***Official Political Discussion Thread***

dwalk31 dwalk31
Why is Trump undermining the finding that Russian GRU operatives hacked the DNC? What is there to gain from exculpating Russia and pinning the blame on Ukraine instead?

I imagine it is because of the prior allegations that he colluded with Russia for to in rig the election.

While you are able to distinguish the two, I think a lot of people intentionally muddy the waters to make it seem as if there is evidence Trump worked with Russia to rig the election in his favor.

Nice.

So dwalk31 dwalk31 , how does raising the citizenship application fee from $760 to $1,170 (this is just to fill out paperwork) encourage legal immigration? How is that not an attack on the legal immigration process, and the ability of people who live here legally (permanent residents) to become full participants in American life?

How does it encourage integration?

Nice.

So dwalk31 dwalk31 , how does raising the citizenship application fee from $760 to $1,170 (this is just to fill out paperwork) encourage legal immigration? How is that not an attack on the legal immigration process, and the ability of people who live here legally (permanent residents) to become full participants in American life?

How does it encourage integration?

I am not an economist, but RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is. I remember when the 11s were way less than $220.

Yes, that’s the one she apologized for.

since you are concerned about minors getting apologies, hope trump and his adult child got some coming for this courageous young lady

1575515191057.jpeg

I imagine it is because of the prior allegations that he colluded with Russia for to in rig the election.

While you are able to distinguish the two, I think a lot of people intentionally muddy the waters to make it seem as if there is evidence Trump worked with Russia to rig the election in his favor.
Falsely exculpating Russia’s from one of their key interference activities doesn’t exactly help his case. According to sworn testimony by Trump’s former top Russia adviser Fiona Hill and recent reporting, what Trump is doing is repeating and promoting a Russian intel disinformation campaign.

Trump seems to actually believe it too, given that he asked Zelensky to investigate Crowdstrike and later went on some delusional rant about the company on Fox.

Whether removal happens or not impeaching Trump is the obvious political play.

The constitutional scholars framed it, the impeachment tool is basically used to check the President from acting improper.

Think about it the Republicans impeached Clinton for lying about having sex, nothing to do with governing but they couldn’t let the American people “decide” during the 2000 election.
Their political play worked and they got a Republican President even though Clinton was a very successful President.

They are just trying to pick off a few voters, Trump fighting this is not a great look because time spend on impeachment is time Trump can’t spend touting the accomplishments he has.

Whether removal happens or not impeaching Trump is the obvious political play.

The constitutional scholars framed it, the impeachment tool is basically used to check the President from acting improper.

Think about it the Republicans impeached Clinton for lying about having sex, nothing to do with governing but they couldn’t let the American people “decide” during the 2000 election.
Their political play worked and they got a Republican President even though Clinton was a very successful President.

They are just trying to pick off a few voters, Trump fighting this is not a great look because time spend on impeachment is time Trump can’t spend touting the accomplishments he has.

I actually agree with your analysis. But unless it turns bipartisan, it will backfire on them. Clinton was in his second term, and the Republicans lost a lot of seats after that. I highly doubt they actually impeach. They are doing this show, like you said, to influence the election. But an actual impeachment would do more harm than good for them.

But unless it turns bipartisan, it will backfire on them. Clinton was in his second term, and the Republicans lost a lot of seats after that. I highly doubt they actually impeach. They are doing this show, like you said, to influence the election. But an actual impeachment would do more harm than good for them.

for that theory to make sense.... Trump would need to be popular like Clinton was (he's not) and the impeachment would need to be seen as a strictly partisan effort (it isn't)

I don't see how the two are anything alike. If anything.... it puts purple state Republicans at risk when they go on record to acquit an obviously corrupt/incompetent president

Biden is going to pick Kamala as VP and lock up this nomination. I think people will be much more amenable to her as VP than President right now.

for that theory to make sense.... Trump would need to be popular like Clinton was (he's not) and the impeachment would need to be seen as a strictly partisan effort (it isn't)

I don't see how the two are anything alike. If anything.... it puts purple state Republicans at risk when they go on record to acquit an obviously corrupt/incompetent president

On the first point we can agree to disagree because it’s subjective. On your second point, literally no republicans in the house are supporting the impeachment effort. All the votes have fallen along party lines. That’s the definition of partisan.

We will see how it turns out. If they impeach, I think he’ll get reelected and the proceedings will be used to flip the house.

Biden is going to pick Kamala as VP and lock up this nomination. I think people will be much more amenable to her as VP than President right now.

Bernie/Michelle Obama would win. Biden won’t. That’s why Dems are still entering late. Bloomberg has a better chance.

Back
Top Bottom