***Official Political Discussion Thread***

They ignored information that was available at the time, though. All you can muster is that "they could have done much better"? It seems your standard is that they didn't completely act like they don't give a **** about people. They at least kind of did their jobs.

Basically you seem to be fine with the response because at least they didn't do nothing, right? And you got some relief money out of it!

There is a long way between I’m fine with it and the response was disastrous. I’m not fine with 1 person dying of COVID-19, are you?

Saying it could have been much better acknowledges that there were issues.

There is a long way between I’m fine with it and the response was disastrous. I’m not fine with 1 person dying of COVID-19, are you?

Without the gymnastics and deflection, may you please give us a few adjectives that you feel appropriately describe the Administrations response? Also, you talked about ”not being fine with one person dying”. May you please tell us how you feel about the administrations response.

Hence the word "may."

The speculation is if the administration shot down Kushner's plan purposefully because they thought covid would only devastate blue states. Which, I agree, the information in the article doesn't concretely answer if that was the case. Which is why I said "may." (although it does align with the words and actions of this administration on a host of other issues)

But my bigger point, the 99% of it, was that there have been many big mistakes made by the administration at multiple steps. These are all well-documented.

Another thing to keep in mind -- this is all information that was readily available to the public. The question that is unknown is how much additional information did this administration have? They knew at least as much as the NT Pandemic thread, but they obviously are privy to more info, more experts, and more resources. So the disaster we're pointing out is a bare minimum. There could be even worse things we're not aware of.

Without the gymnastics and deflection, may you please give us a few adjectives that you feel appropriately describe the Administrations response? Also, you talked about ”not being fine with one person dying”. May you please tell us how you feel about the administrations response.

I feel like the administration did okay, based on the information known at the time, but they could have done much better.

Hence the word "may."

The speculation is if the administration shot down Kushner's plan purposefully because they thought covid would only devastate blue states. Which, I agree, the information in the article doesn't concretely answer if that was the case. Which is why I said "may." (although it does align with the words and actions of this administration on a host of other issues)

But my bigger point, the 99% of it, was that there have been many big mistakes made by the administration at multiple steps. These are all well-documented.

Another thing to keep in mind -- this is all information that was readily available to the public. The question that is unknown is how much additional information did this administration have? They knew at least as much as the NT Pandemic thread, but they obviously are privy to more info, more experts, and more resources. So the disaster we're pointing out is a bare minimum. There could be even worse things we're not aware of.

Likewise, they may have been privy to information that painted a better picture than what is known to us.

But there’s really no point in going down the speculation rabbit hole.

I feel like the administration did okay, based on the information known at the time, but they could have done much better.

Are there other prominent countries that you feel did worse than the United States? If so, which countries? A little bit on why you feel they did worse may be useful as well

Are there other prominent countries that you feel did worse than the United Statez? If so, which countries? A little bit on why you feel they did worse may be useful as well

I don’t have a knee jerk answer. Nor do I really which countries to deem prominent.

What I will say is that America is unique. And I think comparing the performance to others in this regard is difficult due to our testing capability.

For instance, I wouldn’t compare New York City’s response to Birmingham’s. Because they are very different.

If you give me a specific country for comparison it would be easier for me to give you a direct answer. I don’t want to appear like I’m dancing around.

I don’t have a knee jerk answer. Nor do I really which countries to deem prominent.

What I will say is that America is unique. And I think comparing the performance to others in this regard is difficult due to our testing capability.

For instance, I wouldn’t compare New York City’s response to Birmingham’s. Because they are very different.

If you give me a specific country for comparison it would be easier for me to give you a direct answer. I don’t want to appear like I’m dancing around.

I said “prominent” to avoid a scenario like what you said about NYC and Birmingham but on a country level. I mean surely, the US cant be the only country with that predicament.

My clarifying response would be any countries with similar testing capabilities to the United States. However, you may think that doesn't exist...

