***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Eric Holder running for president in 2020 is marginally better than Hillary Clinton running again, but only if he makes an appearance on the Ellen show and does the dab to show young people, that he is one of them and truly understands them.

Obama did the same thing though...

giphy.webp

And as a bonus, Eric Holder would be a welcomed addition to keep "identity politics" centrist and leftist in check. Since I would assume that he would run on civil rights issues

Last edited:
There will be over a dozen candidates running for the Dem nomination in 2020.

If Holder can build a coalition that can take down Bernie, Harris, Warren, Booker, and all the other folk, then he deserves it. I doubt he will be able to pull that off.

The Democratic Establishment had little effect on the final outcome in 2016, with such a wide open field and voter energy they will have even less in 2020.

Every left-leaning voter should just wait until the primary is in full swing, pick their preferred choice, support them as much as they can, and be ready and willing to vote for whomever the primary voters choose for the general.

Hopefully Susan, Jenk, Ana and any other Young Turk supporters follow this directive. Young Turks are clowns. These fools still talking about how Democrats are weak while convincing their viewers that Democrats are bought and paid for so you shouldn't vote. When you don't vote you hurt your party Clowns.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford how was my lib conjecture and innuendo? I've been practicing to lure Libs in to hit them with the left hook. AMAZING.

Where have I heard this before... A certain country next to Belgium comes to mind.
The press is very unpatriotic for reporting on what the government is doing and they are the enemy of the people. And those who don't give Trump applause are un-American and perhaps even treasonous.

"They were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, 'treasonous.' I mean, Yeah, I guess why not? Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean they certainly didn't seem to love our country that much." - Trump
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-very-unpatriotic-for-reporting-on-government
Trump blasts media, calls journalists 'very unpatriotic' for reporting on government affairs
President Trump on Sunday unleashed a tirade against the media in which he called reporters "unpatriotic" for reporting on the inner workings of the government.
In a series of tweets, the president singled out The New York Times and The Washington Post for writing "bad stories" about his administration, which he amounted to "[selling] out" the country.
"90% of media coverage of my Administration is negative, despite the tremendously positive results we are achieving, it’s no surprise that confidence in the media is at an all time low!" Trump tweeted.

"I will not allow our great country to be sold out by anti-Trump haters in the dying newspaper industry," he added. "No matter how much they try to distract and cover it up, our country is making great progress under my leadership and I will never stop fighting for the American people!"

Trump, who has had a testy relationship with the media since declaring his candidacy, often seeks to discredit coverage he dislikes as "fake news."

He has at times suggested pulling credentials from reporters, encouraged rally crowds to jeer media and escalated his attacks by labeling journalists the "enemy of the people."

The White House last week banned CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins from covering an event open to the press after she repeatedly asked questions about Trump's relationship with his former attorney, Michael Cohen, during a meeting with the leader of the European Commission. Media organizations widely condemned the move.

Despite all that, the White House has on multiple occasions asserted it is committed to a "free press."

The president's latest Twitter attacks on the media come hours after he revealed he met with A.G. Sulzberger, the publisher of The New York Times. Trump claimed the two discussed Trump's belief that the media has become the "enemy of the people."

The meeting took place on July 20 and had been off the record, The New York Times said in a statement. However, once Trump acknowledged the meeting took place, Sulzberger issued a statement saying he had warned Trump about the danger of his rhetoric toward reporters.

"I warned that this inflammatory language is contributing to a rise in threats against journalists and will lead to violence," Sulzberger said.

"I warned that it was putting lives at risk, that it was undermining the democratic ideals of our nation, and that it was eroding one of our country’s greatest exports: a commitment to free speech and a free press," he added.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford how was my lib conjecture and innuendo? I've been practicing to lure Libs in to hit them with the left hook. AMAZING.
You had me fooled! I was about to call an emergency meeting of the Coal Gang to have you censured and replaced.

But then I saw the rest and it reminded why the libbies will never win. Our 527D duck duck goose is too much for them.

Thought Jake was better than this but I guess I need to pay closer attention

That is Jake Tapper's shtick.

That is how he seems fair and "balanced"

He calls out all the disgusting things the GOP does, then he calls out something petty for Democrats.

His defense of this tweet is that sure Obama is entitled to his life but hey, he was in office when the Dems lost all those seats to kinda imply it is on him for the current states of affairs. **** the voter suppression, **** Citizen's United, **** the white nationalist Tea Party, **** gerrymandering, **** context. It is all on Obama, so why isn't he doing more.

Tapper has to protect his filmsy moderation shtick.

He is the Comey of the media world.

And as a bonus, Eric Holder would be a welcomed addition to keep "identity politics" centrist and leftist in check. Since I would assume that he would run on civil rights issues

that would make an already horrible idea even more horrible.

1. People hate insiders, Obama's attorney general = automatic insider.

2. running on civil rights issues = automatic loser. gotta win some racist swing voters in the mid west. running on civil rights is a great way to activate their white idettinies and have them vote tump.

3. Holder is not charismatic enough.

2. running on civil rights issues = automatic loser. gotta win some racist swing voters in the mid west. running on civil rights is a great way to activate their white idettinies and have them vote tump.

I agree with #3. Holder isnt charismatic enough to get a large number of White voters to vote for him. Cory Booker would have a better chance.

I really don't understand your issue with him running. Who cares if he is on paper a poor candidate.

Like I said the field will be huge, he needs a way to differentiate himself, to form some kinda of a coalition. So him being the former Attorney General running on Civil Rights seems like the likely play.

Racist swing voters in the mid-west were not gonna latch onto him anyway. This likely foothold is with southern black voters. In 2020, no major candidate will have the luxury of hiding from anything. Economics and Social Issues are all gonna be on the table. No one can win the primary just on social issues, no one can win the primary just on economics.

I don't expect him to win but if he loses, he loses. Losing a primary of the opposing party is no big deal. His life won't be affected in any serious way, neither will the party.

So if he runs, so ****ing what. And if he presses some important issues, that might have some positives.

Last edited:
There will be over a dozen candidates running for the Dem nomination in 2020.

If Holder can build a coalition that can take down Bernie, Harris, Warren, Booker, and all the other folk, then he deserves it. I doubt he will be able to pull that off.

The Democratic Establishment had little effect on the final outcome in 2016, with such a wide open field and voter energy they will have even less in 2020.

Every left-leaning voter should just wait until the primary is in full swing, pick their preferred choice, support them as much as they can, and be ready and willing to vote for whomever the primary voters choose for the general.
Whose DC office do you work in rusty?

Back
Top Bottom