***Official Political Discussion Thread***

DEFUND THEM!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-063707_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-063707_Twitter.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
I mean the girl was trying to stab the girl in pink. Force was warranted since she didn’t stop. I mean it’s just a ****ed up situation.

It is. Wish this could have been a mistook the taser for a gun situation here. Columbus PD appear to be trash, but nothing's going to happen here. I told some people the fact that they were releasing the video so quick likely meant they felt it was justified. Bodycam video is good for these moments.

Could’ve attempted to taze or God forbid tackle her. Didn’t hesitate to shoot, potentially could’ve hit both of them.

That's what I said in the George Floyd thread. Pulling out a firearm in this situation is dangerous for the assailant and the assaulted. I don't want cops shooting in my direction if im getting stabbed. I have a better chance of surviving a stab wound.

I mean clearly assess the situation first. If it's Jason Vorhees with a machete maybe go ahead and unload the clip but this ain't that.

“Aim for the” is just in the movies. You shoot a leg and you can still bleed out above all and, add to that, it ain’t that easy. Small target = higher chance to miss and hit someone else. These are cops we’re talking about. They’re trained as much as a Walmart worker

like we needed more proof, but Fox News really let their *** hang all the way with the verdict. No pulled punches on their forced stance. A killer went to jail for killing someone on camera and they still have to play the other side of things.

That is an issue I have with the police force here in the states. They all shoot to kill since they go for the chest. When someone is running away from you, they shoot for the chest instead of the legs to just do a flesh wound. I mean I think it an officer can’t accurately shoot someone’s leg up to a certain distance they shouldn’t have a gun.

“Aim for the” is just in the movie. You shoot a leg and you can still bleed out above all and, add to that, it ain’t that easy. Small target = higher chance to miss and hit someone else. These are cops we’re talking about. They’re trained as much as a Walmart worker

You can bleed out, but you still have a chance of being taking to surgery to ligate the artery.

This is essentially what it comes down to.

That is an issue I have with the police force here in the states. They all shoot to kill since they go for the chest. When someone is running away from you, they shoot for the chest instead of the legs to just do a flesh wound. I mean I think it an officer can’t accurately shoot someone’s leg up to a certain distance they shouldn’t have a gun.
You can bleed out, but you still have a chance of being taking to surgery to ligate the artery.

This is essentially what it comes down to.
These are the same people that can’t tell the difference between a taser and a gun and y’all want them making extremely precise shots? In a perfect world I hope they would but I have no faith in any of them being able to do that. The first step to all this is taking away real ammunition. They should have nothing but rubber rounds at worst.

These are the same people that can’t tell the difference between a taser and a gun and y’all want them making extremely precise shots? In a perfect world I hope they would but I have no faith in any of them being able to do that. The first step to all this is taking away real ammunition. They should have nothing but rubber rounds at worst.

Problem is if the real criminals have actual guns you are going to ask them to fire rubber bullets at people with real bullets? Yea that’s not going to work. Plus we saw during the protests that the police don’t even know how to fire rubber bullets. They were firing them directly at people where you need to fire them at the ground first to take some of the speed off.

I have no rebuttal for this. :rofl:

And I don't know about "extremely precise". Like I said, I'm not robocop and I could have shot this girl in the leg easily.

Problem is if the real criminals have actual guns you are going to ask them to fire rubber bullets at people with real bullets? Yea that’s not going to work. Plus we saw during the protests that the police don’t even know how to fire rubber bullets. They were firing them directly at people where you need to fire them at the ground first to take some of the speed off.
Yeah I get all this. Again, I’m more likely to be shot by the police than a “real criminal”. I’ll take my chances. Side note, if anyone gets hit by a rubber bullet your *** is going down.

I have no rebuttal for this. :rofl:

And I don't know about "extremely precise". Like I said, I'm not robocop and I could have shot this girl in the leg easily.
I’m in NO way defending a cop, want to make that clear. It is very possible to aim at _______ instead of _________, I just have no faith they have the ability to do so. The “precise” comment came from the aiming at legs if they run. That’s pretty hard

Won't watch vid, but it sounds like she was a threat to someone else. My immediate thought is why not use a taser when the person who poses a threat only has a knife.

R.I.P.

I have a colleague who is a former marine batallan executive officer and . His take is that police don’t get nearly enough training to even be useful in combat and that policing is much more difficult.

His belief is that to be effective and make good decisions in these situations you need to override fight or flight which he thinks is impossible for most people. A few people make the right instinctual decision, but that’s just luck. Marines can just lean into fight or flight a bit, but you don’t want that in the US.

I asked how he felt about the guardsmen with rifles in the Oculus in Manhattan and he just shook his head, laughed, shrugged, and drank coffee.

We certainly have police brutality issues here too, I believe the NYT did a piece on it recently, but we have had some moderate success in charging cops who shoot to kill when other options would've sufficed.
The most noteable case I can think of is an officer getting charged and convicted for fatally shooting a deranged suspect charging at him from a distance with a knife with the intent to stab. The prosecution's argument was that because the suspect was charging from afar in a straight line, the officer had more than enough time to pull out his taser.
Pretty sure our police policy is that if you shoot, you only shoot to kill, but you're only supposed to use it in absolute emergencies where a taser wouldn't suffice.

Last edited:
I mean the girl was trying to stab the girl in pink. Force was warranted since she didn’t stop. I mean it’s just a ****ed up situation.
Problem is i've seen many a dangerous melee weapon wielding white person still make it out alive, countless vids of it on the net. People are saying what could you do, but we've all literally seen it, only with black and brown folks was there "no other way".

Back
Top Bottom