I said “prominent” to avoid a scenario like what you said about NYC and Birmingham but on a country level. I mean surely, the US cant be the only country with that predicament.

My clarifying response would be any countries with similar testing capabilities to the United States. However, you may think that doesn't exist...

If you give me a specific country I can give you an easy better or worse answer.

But I don’t really know of another country testing/reporting cases at the level the US is. But if you do, enlighten me.

Ah, so we get the classic "could/should do better" response with Trump. It's actually just a vague boilerplate response that could be applied to anything. We've seen you criticize people on NT more than we've seen you say anything about Trump.

Despite Trump holding rallies that ignored guidelines and put people at risk, you will continue to defend and support him. Just as you claim you're against voter suppression and continue to defend and support the people that suppress minority votes.

If you give me a specific country I can give you an easy better or worse answer.

But I don’t really know of another country testing/reporting cases at the level the US is. But if you do, enlighten me.

Mr. Dwelkshowitz is trying to change the topic of how horrible the response was.

"I don’t really know of another country testing/reporting cases at the level the US is." is the failure..... That's is literally because of the horrible response

Likewise, they may have been privy to information that painted a better picture than what is known to us.

But there’s really no point in going down the speculation rabbit hole.
From a scientific / public health / policy standpoint, it is absolutely necessary to second guess and to scrutinize.

From an information standpoint, they had whatever information we had, plus more. This doesn't mean their picture was "better" or "rosier" than ours. It means they could make guesses that were closer to the truth than we could. Now, over the past 6 months, we have more data so we know what the truth is, so we're in a position to scrutinize what the administration has done.

From a scientific / public health / policy standpoint, it is absolutely necessary to second guess and to scrutinize.

From an information standpoint, they had whatever information we had, plus more. This doesn't mean their picture was "better" or "rosier" than ours. It means they could make guesses that were closer to the truth than we could. Now, over the past 6 months, we have more data so we know what the truth is, so we're in a position to scrutinize what the administration has done.

So, like, Monday morning quarterbacking?

So, like, Monday morning quarterbacking?
More like doing science, dWinston Smith.

f0ydqa7ah9e51.jpg

This is the man Delk be dropping it low for on the daily.

Imagine having such little self respect that you think this man is worthy of leading the country you live in. Thinking this man is worthy of having the benefit of the doubt on every issue.

Brahs, father your sons, and buy them a bottle of Palmer's Cocoa butter.

Last edited:
We need to form a Fauci Squad that goes after anybody who targets Tony. Rough them up a little.

This is the exchange (painful) in case anybody wants to see a pedo defender (not delk) fall flat against Faucigod:

what an absolute clown. what a waste of 5 minutes to try and score political points and miserably fail.

Based on the information available to me, I still do not think this administration’s response was disastrous.

1596240835133.jpeg

The administration’s response has undoubtedly prevented a lot of deaths as well, based on the statement by Dr. Fauci this morning.

1. The administration did okay, based on the information available to them at the times, but they could have done much better.
2. Thousands of lives were saved due to this administration’s response.
3. It is a disaster that even 1 person lost their life due to COVID-19 so it is undoubtedly a disaster that 150,000+ have.

maybe you should want more than "okay" from your elected representatives. quit thinking of politics like sports for a second, drop the "my team does no wrong" attitude, and recognize that our country has absolutely botched their response to this pandemic. Instead of a uniformed response from the top down, the president himself continued to downplay the virus, said it would disappear, the heat would kill it, it would go away, undermined his own national health advisors, retweeted conspiracy theorists, and continues to hold rallies while not requiring them to wear masks.

More like doing science, dWinston Smith.

f0ydqa7ah9e51.jpg

The shutdown has made people think they can live their life being alienated because they have their imaginary online political family. Once America eventually gets back to normal and all the people they "cleaned house" with on social media avoid them in real life they're gonna wish their fake patriotism wasn't so aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom