***Official Political Discussion Thread***

484583fc799b2a05428d7ad36f564c33.jpg

so what’s stopping someone super radical/racist running on extreme nationalism from running in a republican race and taking office?
She is far from an aberration. In Illinois, they've had nazis trying to win congressional seats under the republican ticket for a long time. It's the same situation with states that are favorite conservative destinations (like Idaho) because they are far away from liberal "hellholes".

The GOP is a "dead man walking" political party. Everybody knows this, including their own strategists (current and former).

When then-RNC chair Reince Priebus unveiled the report in 2013, he was frank: things had to change.

"If there's one message I want everyone to take away from here, it's this: we know that we have problems, we've identified them, and we're implementing solutions to fix them," he said.

Today, one of the autopsy's five authors thinks the fixes didn't work. Former Republican strategist Sally Bradshaw, who has since left politics and the party, calls the report "obviously a failure."

She declined to speak to NPR, but in an email she added, "My hope is that Trump will lose in November, Republicans will lose the Senate, and the GOP will be forced to rebuild with conservatives focused on the power of ideas."

The party is indeed in danger of losing power as a consequence of not having followed the autopsy's recommendations, according to Republican pollster Whit Ayres.

"For the most part, the Republican Party has done the opposite of what was recommended in the 2013 autopsy," he said. "That's part of the reason why so many rapidly changing demographic states are now in play for the Democrats that used to be solidly Republican — states like Arizona and Texas and Georgia and North Carolina."

At this point, all other political actors are just trying to make sure that Republicans do not kill the rest of the country with them.

Susan Gordon, who served as Mr Trump's principal deputy director of national intelligence, added her voice to the chorus of people calling for the former president's access to be revoked.

Ms Gordon explained her position in a Washington Post editorial. She warned that Mr Trump “has significant business entanglements that involve foreign entities” and that continued access to intelligence briefings would result in a "potential national security threat".

Of course.
Let's talk about his international businesses and not the fact that he almost toppled the US government because he lost an election.

BTW, osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh yah boy Mathew Yglesias outchea signal boosting John McWhorter because Ibram X. Kendi's got him rustled, and he needs a black person to channel his frustrations through.

Still mad at you for convincing me that Leftist Andrew Sullivan's substack was gonna be fire.

ed3b5b331d0ddc24940d0ebdf6cfefdf.gif

BTW, osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh yah boy Mathew Yglesias outchea signal boosting John McWhorter because Ibram X. Kendi's got him rustled, and he needs a black person to channel his frustrations through.

Still mad at you for convincing me that Leftist Andrew Sullivan's substack was gonna be fire.

ed3b5b331d0ddc24940d0ebdf6cfefdf.gif

mcwhorter on linguistics is always fun,

mcwhorter on race is quite a bit less so i didn't read it lol.

I do think Ibram X. has some weird ideas that do deserve to be challenged tho.

Back
Top Bottom