***Official Political Discussion Thread***

How many of you claiming knowledge of Bolivia’s situation have:
A) visited any South American country in the last 10 years
B) visited Bolivia in your lifetime
C) have family or friends living through the current situation in Bolivia

Because what I see is a lot of arm chair experts acting like their information from the internet is somehow superior to what’s actually happening on the ground.

I have a family member that was persecuted and had to go into hiding so Evo’s goons wouldn’t put them in jail for speaking truth about him in the media. I watched the Bolivian rainforest burn just a few months ago while Evo is on TV at the UN saying all the fires are out. I’ve witnessed the astonishing level of poverty throughout the country and have family members who have watched it decline rapidly over the last 15 years,contrary to what is reported in the media. I’ve seen Evo artificially prop up price of gas and their currency to prevent the inevitable: economic catastrophic similar to Venezuela. How is Bolivia, a pretty small country, one of the worlds largest exporters of illegal cocaine? Evo has carved out massive laboratories in the jungle to process coca.He sold out his own (indigenous) people after being elected by building roads through their land to reach these processing centers. I could go on and on, but if you’re comparing Bolivia’s situation to a unarmed black man being shot by police, this is a fruitless endeavor.

BTW, the idea that this protest was to attack indigenous people and their rights shows you are buying ALL ofthe BS that Evo spews. A large portion of the indigenous and working class participated in the mass protest against the fraudulent elections. The military did not force Evo to do anything. They actually had to sit idle while Evo paid “Masistas” to create chaos and try to incite a civil war. They were the only resource that could have stopped the mass violence and chaos but they couldn’t do anything because then it would have been a coup (Evo was telling them to stand down). Many of these people are very poor and were offered money to incite violence, burn buildings/vehicles,destroy satellites and water supplies, and many more catastrophic actions that would cripple the whole country until Evo could “save” them. Many of these paid actors were caught, detained, then interviewed and confirmed everything that I am saying above.

Bolivia was screwed either way: Evo winning or losing this election. If he won, it would be more of the same charade that I explained above. If he lost, he was going to make sure the country went down in flames so people would think he was their only hope. You think Trump abuses power here? Relatively, Evo made Trump look powerless. The people finally decided it was enough and risked their lives to rip the bandaid off and begin the road to healing the country.

Good insight and solid to hear a different perspective

Do you think the US has anything to do with Evos ousting?

from what I’ve been hearing, dude won the election by morethan ten points, so even if he won by 8, it still shows people rock with Him...

unless there was some funny biz with the vote

do you think the vote was a travesty, a sham, and a mockery

a traveshamockery if you will

:nerd: :nerd:

Good insight and solid to hear a different perspective

Do you think the US has anything to do with Evos ousting?

from what I’ve been hearing, dude won the election by morethan ten points, so even if he won by 8, it still shows people rock with Him...

unless there was some funny biz with the vote

do you think the vote was a travesty, a sham, and a mockery

a traveshamockery if you will

:nerd: :nerd:
No I don’t think the US played any part in this. The US hasn’t given a **** about Bolivia in the last 15 years since Evo initially took power. He ran on the idea to get the US out of Bolivian politics (which I agree with), but took it to the extreme which eventually crippled the country in areas where it needs it most. For example, no NGOs are allowed in Bolivia because Evo outlawed them. This includes environmental organizations that could be helping save the rainforest instead of Evo letting it burn for cocaine and cattle production.
Evo “winning” the election was completely fraudulent and there is plenty of evidence to back that up. Not to mention he shouldn’t have even been allowed to run in the first place, since this would have been not his first, but second illegal term. He controlled the entire government, so he was using that power to corruptly rewrite the constitution so he could stay in power forever. He also rewrote the laws to allow a runoff if the final two candidates were within a close range of each other. He did this recently because he felt the pressure of the Bolivian people wanting him out. He wanted to be able to buy time and have more roads to rig the election in case he lost the popular vote. Instead of going through all of that, he had the results announced around 24 hours before all of the votes were even counted. There’s videos of people finding boxes filled with fraudulent ballots all checking off Evos name. The OAS, the organization that was overseeing the electoral process, was said to be working corruptly with Evo. Even they found the results to show “clear manipulation.”
I think where even educated people on this subject are getting the story misconstrued is when the police forces around the country announced they were for the people, and not the Masistas. What Americans have to understand is that most South American police are poor and underpaid - hence the rampant corruption/bribes that take place all over the continent. The police turning on Evo was not the military turning on Evo; the military never disobeyed his orders. The police turned on him and decided to protect the people of their cities from the violence and disorder that Evo was promoting. Once that happened, Evo felt the pressure and decided to play the victim - eventually leaving the office and claiming a coup.

