***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Can't Biden prioritize vaccines to be distributed first to states with covid-19 restrictions in place (and thus delay it to Texas)?

I know it sounds absurd and like something Trump would do but it's also easy to do and seems like a justifiable public health move.

“If all the negatives you say about trump are true, I still believe supporting him makes sense.”

This is ****ing disgusting. How does one believe being racist, xenophobic, and misogynistic among a host of other terrible things are not disqualifiers to become the leader of the free world? On top of all that, he’s ignorant to how govt works and unbelievably stupid.

Can't Biden prioritize vaccines to be distributed first to states with covid-19 restrictions in place (and thus delay it to Texas)?

I know it sounds absurd and like something Trump would do but it's also easy to do and seems like a justifiable public health move.
Public health wise, the logical decision would be to supply the most vaccines to the states with the worst covid restrictions.

Again the post you quoted and the post B boris posted do not state this:

And the fact you said the post was verbatim is simply factually inaccurate.

I’m not going to go back and forth about it. This will be my last response on it. But it’s always remarkable how things are stretched to sensationalize them in this thread.
I think the only thing remarkable is that you try to push this transformation story while continuing to use your same bad-faith arguments.

And the fact you said the post was verbatim is simply factually inaccurate.

I’m not going to go back and forth about it. This will be my last response on it. But it’s always remarkable how things are stretched to sensationalize them in this thread.
Your issue is with the use of "verbatim" ? :lol: At worst, it's substantially similar to your post. Stop trying to act all high and mighty when you literally said even if all the negatives he believes about Trump are true, then his ability to get the ever evasive "meaningful legislation" passed makes your support of him make sense. You're arguing semantics to deflect from your words and the fact that you are devoid of morality and any backbone.

Public health wise, the logical decision would be to supply the most vaccines to the states with the worst covid restrictions.
I was thinking from the perspective of incentivizing states to maintain restrictions.

Biden can't force the governors to behave in a certain way, but he can definitely nudge them in that direction. This is similar to taxing cigarettes and attaching warning labels instead of outright banning them.

I was thinking from the perspective of incentivizing states to maintain restrictions.

Biden can't force the governors to behave in a certain way, but he can definitely nudge them in that direction. This is similar to taxing cigarettes and attaching warning labels instead of outright banning them.
I think it's actually a tough question, both approaches make sense. On the one hand, what Texas is doing is undoubtedly going to accelerate the spread and death toll so prioritizing vaccine distribution there would help curb that. On the other hand, it'd reward a state for reckless disregard of public health and would likely inspire others to do the same.

Your issue is with the use of "verbatim" ? :lol: At worst, it's substantially similar to your post. Stop trying to act all high and mighty when you literally said even if all the negatives he believes about Trump are true, then his ability to get the ever evasive "meaningful legislation" passed makes your support of him make sense. You're arguing semantics to deflect from your words and the fact that you are devoid of morality and any backbone.

I said I wasn’t going to respond further but I’m going to make an exception because this is ridiculous.

He posted that I said that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump. That is far more broad than any statement that support for Trump makes sense because of an ability to get certain legislation past an otherwise-obstructive GOP.

The problem is that people in here like to exaggerate statements to sensationalize them. That’s what happened and I called him on it. That statement that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump is not substantially similar to any post I’ve made. And it is certainly not verbatim.

I said I wasn’t going to respond further but I’m going to make an exception because this is ridiculous.

He posted that I said that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump. That is far more broad than any statement that support for Trump makes sense because of an ability to get certain legislation past an otherwise-obstructive GOP.

The problem is that people in here like to exaggerate statements to sensationalize them. That’s what happened and I called him on it. That statement that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump is not substantially similar to any post I’ve made. And it is certainly not verbatim.
Yeah but how’s your pedo support going?

Gotcha so Trump isn’t the face of the GOP. Totally makes sense

I see a ton of idiot Bernie Bros online happy and the Tanden thing. One of my friends even text me in celebration :smh:

The fact some people see this as a "progressive win" is pathetic. Even more pathetic some are thanking Manchin for his actions.

Joe Manchin sank her, and people buy it is because it is about bipartisanship. When in reality...

Last edited:

So, you want to highlight and praise the GOP when they do anything you can use to justify your support for them, but you want to distance yourself when it's not a good look for you.

I'm old enough to remember when you praised Republicans for "helping" to restore voting rights in Florida.

Everything the GOP is doing right now is a negative consequence of Trump's presidency.

They need to divert all Covid aid away from states that claim there isn’t a problem. Let’s see how the citizens react
I support routine temperature checks of all cars sporting FL, ND, and TX plates outside of their states.

I support routine temperature checks of all cars sporting FL, ND, and TX plates outside of their states.
Actually that's a good point. Mandatory 2-week quarantine for anyone entering from a state without a mask mandate should be immediately enforced by all left-leaning states.

Of the "freedoms" Texans love most, their favorite is being able to escape to California or NYC. Take that away from them, Gavin and Andrew.

Again, you’re taking umbrage at the wrong things. Your words were that if all the negative things he thought about Trump were true, then his ability to get “meaningful legislation” passed makes it worth it. That’s outrageous and despicable on its OWN. You don’t have any ground to stand on in terms of finger waving or needling other posters given what you stand for. It’s laughable and embarrassing for you to even try and act as if you do.

Back
Top Bottom