***Official Political Discussion Thread***

In this case, it seems like you agree that Trump has a better chance of getting legislation passed an otherwise obstructive GOP-led Senate than Biden.

Which brings us to the fundamental difference that RustyShackleford RustyShackleford and I have. I think watered-down legislation is better than no legislation at all.

We see this happening with the stimulus bill. Many don’t think the Republican bill goes far enough. But, surely, a plan that doesn’t go far enough is better than no plan for the families in need. At least that’s my opinion.

I for one am truly impressed by this post.

Matrix Level

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

Nope, I do not want Trump or any other white person dangling freedom in front of me, like some sort of tease. The fact that Trump and the right wing are attempting to only deal with misogynistic Black men, speaks volumes in regard to what sort of legislation will be passed. The abortion deal is a HUGE part of that, women's rights. So, Trump and the right wing will do prison reform, but leaving women's rights up to the states?! Eff that. Black women need to be taken care of first, and Donald Trump and the right wing know that Black women are going for it, and rightfully so.

It's funny as to how this mirrors how slavery, and the invasion of the African continent occurred in the first place. Those white people, and I use the term people loosely, made the appeal to the African Chiefs first, bringing gifts to them, appealing to ego, all the while the Priestesses forewarned about those people, and what their true plan was to be. Those chiefs ignored the Priestesses, those Black women, and here we are today, damned near 500 years later.

Funny how tactics used, damned sure repeat themselves. What's even funnier, is how gullible these so called Black men still are.

I’m not disagreeing with you on any of this.

But the election is between Trump and Biden. You’ve stated, and I conceded for the purpose of discussion, that you think a Republican-led senate will block Biden’s efforts because Kamala is black.

How, then, does a Biden presidency get the things you talk about passed? Not to mention having further prison reform getting stalled in the process.

In this case, it seems like you agree that Trump has a better chance of getting legislation passed an otherwise obstructive GOP-led Senate than Biden.

Which brings us to the fundamental difference that RustyShackleford RustyShackleford and I have. I think watered-down legislation is better than no legislation at all.

We see this happening with the stimulus bill. Many don’t think the Republican lab goes far enough. But, surely, a plan that doesn’t go far enough is better than no plan for the families in need. At least that’s my opinion.
The fundamental difference between you and me is not the degree to which we want to see positive change, or the methods we think we can make it happen.

I am for progress, you are for white supremacy. Period.

Actually let me not be so mean, you are for white supremacy with the hopes of the oppressors from time to time, throwing the black community a bone.

We are not walking down the same path, we are going in different directions.

You will constantly use the First Step Act (which you admit the Dems have more progressive plans than), champion HBCU funding (when again, The Dems support), and all this other watered-down stuff.

BUT

You also vote for Republicans that suppress the votes of black people, that blocks tons of bills that could help black people from getting a Senate vote, that appoints judges hostile to black people's civil rights, who appoints AG that refuse to whole police departments accountable or even enforce the damn First Step Act, that has weakened civil rights enforcement all over the federal government, that sued to deny Obama from getting tons of black folk free health insurance, and who are now suing to strip millions more of their insurance You handwaved the GOP's appeals to white supremacists, downplayed their treatment of innocent child refugees, and generally been fine with all their hostility to anyone on affluent, white, conservative, and Christian. Oh, all while advocating for a harmful racist welfare reform program yourself.

And only when it looks bad will you offer the most struggle of rebukes on the internet. You "sigh", say "I don't agree with that", or you try to make some desperate both sides argument. You make this one-sentence rebukes for Republican vile behavior, but got pages and paragraphs to say when you see supposed liberal bad behavior.

So again, you are not for progress, you are for white supremacy. You are for the material conditions of black people in America being made worse.

You can't serve two masters Delk.

You can't claim to be an advocate for civil rights and justice for black people. Yet champion the people that want to a) deny them justice b) suppress them more.

You can't claim to be Bryan Stevenson while you act like Daniel Cameron.

Last edited:
I’m not disagreeing with you on any of this.

But the election is between Trump and Biden. You’ve stated, and I conceded for the purpose of discussion, that you think a Republican-led senate will block Biden’s efforts because Kamala is black.

How, then, does a Biden presidency get the things you talk about passed? Not to mention having further prison reform getting stalled in the process.
Hopefully, by the dems having control over both congress AND the senate.

We see this happening with the stimulus bill. Many don’t think the Republican bill goes far enough. But, surely, a plan that doesn’t go far enough is better than no plan for the families in need. At least that’s my opinion.
I'll ignore the fact that you're misrepresenting what Rusty says here for a minute. What is the reason you feel watered-down legislation is better than no legislation at all?

I've noticed a lot of high brow conservatives saying Trump won.

I think it's because Trump has adopted all the unpopular **** that high brow conservatives love
but normal people aka most voters hate.

People don't actually want powerplants poisoning the drinker water
15$ minimum wage is popular
no one is that jazed about fracking
and most people think climate change is real and very bad.

so if you agree with Conservative inc you might think Trump won the debate,

but I imagine most voters would disagree.

Damn. Ever think you're so smart that you outsmart yourself into something completely stupid and couldn't be convinced otherwise? If so how did y'all come back? When did you hit the common sense wall?

The fundamental difference between you and me is not the degree we want to see positive change. Or the methods we think we can make it happen.

I am for progress, you are for white supremacy. Period.

Actually let me not be so mean, you are for white supremacy with the hopes of the oppressors from the black community a bone from time to time.