My family all voted for Evo when he initially came into power. Most people at that time could get behind what he represented: an indigenous president instead of the elite Latino Europeans continuing to run the country, getting the US out of Bolivian politics, and ousting a former corrupt leader at that time. Evo did some good things (for example, he built the teleferico, a ski lift type transport system that can get you almost anywhere in the capital). But eventually he succumbed to greed and power grabs, caring way more about himself than the country he claimed to love.

I love this country. It has so much potential and my wife and I would love to settle down here one day. I highly recommend anyone to visit if you want to see some of Latin America that hasn’t been as influenced by the USA as the rest of the continent. I rarely get detailed in any of the political discussions here, but it kills me to see people talking about it so ignorantly and misinformed.
Ii
49271B14-127B-402A-9AD0-62CC25A09FE3.jpeg
941B0A1F-DF5D-4224-9DD7-B32604D6CD22.jpeg
89459AB9-D309-48F4-9382-D968B5465045.jpeg

On the flip side, I am not buying to opposition to Evo is innocuous.

Nearly every major news outlet that has been ****ting on Evo have also reported some scary ****, and the military not just the police asked him to leave.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...tion-amid-accusations-election-fraud-n1079561

LA PAZ, Bolivia — Bolivian President Evo Morales said Sunday that he would resign after the military called on him to step down and allies tumbled away amid a fierce backlash over a disputed election that has roiled the South American nation.

Morales, the country's leader for nearly 14 years, said in televised comments that he would submit his resignation letter to help restore stability, although he aimed barbs at what he called a "civic coup."

The head of Bolivia's armed forces, Gen. Williams Kaliman, said Sunday that the military had asked Morales to step down after weeks of protests over the Oct. 20 presidential election, which Morales won.

"We suggest the President of the State renounce his presidential mandate, allowing peace to be restored and the stability maintained for the good of our Bolivia," Kaliman said.

"Likewise, we ask the Bolivian people and mobilized sectors to shed attitudes of violence and disorder among brothers so as not to stain our families with blood, pain and mourning."

Military being the deciding factor is some scary ****.

If I were a betting man I would guess given the history of the region, if Bolivia goes back right wing then in 10 years the place will be in shambles. But hey, Evo is complicit in the country going down that road if it does.

Only hope is if there are free and fair elections soon, and I doubt that happens.

On the flip side, I am not buying to opposition to Evo is innocuous.

Nearly every major news outlet that has been ****ting on Evo have also reported some scary ****, and the military not just the police asked him to leave.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...tion-amid-accusations-election-fraud-n1079561

Military being the deciding factor is some scary ****.

If I were a betting man I would guess given the history of the region, if Bolivia goes back right wing then in 10 years the place will be in shambles. But hey, Evo is complicit in the country going down that road if it does.

Only hope is if there are free and fair elections soon, and I doubt that happens.

I’ve never said the opposition is all well and good. But the military asking him to step down vs the military forcing him to step down are completely different ideas. I repeat, the military was standing down while the country was in crisis, no matter how they felt about Evo, because that’s what he wanted.
Even if there is fair elections, I don’t feel great about the prospects of the country. Greed and corruption almost always prevails in these situations, no matter how good the intentions are (see Evo).

Nunes trying to out the whistle blower :smh: ... what does knowing the identity even prove? All the facts are still there regardless of who blew the whistle.

Nunes trying to out the whistle blower :smh: ... what does knowing the identity even prove? All the facts are still there regardless of who blew the whistle.
They want to out them so they can perform ad hominem attacks. It's that simple.

I’m sure they have the evidence to support this

Obviously she's lying, but lets play their game for a second. Where is the proof of this claim? As much as they love blaming Obama for ****, and ridiculing him. How is it possible that no one in the Trump administration took pics of this to immediately post it for the world to see. And what is the purpose of mentioning it now? Makes no sense to talk about this now, seems like another distraction.

Back
Top Bottom