***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Republican candidate’s children warn people not to vote for him: ‘He must be stopped’

“He’s made multiple comments that are racist and homophobic and how he doesn’t like the Jews,” she told the Kansas City Star this week.

“I can’t imagine him being in any level of government."

Her brother, Andy West, told the newspaper his father is a “fanatic” that “must be stopped”.

“His ideology is pure hatred. It’s totally insane … If he gets elected, it would legitimise him. Then he would become a state official, and he’s saying that Jews shouldn’t even have civil rights,” he said.

Antisemitic and homophobic comments by Steve West, who goes by the name “Jack Justice” on his YouTube channel, have come to light since he comfortably won his Republican primary in August.

“Looking back in history, unfortunately, Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany,” he said on a radio show in 2017.

In attacks on the LGBT+ community, the 64-year-old has said homosexuality and paedophilia are “absolutely linked” and described women’s athletics as a “breeding ground for lesbianism”.

Just this week, Steve West told NBC News, without providing evidence: “The homosexual world, they are by much greater per cent predators – especially when it comes to boys.”

The Missouri Republican Party, which does not endorse him, has previously branded his comments “shocking and vile” and said his rhetoric has “absolutely no place in the party”.

Despite the party’s condemnation, Steve West still has the opportunity to become the Republican state representative of the state’s 15th district on Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-candidate-children-warn-people-173452174.html

It amazes me how white people can vote for some of these republicans but in the same vein tell you that they are not racist. Like bruh, if you vote for a racist, you are indeed a racist. No way around that. Also, if you're a minority voting for them, you're ignorant and deserve the criticism and backlash that you are receiving as well. Although financially, I am considered upper middle class, as a black man, I can never vote for someone whose policies will cause harm to the black community. Republicans have shown me nothing but bigotry and hatred for anyone who isn't white regardless of how much money they have.

9A718CEA-2A9B-44E9-B2A2-5EF3AAFD0CE3.gif

It amazes me how white people can vote for some of these republicans but in the same vein tell you that they are not racist. Like bruh, if you vote for a racist, you are indeed a racist. No way around that. Also, if you're a minority voting for them, you're ignorant and deserve the criticism and backlash that you are receiving as well. Although financially, I am considered upper middle class, as a black man, I can never vote for someone whose policies will cause harm to the black community. Republicans have shown me nothing but bigotry and hatred for anyone who isn't white regardless of how much money they have.
This is kinda what I was saying when I disagreed with @northoaklandfc about point #3. The deplorables have indoctrinated the white supremacist/white nationalist agenda into their party.

The deplorable in chief & his regime are running the same game facist pigs like hitler & mussolini ran right down to the way his rallies & speeches are structured. The damn fool even wants to spend close to a $100 mill to have his own military parade just like a facist dictator...

White dude named robert trying to win the hispanic vote by calling himself beto and a hispanic dude with the last name cruz trying his hardest to distance himself from his hispanic side. You can't make this ish up
Hispanic isnt a race. There are millions of white Hispanics.

Don't play coy. You support Trump and all his lackeys. One of them(Roy Moore) happens to be a known pedophile. Hence your support of pedophiles.

I’m not a Roy Moore supporter. That said, to my knowledge, he was accused of being a pedophile. I do not think he was ever convicted of those acts. So he is presumed innocent unless or until he is proven guilty.

On Tuesday, we’ll be running a massive (not to mention extraordinarily high stakes) political science experiment.

Beto O’Rourke, Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams, with a combination of a measured but clear leftward shift on economic/healthcare issues and a very strong anti-racism message in an effort to expand the electorate, will try to turn Republican leaning States into Democratic meaning States.

If they succeed, they will be able to make a case in 2020 to campaign on a platform that may not be as left as Bernie Sanders but is certainly to left of Varack Obama in 2008. It is fascinating to see because those three have similarities to 2008 Obama but because of different dynamics in their electorates, are not shying away from either black and brown empowerment nor redistribution of wealth.

I can see Gillum winning. I don’t think Stacy Abrams or O’Rourke will.

Pretty interesting article on young “evangelicals” and how the politcal values of older christian conservatives keep shoving down the throats of the congregations isn’t sitting well with their ideas of who Jesus was and what He asked his followers to do.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/us/young-evangelicals-politics-midterms.html

As someone who identifies as christian but doesn’t identify as an evangelical I can definitely relate to a lot of what some of these people are saying and feeling. It’s funny how evangelicals think separation of church and state is a one way street.

Back
Top Bottom