***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Having differing views does not mean this thread has openly conservative posters.

I posted a gallup poll that showed that Trump has a 60% approval rating in his handling of this coronavirus situation.

In this thread, I imagine he has a 99% disapproval rating. This thread is not indicative of the typical American voter. It leans sharply left. And there aren't any openly conservative posters--aside from me.

The fact that people have differing views doesn't change the fact that this is an echo chamber of mostly left-leaning partisans.

That said, I have no issue with it. But let's not pretend that it is something it isn't.
This why I said that conservatives don't learn ****. To have a chance to be invited to CPAC, you have to check your grey matter at the door.

Conservatism these days is more about agreeing to a set of beliefs that can't be questioned by the members of the cult than it is about ideas supported by evidence. Your post is proof that you are so invested in the belief that this thread is an echo chamber that you completely missed points being made in favor of positions held by conservative thinkers.

All that matters to you is feeling like an intellectual martyr.

Having differing views does not mean this thread has openly conservative posters.

I posted a gallup poll that showed that Trump has a 60% approval rating in his handling of this coronavirus situation.

In this thread, I imagine he has a 99% disapproval rating. This thread is not indicative of the typical American voter. It leans sharply left. And there aren't any openly conservative posters--aside from me.

The fact that people have differing views doesn't change the fact that this is an echo chamber of mostly left-leaning partisans.

That said, I have no issue with it. But let's not pretend that it is something it isn't.
You are so full of it.

There are tons of disagreements in here. But as because people don't agree with the nonsense you and Trump spew, that is an issue.

And since you have entered this thread, there have been plenty of other conservative posters. They all got themselves banned

So maybe you should be more concerned about the behavior of conservatives in here, (since you like to pretend you care about racism), and less about this nonsense victim act you are attempting.

60% of Americans probably also think drinking warm water or pointing a blow dryer up their nose will cure coronavirus.

Or think that the 6 case reports treated with hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin are enough to say we have a cure.

60% of Americans thought that we didn't need to worry about the virus when we only had a few dozen cases just 3 or 4 weeks ago.

60% of Americans still think we can safely return to normal life after taking a week off.

Poll was released 2 days ago. Republicans trust president Trump to tell them the truth about the virus just as much as they trust medical and health professionals, which is 90%. Despite Trump and his lackeys blatantly lying over and over and over again about the virus to their faces, 90% of Republicans trust him to tell the truth about the virus. That's a cult.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/03/24/who-americans-trust-covid
2e73b2211446ed3d9bb230620f0f645c.png

9bddc86ab5f716cf026d49c7802ad852.png

Poll was released 2 days ago. Republicans trust president Trump to tell them the truth about the virus just as much as they trust medical and health professionals, which is 90%. Despite Trump and his lackeys blatantly lying over and over and over again about the virus to their faces, 90% of Republicans trust him to tell the truth about the virus. That's a cult.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/03/24/who-americans-trust-covid
2e73b2211446ed3d9bb230620f0f645c.png

9bddc86ab5f716cf026d49c7802ad852.png
Trump's accuracy on COVID-19 is no better than chain email or spam.

Sure, every once in a while he gets something right, like that it's good to wash your hands, but overall at best he's randomly throwing darts and at worst he's purposefully misleading the public based on his own special interests or the misguided advice of his anti-science anti-intellectual inner circle.

We're ****ed if 60% of people listen to him.

Growth of a publicly owned entity would be predicated on democratic processes. So to the extent that the GOP and a smaller and less committed segment of the Democratic Party are committed to the destruction of the public sector, there are certainly concerns related to the intentional sabotage of any public entity. But this is the major problem facing public institutions—underfunding and intentional subversion—not something inherently problematic about the public sector in general.
All great points.

I would argue that bureaucracy is not limited to government, but being
Brownstone Brownstone storm2006 storm2006

We see things very differently. Speaking as an anarcho communist there are two big things, pertinent to this discussion, I believe.

1.) elite managerial types are not super talented, they have a ton of social capital, usually inherited social capital which is ratified by obtaining elite credentials. The fact that top managers move from totally different sector to other totally different sector indicates that they do not have deep knowledge of their company where they currently work nor their industry where they currently work. The fact that they are managers who move from industry to industry also means that they are not the cream rising to the top, they didn’t work their way through the ranks. They are social class like the barons during the days of Feudalism.

2.) armed aircraft do not protect our freedom. Most people in America already do not have freedom, they are obligated to sell their labor to owners of capital and they usually have no rights or say at work. It’s hard to describe a country where the vast majority of people have to spend the majority of their along hours oriented around laboring in workplaces which are autocratic in nature.

This wretched state of affairs and lack of freedom is not caused by guys in caves in Central Asian or Yemen or in Tehran or even in Moscow. Those people deny freedom to most Americans live in Malibu, Pacific Heights, the Hamptons and Greenwich, CT.
I agree that our views diverge at a high level.

I for one do not think our government operates as efficiently as private firms. Funny how this shift or lack of faith in government seems to have correlated with minorities gaining more and more rights.......

As far as working for elite managerial types, my experience has been that they are good at driving the business forward and every manager I have worked with has balanced the best interest of the firm and their employees to an admirable level.

While surely there are examples of social capital being abused (Boards for an example) I actually find that most organizations within competitive industries (Tech, Finance, Engineering etc...) that are good firms (Profitable, have marketshare etc...) Can ill afford to hire and promote individuals solely off of their social capital. This puts them at a competitive disadvantage to firms that don't practice this.

I will admit that the shift is recent...There are small shifts that indicate the landscape is shifting even in traditionally skewed industries. Recently several wall street firms stated they will no longer do on campus recruiting (Which admittedly favored the Ivy League)

In general my anecdotal experience is that every executive I have worked under was the sharpest, and best communicator usually also had the best background (combination of good traits and experience) Again, I understand there are plenty of other examples that go the other way.

This has not been the case with Government, as the motives are power not profits, and power is easier to manipulate than balance sheets.

As to your second point, I Would argue that Boeing is essential to our national security not because of their products on the defense side of their business. Lockheed Martin and various other firms could step in rather quickly and supply their market share- My concern is laying way for Airbus to have a monopoly on commercial jet production.

Please share what people are supposed to exchange their labor for? If not capital? Individuals are not entitled to easy jobs. Are you saying nobody should work long hours? Investment bankers should have more rights? Autocratic? Last time I checked we have the opportunity to work and quit as we please.

Last edited:
This why I said that conservatives don't learn ****. To have a chance to be invited to CPAC, you have to check your grey matter at the door.

Conservatism these days is more about agreeing to a set of beliefs that can't be questioned by the members of the cult than it is about ideas supported by evidence. Your post is proof that you are so invested in the belief that this thread is an echo chamber that you completely missed points being made in favor of positions held by conservative thinkers.

All that matters to you is feeling like an intellectual martyr.
You are so full of it.

There are tons of disagreements in here. But as because people don't agree with the nonsense you and Trump spew, that is an issue.

And since you have entered this thread, there have been plenty of other conservative posters. They all got themselves banned

So maybe you should be more concerned about the behavior of conservatives in here, (since you like to pretend you care about racism), and less about this nonsense victim act you are attempting.

Can y'all PLEEEASEEEE say this louder for the people in the back. I prefaced my posts yesterday by saying that I in no way support Donald Trump or the GOP. At the same time, I defended what many may view as a contentious "openly conservative belief". That doesn't mean I'm conservative AT ALL. There was just a subject where my view did not line up of with liberals. Everyone shared their respectfully shared their perspective, we a got a glimpse into the other sides rationale and no feelings were hurt.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand that if you share your POV rationally and in good faith that no one will have a problem with what you're saying. You wonder why people call you a troll, dwalk31 dwalk31 but it's because the other night you showed the capacity to be able to have that type of conversation the other night when discussing that some people might want to go back to work. However, you routinely fall back on your shtick which entails a lack of accountability and manipulation of semantics and the justice system.

Back
Top Bottom