out of 180 countries on their 2016 Press Freedom Index

Freedom House rated them 83 on a 0-100 scale with 100 being the worst score

IREX gave them a 1.51 out of 4 in their Media Sustainability Index

I realize it's a fruitless task to share this with someone who uses 4chan as a primary news source, but maybe some other users will find it interesting

Last edited:
major factor. Parking your horse in the driveway is a *****

Explain to me why black people in the 60s didn't simply "move to the suburbs" like the white people at the same time.

Surely, they had equal access to money/cars and housing back then right?

:nerd:

@WavyCrocket
"Equal access to money/cars and housing" ??? I believe that was the goal of the Soviet Union.
That only happens in the game of monopoly at the beginning. But at the end of the game?... not so much.
Look up the Pareto distribution of wealth - a natural phenomena that occurs throughout history regardless of gov't structure, religion, race etc.

But back to my point: to state that "suburbanization happened because racism" is inaccurate because it over-exaggerates this factor while ignoring all the others

Suburbanization may have happened because of the car, but black people couldn't settle anywhere they wanted like white folks could due to FEDERAL AND STATE POLICIES.

Blockbusting was a practice that real estate agents engaged in regularly at the time.

Racist attitudes built into social and economic activities contributed to the stagnation/loss of black wealth while white households benefited from it.

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge the unsavory parts of your history?

The suburbs are not a natural formation and the racial distribution of wealth and income is not the result of an unencumbered market rendering its judgement.

The distribution of people and the distribution of wealth are almost entirely the result of government action. Seriously, how are you going to invoke the specter of the USSR and then hold up US housing policy as some model of laissez-faire success?

The more sophisticated conservative/libertarian would say something along the lines of "see, this is what happens when government gets so involved with housing policy."

C2dLDgmXgAAgUNW.jpg

Even the highways that transport rich suburbabies to their city jobs carry the legacy of racial discrimination.

Tons of flourishing black neighborhoods were set back because they were targetes to have highways built right throw them.

Even when America does something as smart as upgrade the infrastructure, that can be used as a weapon against minority communities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom