***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm guessing Africa isn't aware of The Bigot's™ racism towards dark-skinned people.
Most of Africa agrees with Republicans on three things:
- hard work only pays off (survivors bias)
- kill the gays
- don't kill the fetuses

So you get a lot of "I'm not a fan of Trump but I agree with [insert policy]" especially from older immigrants, who grew up in the Africa of the 80s and 90s on a steady diet of IMF/World Bank sponsored neoliberal economic policies, authoritarian regimes, and woke churches ("Jesus saves and heals") or koranic schools. And when you hit them with this:

you get the "Trump did not say this, his official did" response, or the "just because he is hiring racists doesn't mean he is one" response.

:lol:

You think China is spying on people like you and me? I mean they probably are on the big fish and government but us small folks ain’t got nothing to worry about.
depends on what ppl are posting. you'd be surprised.
I think several of us in this thread, if we post the way we do elsewhere, might have "observers" tbh.
its why I try to bite my tongue and not go "too far."

off topic but I used to be an active graffiti writer. the min I went home (flew home) and posted pics I had mad cops try to follow my IG and a person known to set ppl up tried to hit me up to meet up.
that's just graffiti.
imagine saying something that inspires. tentacles have a long reach. lots of ppl from other lands are embedded...
even when you look around off line. ijs.

Last edited:

AE067544-ADC6-4532-BE1F-505090F9A37B.gif

Got just about ALL angles covered with a Donny Jr., Portnoy, and AOC grudge-fight about to happen :lol: :smh:

But seriously, Dave Portnoy is trash.

Save for Spittin' Chiclets, I hate barstool.

The WaPo reporters are probably right that Bezos doesn't control day to day operations nor does he weigh in on election coverage. WaPo reporters are already millionaires or at least members of the PMC so they crap on Bernie and working people all on their own volition.

Now, you better believe that coverage of Amazon is influenced by Bezos' inetrests and Bezos bought the WaPo to shape the narrative about Amazon, in particular and regulation and antitrust as it relates to big tech, in general.

Watching a bunch of rich, millionaire liberals cape for their billionaire industrialist Boss, who own the second most important newspaper reminds me of Adam H. Johnson's simple but penetrating insight, why is it that Russian billionaires are "Oligarchs" but not American billionaires?

The WaPo reporters are probably right that Bezos doesn't control day to day operations nor does he weigh in on election coverage. WaPo reporters are already millionaires or at least members of the PMC so they crap on Bernie and working people all on their own volition.

Now, you better believe that coverage of Amazon is influenced by Bezos' inetrests and Bezos bought the WaPo to shape the narrative about Amazon, in particular and regulation and antitrust as it relates to big tech, in general.

Watching a bunch of rich, millionaire liberals cape for their billionaire industrialist Boss, who own the second most important newspaper reminds me of Adam H. Johnson's simple but penetrating insight, why is it that Russian billionaires are "Oligarchs" but not American billionaires?
Serious question.

Is there are criticism of Bernie Sanders do you take seriously?

Serious question.

Is there are criticism of Bernie Sanders do you take seriously?

I’m open to and agree with criticism that comes from activists, academics and organizers. I wish Bernie would do a better job of incorporating observations of how capitalism is tightly connected with white supremacy, patriarchy and imperialism.

What I am weary of are critiques from the bourgeois press because they are in bad faith. I am especially weary of wealthy liberals at the WaPo telling us to trust them that they are even handed when it is an outfit owned by a billionaire and run by millionaires.

I’m open to and agree with criticism that comes from activists, academics and organizers. I wish Bernie would do a better job of incorporating observations of how capitalism is tightly connected with white supremacy, patriarchy and imperialism.

What I am weary of are critiques from the bourgeois press because they are in bad faith. I am especially weary of wealthy liberals at the WaPo telling us to trust them that they are even handed when it is an outfit owned by a billionaire and run by millionaires.
While there might be some validity to your argument, not every WaPo writer is a millionaire trying to defend Bezos. If a junior writer Wonkblog points out the Stop Bezos Act was poorly written, I don't think they should be dismissed on your criteria.

Also to explore where the line is:
So say if say someone like Krugman, or Ezra Klein points out the flaws in Sanders economic plans, they should be dissed because they are rich liberals. Even though they make a sound argument? Or if rich liberals like Adam Sewer and Coates call him out for his absolving voters motivated by racism, do you assume those are being mad in bad faith too?

Because seems you, like many Sanders supporters, shoot the messenger once it is coming from a particular source, and only accept narrow criticism from messengers you find acceptable.

Last edited:

What?

Back
Top Bottom