***Official Political Discussion Thread***

But it’s part of my effective tax rate calculation so how is it not part of the discussion? Most wealthy people don’t make income from earnings but from capital earnings making their effective tax rates less than 30% or even below 20%. It stops being progressive when as a PE fund manager I make 60% of my income from those funds I manager rather than income earned from salary and bonus.

Like I said, I think capital gains rates are dumb as hell, but generally speaking capital gains rates are actually progressive as well as they are general 0%-20% depending what your taxable income is. I think the cutoff is like $50k for capital gains to be taxed at 0%, but again, the capital gains rate is stupid and I don’t disagree with your general point here. I understand why they did it as a means to reduce double taxation but all it does is substantially favor the rich.

If I were in Congress and near MTG’s office, I’d be worried she’d, on day, snap and try to shoot me. Although if I were in Congress I’d have a cadre of trans antifa supersoldiers as my personal guard so MTG would think twice about shooting up my office.

the company I work for is headquartered in Denmark and everyone I talk to there has a similar opinion. Most of them tax pretty great pride in their health care system, education, and vacation/family leave policies. I think it would just be a culture shock if you were used to it but most people would probably adjust fine. I’d have a real hard time paying $70k in taxes a year but I guess if you work less it may be worth it.

Id be real interested to see what would happen with wages in America if corporations didn’t have to subsidize a large portion of health insurance costs.
Yeah most people I know tend to share my view on it. However in politics it’s always a hot topic as the trickle-down clowns (and there are a lot) argue with everyone else.

Yeah most people I know tend to share my view on it. However in politics it’s always a hot topic as the trickle-down clowns (and there are a lot) argue with everyone else.

Yeah and arguably your tax system is likely why your healthcare costs are cheaper than what we have in the US. I can’t speak for Belgium but I know in Denmark they impose like a 75%-150% tax on vehicles and a gallon of gas is like 6 or 7 euros to discourage people from driving so most people bike to work and people are generally more fit. That may be a broad generalization based on an extremely narrow experience but it seems to work.

imagine you show up for the orgy and it's Majority Taylor Greene.

and then this guy is the dj

source.gif

Adam Kinzinger is fighting a losing battle. The GOP didn't just become what we see now and they aren't going to change now that they've gone public with their disregard for any form of decency. Man might as well leave the party now.

Like I said, I think capital gains rates are dumb as hell, but generally speaking capital gains rates are actually progressive as well as they are general 0%-20% depending what your taxable income is. I think the cutoff is like $50k for capital gains to be taxed at 0%, but again, the capital gains rate is stupid and I don’t disagree with your general point here. I understand why they did it as a means to reduce double taxation but all it does is substantially favor the rich.

I am a tax accountant by trade so I know the rates believe me. My focus is corporate tax but I have a good enough basic knowledge of all tax for the most part so I understand where you’re coming from snd what you’re trying to get at.

While our payroll income taxes are progressive, there are items which don’t make it as progressive. Think of the mortgage interest deduction that home owners get and renters don’t. Making someone who makes more money pay a lower effective tax rate. I get why the deduction is there, it’s to incentivize home ownership but I hope you know where I’m getting at.

Generally speaking, people who make more money can pay a much lower effective tax rate than the lower middle class. It’s actually quite nutty.

This is about how much I pay for one class and I thought that was a good deal.

**** my undergrad was 900 per credit back in 2009, i mean I didn’t pay that because of grants and scholarship, but when I took a few summer classes I did. Graduate school, since I was going part time, was initially 1200 per credit but then I transferred to a state school where it dropped to 600 thankfully. School is stupid expensive.

I’m all the way good on giving the government more money to piss away.

let’s start with fixing where the current taxes go. It’s hard enough to make a buck out here and get ahead with them taking 30% at every turn and all the fees and permits for small business owners.

you wanna raise taxes on rich people go ahead but for the 98% of Americans that would be super foul.

I wish we could opt out of social security as well. I can manage my own money.

She’s a danger alright.

Gave this woman thousands of dollars in campaign donations for her to go to Washington and put one of the greatest displays of white woman feminism the country has ever seen.

She refuses to change her mind on saving democracy and preventing the country sliding back into Jim Crow Era voting laws.

And in four years she expects Latinos, Native Americans, and black people to go above and beyond to get her re-elected.

This woman is a entitled and delusional

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom