***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Damn. Ever think you're so smart that you outsmart yourself into something completely stupid and couldn't be convinced otherwise? If so how did y'all come back? When did you hit the common sense wall?
:lol:
I had an argument some years ago with a Black woman, one who told me that I live with privilege. I was mortified, wondering, arguing where my privilege was. When she told me that I sounded like someone white, one who was denying their white privilege? That gave me pause, as I then walked around with the stupid face for the rest of the day.
That was my wake up call.
I haven't looked back since! :smh:

I have to ask these families to understand your argument here? That doesn't make sense. You're the one arguing here that scraps are better than nothing and using these families as a prop for your argument.

You didn't answer my second question. At what point are the scraps not worth it?

My point is a common sense one. A person in desperate need likely prefers $200 extra a month to $0 extra a month.

As long as it is more than $0 I don’t see the point at which it ceases to be worth it based on my common-sense approach.

If common sense isn’t good enough, then talking to a family in need might provide a better perspective. But of course you don’t have to do anything.

People thinking I’m white doesn’t change observable reality.

My blackness doesn’t wash off. And what other black folks are willing to say doesn’t make me white, lol. That’s absurd.

The only reason I haven’t called Trump a racist is because I think intent matters a great deal. So while his statements can be viewed as racist, have racist undertones, etc. I don’t always think that rises to the level of a person being a racist.

But make no mistake, Trump could very well be a racist. Same with Biden for that matter. Same for like every other President minus Obama. I’m not really pushing back on whether he is or not. I’ve said from the jump that I understand anyone who calls him that.

The narrative that I come in here and trip if someone calls Trump a racist is false.
The mf'er INTENDED to get into the WHITE house, then undoing EVERYTHING that Black man put into place, so that it would not interfere with what White america wanted, and you feel that this jackass isn't a racist?

The mf'er INTENDED to get into the WHITE house, then undoing EVERYTHING that Black man put into place, so that it would not interfere with what White america wanted, and you feel that this jackass isn't a racist?

I don’t have any issue with you calling him a racist. I’m not really sure what the dispute is here. You’re acting like I’m arguing that he isn’t a racist or something. I literally just said I understand anyone calling him that.

I don’t have any issue with you calling him a racist. I’m not really sure what the dispute is here. You’re acting like I’m arguing that he isn’t a racist or something. I literally just said I understand anyone calling him that.
The point is, you have all of the evidence in front of you, and you are still in denial. I am not trying to convince you of anything, but you and your conscience will need to deal with the fact that you've voted for, and then support a man and his administration, that appealed to your LOWER self, while hiding their racist principles directly in your face.

My point is a common sense one. A person in desperate need likely prefers $200 extra a month to $0 extra a month.

As long as it is more than $0 I don’t see the point at which it ceases to be worth it based on my common-sense approach.

If common sense isn’t good enough, then talking to a family in need might provide a better perspective. But of course you don’t have to do anything.
You're trying to narrowly focus on the dollar amount when the issues are generally much greater than that. Perhaps you should be talking to these families instead of relying on what you decided is "common sense".

Clearly this is just another instance where you will gladly make decisions that affect people without any real analysis because you won't have to deal with the consequences.

I've asked twice now. At what point are the scraps not worth it?

The point is, you have all of the evidence in front of you, and you are still in denial. I am not trying to convince you of anything, but you and your conscience will need to deal with the fact that you've voted for, and then support a man and his administration, that appealed to your LOWER self, while hiding their racist principles directly in your face.

Just for the record, you don’t think Biden is a racist?

Or when you vote for him will you and your conscience need to deal with the fact that you voted for, and supported a man that has been a politician for 47 years, authored the crime bill, and had his racist principles directly in your face?

Personally I haven’t called either of them a racist. But I just want to clarify if you think Trump is a racist but Biden is not based on some objective standard.

You're trying to narrowly focus on the dollar amount when the issues are generally much greater than that. Perhaps you should be talking to these families instead of relying on what you decided is "common sense".

Clearly this is just another instance where you will gladly make decisions that affect people without any real analysis because you won't have to deal with the consequences.

I've asked twice now. At what point are the scraps not worth it?

I answered. At the point it ceases being greater than $0.

But you're not going to talk to these families for sure, right? You're good with making decisions that affect millions based on nothing more than what you think. Do I understand this correctly?

What decisions am I making that you’re talking about? I’m not in Congress.

I really find the way you use the poor as straw men for your ridiculous contortions of logic distasteful af.

talking about some ¨talking to families in need.¨ my guy, I am IN one.

¨okayfine, you can have barely enough money to stay alive for the next 3 months, but only if you permanently give up your right to sue your employer for exposing you to a pandemic,¨ DOES NOT QUALIFY AS HELP.

this is the type of legislation that has been pushed in Congress in its current configuration.

it is NOT WORTH IT.

worst part is YOU KNOW ALL THIS. at this point people are talking around you, and that´s sad.

...but I guess it´s hard to get a man to see something when his scammed public funding relies on not seeing it.

PA, WI, AZ & MI are more important
9zy7x0_th (2).png

I really find the way you use the poor as straw men for your ridiculous contortions of logic distasteful af.

talking about some ¨talking to families in need.¨ my guy, I am IN one.

¨okayfine, you can have barely enough money to stay alive for the next 3 months, but only if you permanently give up your right to sue your employer for exposing you to a pandemic,¨ DOES NOT QUALIFY AS HELP.

this is the type of legislation that has been pushed in Congress in its current configuration.

it is NOT WORTH IT.

worst part is YOU KNOW ALL THIS. at this point people are talking around you, and that´s sad.

...but I guess it´s hard to get a man to see something when his scammed public funding relies on not seeing it.

I did not know. Like I said, I made an assumption. In part, based on some of the posts in the stimulus check thread.

But B boris here is your answer.

I’m very sorry that you and your family are going through this. Hopefully Congress can pass something that will help soon.

I did not know. Like I said, I made an assumption. In part, based on some of the posts in the stimulus check thread.

I’m very sorry that you and your family are going through this. Hopefully Congress can pass something that will help soon.
But you're still gonna run with the something is better than nothing?

Also, just looking for a yes/no answer on these. You're good with making decisions that affect millions based on nothing more than what you think. Do I understand this correctly?

But you're still gonna run with the something is better than nothing?

Also, just looking for a yes/no answer on these. You're good with making decisions that affect millions based on nothing more than what you think. Do I understand this correctly?

1. No, I’m deferring to cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9

2. No. I don’t hold political office, in part, because of this answer.

PA, WI, AZ & MI are more important
9zy7x0_th (2).png

Its going to be interesting to see what happens with the electoral college if/when Texas turns blue which will likely happen at some point within the next decade. If texas turns blue republicans don't really have a realistic path to the white house in an given election.

Capture.JPG

If this keeps steadily flipping every election cycle by 3-5% texas will be blue by 2024 or 2028. That would be an absolute disaster for republicans.

Texas is not going blue. Stop that BS pipe dream

This year no. In the next decade if demographics keep shifting? Absolutely. That's not even a pipe dream either, that's an absolutely reality.

Austins population has grown by 500K since 2000, dallas' 300K since 2000, houstons 400k since 2000. That's almost a million in a half people in largely blue cities.

I´ll be cool...probably get a job as an NFL defensive backs coach the way I just made you backpedal.

this you?

Senate Democrats Block Republicans’ Slimmed-Down Stimulus Bill

if this bill had gotten passed, we would have richly regretted it...all kinds of malicious bull**** up in there:

‘Poison Pill’
Besides its smaller size, Democrats slammed the Republican bill for “poison pill” provisions that include lawsuit protections for businesses that reopen and a tax break for paying for private-school costs.

3rd time we´ve been over this so like I said I said when you tried this in the other other thread: nah homie.

Mutombo GIFs | Tenor

Back
Top Bottom