***Official Political Discussion Thread***

whats going on EXACTLY in hk???
like what was the cause
and whats going on
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
In 1997 Britain handed over HK back to China

Part of the handover was an agreement to keep 1 country 2 systems in place for 50 years (2047)

The Chief officer of HK (Carrie Lam) is a puppet for Beijing.

They tried to pass an extradition law which would allow bejing to come collect people they feel are breaking the law (promoting democracy)

The people of HK felt this infringes upon the 1 country 2 systems agreement

Mass protest

Police brutality

Police coordinated with gangsters (triads) to beat up protesters

Protesters want
1. Carrie Lam to step down
2.Independent investigation into the yuen long triad beatings
3. accountability for police brutality
4. Universal suffrage (democracy/independence)
5. Complete withdrawal of the extradition bill

So with all this going on it is suspected that the police force is being supplemented with chinese police and military

Hong kong police is going undercover and blending in with protesters

Protesters think police plants are inciting violence in order to call in riot police

At the airport mixed within the protesters they found an undercover chinese police with weapons in his bag (2 wood batons)

Someone who was taking pictures of faces at the airport was questioned

He was wearing a press vest but said he was a tourist. They searched his bag and found he was carrying a i love hk police shirt chinese id card and it was found put he worked for global times a chinese state sponsored propaganda paper

China is deploying military on the hk border

Youtube and Reddit are on fire with propaganda and misinformation

Last edited:
I’m lowkey worried I’m already being spied on

Internet doesn’t feel safe anymore

Kinda stressed out

yikes at the trump campaign putting that on their official website.
so lets say that word is offensive and a slur to Italians. why on earth would they put that on a shirt and sell it for the president. serious question.
I've never heard it used like that but regardless of that, i'm not Italian and i'm not qualified to talk about what offends them but if a person is telling you something is offensive to their race/ethnicity/etc. why not take them at their word for it????

smh.
The type to go to the shopping section on his page is copping 4 shirts.

I think China got agents scraping the Internet.

Posting propaganda and misinformation

I’ve been posting on Reddit in the hongkong subreddit

Reddit got a 300m investment from a chinese company (tencent) couple of months ago

Place I’m living currently has a huge mainland China population

Wouldn’t be surprised if some are spies/operatives

I realize i sound paranoid af

:lol:

You think China is spying on people like you and me? I mean they probably are on the big fish and government but us small folks ain’t got nothing to worry about.

You think China is spying on people like you and me? I mean they probably are on the big fish and government but us small folks ain’t got nothing to worry about.
Anyone saying anything anti China or pro democracy.

They don’t need people to redflag people, just bots and ai

Dare you to say something slick about China on your Twitter and fly to Beijing

Dare you to say something slick about China on your Twitter and fly to Beijing
that's what scares me. not just China but many other countries can try to track your social media stuff. if they find they have a dissident or someone with a public voice now in their country, who knows what they will do.

khashoggi is an extreme example since he was a journalist but there's no reason why they wouldn't target someone with a large Twitter following, for example.

we can't live in fear but we should be aware of what's happening.

Word. It's not like the US that collects text messages, records phone calls and tracks cell locations indiscriminately :nerd:

Not that I think the govt here does anything with that data, but, you know, conspiracy theories and all that.

that's what scares me. not just China but many other countries can try to track your social media stuff. if they find they have a dissident or someone with a public voice now in their country, who knows what they will do.

khashoggi is an extreme example since he was a journalist but there's no reason why they wouldn't target someone with a large Twitter following, for example.

we can't live in fear but we should be aware of what's happening.
By the same logic they shouldn’t be worried about youtube comments. But that **** is crawling with misinformation and propaganda

They’re weaponizing media/misinformation/propaganda

You don’t even need to be a public online figure. They can cross reference all your ****.

The United States got cambridge analytica, you don’t think China got some state sponsored **** they’re weaponizing?

Word. It's not like the US that collects text messages, records phone calls and tracks cell locations indiscriminately :nerd:

Not that I think the govt here does anything with that data, but, you know, conspiracy theories and all that.
Bruh you know how many times chinese companies have stolen intellectual property

You don’t think us never been under cyberattack by China? Russia?

just read Twitter replies these days. half of them are disinformation.

NT has been infiltrated by lib-bots as well. you just have to fight against it every day.

Every darn day famb. Imagine the cesspool this place would be if Coal Gang wasn't doing our work. Imagine having to read page after page of Lib conjecture. We are winning. Rusty is changing his tune, Rex is coming back and we are voting JROSE5 as our Administrator. #COALGANG

Back
Top Bottom