We are not walking down the same path, we are going in different directions

You will constantly the first step act (which you admit the Dems have more progressive plans than), champion HBCU funding (when again, The Dems support), and all this other watered-down stuff.

BUT

You also vote for Republicans that suppress the votes of black people, that blocks tons of bills that could help black people from getting a Senate vote, that appoints judges hostile to black people civil rights, who appoints AG that refuse to whole police departments accountable or even enforce the damn First Step Act, that has weakened civil rights enforcement all over the federal government, that sued to deny Obama from getting tons of black folk free health insurance, and is now suing to strip millions more of it. You handwaved their appeals to white supremacists, downplayed their treatment of innocent child refugees, and generally been fine with all their hostility to anyone on affluent, white, conservative, and Christian. Oh, all while advocating for a racist harmful welfare reform program yourself.

And only when it looks bad will you offer the most struggle rebukes on the internet. You "sigh" or say I don't agree with that, you try to make some desperate both sides argument. You make this one sentence rebukes. But got pages and paragraphs for supposed liberal bad behavior.

So again, you are not for progress, you are for white supremacy. You are for the material conditions of black people in America being made worse.

You can't serve two masters Delk.

You can't claim to be an advocate for civil rights and justice for black people. Yet champion the people that want to a) deny them justice b) suppress them more.

You can't claim to be Bryan Stevenson while you act like Daniel Cameron.
dwalk31 dwalk31 , I have done nothing but to attempt to speak to you as a Black man here, reached out in a genuine effort to understand your positions, never denying your birthright. However, what Rusty has posted here, is pretty much dead on.

I'll ignore the fact that you're misrepresenting what Rusty says here for a minute. What is the reason you feel watered-down legislation is better than no legislation at all?

See failed stimulus negotiations. Families in need likely prefer $200/week in extra unemployment assistance to $0 extra a week. Sure, $1,000 extra a week is better than both. But something, even if it doesn’t go far enough, is better than nothing imo.

Hopefully, by the dems having control over both congress AND the senate.

Yes, it is ideal that the Dems control the House, Senate and have an president that pushes progressive legislation targeted at the black community.

Sadly, I don’t think they will regain control of the Senate this election. If they do, and Biden wins, then this is a moot point.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , I have done nothing but to attempt to speak to you as a Black man here, reached out in a genuine effort to understand your positions, never denying your birthright. However, what Rusty has posted here, is pretty much dead on.

I respect RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ‘s opinions. And yours as well.

But I can’t argue how people feel about my character.

What people that have been paying attention to the thread know is that the things I’ve posted are actually true: from the fact that I’m black, my profession, the fraternity I pledged, etc. There were times when many in the thread said I was lying about those things.

If people choose to now believe I’m lying about my intent and the things I find important—that’s fine. I know the causes I champion and I won’t waste time debating my character.

What he got right is that we have different methods. And I have no issue with that.

See failed stimulus negotiations. Families in need likely prefer $200/week in extra unemployment assistance to $0 extra a week. Sure, $1,000 extra a week is better than both. But something, even if it doesn’t go far enough, is better than nothing imo.
Are these scraps worth it if other GOP policies and/or legislation cause irreparable damage to the families? At what point are the scraps not worth it?

Are these scraps worth it if other GOP policies and/or legislation cause irreparable damage to the families? At what point are the scraps not worth it?

You would have to ask the families who are in desperate need. My guess is yes. But I, admittedly, am not in that position.

I respect RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ‘s opinions. And yours as well.

But I can’t argue how people feel about my character.

What people that have been paying attention to the thread know is that the things I’ve posted are actually true: from the fact that I’m black, my profession, the fraternity I pledged, etc. There were times when many in the thread said I was lying about those things.

If people choose to now believe I’m lying about my intent and the things I find important—that’s fine. I know the causes I champion and I won’t waste time debating my character.

What he got right is that we have different methods. And I have no issue with that.
If nobody knew that you were indeed Black? Everyone would indeed think that you were white. I mean, even a right wing Black man such as Mike Steele has admitted that Trump is indeed a racist prick, something that I have yet to see you admit.

Why is that?

Last edited:
You would have to ask the families who are in desperate need. My guess is yes. But I, admittedly, am not in that position.
I have to ask these families to understand your argument here? That doesn't make sense. You're the one arguing here that scraps are better than nothing and using these families as a prop for your argument.

You didn't answer my second question. At what point are the scraps not worth it?

This guy is only 25 years old. I thought he was older.

That's the future of the GOP, ladies and gentlemen. Just as racist as the old GOP, less subtle.
Telling yall. This doesn’t end when these old people die, though it will help. Those people multiplied with more of themselves (some within their own family). This will not go away

If nobody knew that you were indeed Black? Everyone would indeed think that you were white. I mean, even a right wing Black man such as Mike Steele has admitting that Trump is indeed a racist prick, something that I have yet to see you admit.

Why is that?

People thinking I’m white doesn’t change observable reality.

My blackness doesn’t wash off. And what other black folks are willing to say doesn’t make me white, lol. That’s absurd.

The only reason I haven’t called Trump a racist is because I think intent matters a great deal. So while his statements can be viewed as racist, have racist undertones, etc. I don’t always think that rises to the level of a person being a racist.

But make no mistake, Trump could very well be a racist. Same with Biden for that matter. Same for like every other President minus Obama. I’m not really pushing back on whether he is or not. I’ve said from the jump that I understand anyone who calls him that.

The narrative that I come in here and trip if someone calls Trump a racist is false.

Back
Top Bottom