***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Oh ****ing kill me now :lol: :rofl:

Like I said before, the Dems path forward was actually passing policy and showing people they have their best interest at heart. Cause the fact Trump got credit for a policy the Dems pushed to make sure was in the CARES Act, and that in turn hurt the Dems, is ****ing sad and hilarious at the same damn time.

i know it's unpopular to say dwalk31 dwalk31 was right but his statement was accurate when he said Trump and his team do and say stuff that seems insanely stupid to above average intelligence people but most Americans are below average intelligence. They see that Trump signature and they're like "wow Trump really cares about me."

Or they hear that the tax rate is gonna be 62% under Biden and don't have the knowledge of marginal taxes to understand their broke *** is nowhere near the bracket to even think about increased taxes.

Dude is the Lex Luther of this thread. He can't be trusted. I'm sure he will vote for Kelly and Perdue.

I don't live in Georgia so I won't be voting in these runoffs, but I am certainly contributing to the campaigns of Warnock and Ossoff to help the Dems flip the Senate.

1A01F297-8F1C-49B8-8CC9-6F8DB8F61716.jpeg

**** him

I know a lot has been said about the upcoming runoff elections in Georgia. And I've committed to do my part, including contributing to help the Dems flip the senate.

Not sure if posting such links is acceptable (if not, I will remove this) but here is the link to support Rev. Raphael Warnock in his efforts to flip the Senate.

Georgia Senate Race Raphael Warnock — Donate via ActBlue
1604884771939.gif

Again, the right and left are built with different blocks of voters-why did downballot GOP members win seats in areas where Biden won?

The Dems should consider this strategically when running future candidates in these areas.

I’ll state my question again with further detail:

What do you think about Blue Dog Dems who helped get the votes in the Senate to pass the ACA? If you need 60+ votes to pass major legislation (I.e. M4A), WHERE exactly are you going to get these votes without the Senate seats? Genuinely interested in your opinion here since 2024 is a tough Senate map for Dems so the strategy needs to be developed now to contend with this-I’ll await your response.
How do you get the votes? They need to quit trying to win over the far right and speak to their own demographic. How? Provide the healthcare, stimulus, educational acts, etc. GIVE them what they want and need.
Now how is that going to happen? They need to quit playing the nice guy and ram this stuff down the republican throats.

my point is this, some people vote against their own self interest for illogical reasons (race, gender, etc). Leave those people alone. Cater to your people and leave it at that. This election proved that’s more than enough

[
I find it astounding that people STILL don’t seem to understand this. The irony was that the GOP couldn’t even repeal/replace the ACA in part because of the reconciliation process limiting them as well.

I think one benefit of the legislative filibuster being removed is the ability to pass meaningful legislation but this would also allow the next GOP administration to actually build the wall, etc. so it’s a true double edged sword.

That is the other part of this election that really altered the narrative. Everyone thought we would have a landslide but this election was close due to the EC. So getting rid of the fillibuster isn’t a automatic win/win like we all thought it would be.

What were some of the flaws?

It had a lot of controversial talking points that people today still dont like.

-Huge penalties if you chose not to have a healthcare plan
-Usually, you have either a high deductible and a low monthly premium (or vice versa), here many people had both a high deductible and high premiums. Middle class were screwed here.
-Didn't do much for the unemployed (i might need to read more on this part though, kinda blurry)
-People couldnt keep their PCPs

Back
Top Bottom