***Official Political Discussion Thread***

this whole "nobody wants to flip burgers in a pandemic for $250 a week" storyline is giving me the giggles.

whole piece is worth a few minutes of your Sunday, but here's a nice little nutshell:

A McDonald's manager said that, while his location has not brought back 24-hour service, it is still difficult to staff the first and last shifts of the day.

"We're kind of struggling to hire because the only people who are applying are teenagers," the McDonald's manager said.

...but I thought that's who these jobs were for??

I hope Trump gets the Vic treatment. Would be hilarious if Baron and Melanie get put in Witness Protection while Trump cuts a deal to put Roger Stone in prison. Imagine him having to draft 5 10 page single spaced reports. 😆🤣😂

this whole "nobody wants to flip burgers in a pandemic for $250 a week" storyline is giving me the giggles.

Good. I hope it stays that way.

They need to bootstrap their way out of their problems and quit crying.

soj9vxbubqw61.jpg

Denying workers in the global south economic and political sovereignty, but with woke aesthetics.

The CIA continues to be shameless as ever.

I'm surprised that you're surprised. When has shame ever bothered the agency?

Even if humans transcend the concept of nation-state and tear down borders, there will always be someone, somewhere gathering intelligence and acting upon it to gain some sort of advantage over designated enemies and adversaries. The CIA will not disappear; it will just morph into something else.

I'm surprised that you're surprised. When has shame ever bothered the agency?

Even if humans transcend the concept of nation-state and tear down borders, there will always be someone, somewhere gathering intelligence and acting upon it to gain some sort of advantage over designated enemies and adversaries. The CIA will not disappear; it will just morph into something else.

I’m not very surprised although the speed and universality of wokeness aesthetics spread into every elite institution is a little surprising. I also would have guessed, a few years ago, that a handful of elite institutions that recruit T1 law school and MBA grads would lean into the fact that they enforce hierarchy and exploit people with far less power.

Not that I expected Goldman Sachs or the FBI to put punisher decals on the doors to their office but there are still tons of reactionaries graduating from elite instiutions. I suppose the institutions, that recruit these graduates, just feel that they have to BS everyone about their new found commitments to social justice and they know that young, up and coming reactionaries will see through it.

Less elite but equally reactionary institutions, tasked with maintaining hierarchy, such as local law enforcement all project an inclusive imagine and they clearly don’t seem to have a problem getting white supremacists to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom