***Official Political Discussion Thread***

L4bnFSK.gif

I also would have guessed, a few years ago, that a handful of elite institutions that recruit T1 law school and MBA grads would lean into the fact that they enforce hierarchy and exploit people with far less power.

Not that I expected Goldman Sachs or the FBI to put punisher decals on the doors to their office but there are still tons of reactionaries graduating from elite instiutions. I suppose the institutions, that recruit these graduates, just feel that they have to BS everyone about their new found commitments to social justice and they know that young, up and coming reactionaries will see through it.

Less elite but equally reactionary institutions, tasked with maintaining hierarchy, such as local law enforcement all project an inclusive imagine and they clearly don’t seem to have a problem getting white supremacists to sign up.

That's the whole con, isn't it? Hiding the hierarchical socioeconomic structure behind the illusion of togetherness has always been an important feature of American propaganda, and up until a few years ago, it was working. How else do explain that the person making 35k feels they belong in the same economic class as the person making 85k? Both have considered themselves members of the middle class.

"You have to be asleep to believe in the American Dream." The thing is, the people who promote the American Dream are not sleeping.

holy **** even my anti-American *** will never forget the Sacred Patriot Oath...that's some next-level cynicism to imperialize that hard in your lifetime and not even care why.

I'm surprised they didn't carry him out on a cross or something after that.

edit- yes, forcing small children to memorize and recite a nationalist pledge is an obvious form of psychological abuse.

Last edited:
I can’t recite that thing anymore myself. But then again most of us don’t claim to be patriots :lol: . Honestly the late night shows should do this to all the MAGAs and interview them. See if they are as patriotic as they present themselves :lol:

I can’t recite any prayers either and I use to be in church often as hell between being forced at home and at school. But I also realized early that I’m never going to be religious so why bother storing useless information.

holy **** even my anti-American *** will never forget the Sacred Patriot Oath...that's some next-level cynicism to imperialize that hard in your lifetime and not even care why.

I'm surprised they didn't carry him out on a cross or something after that.

edit- yes, forcing small children to memorize a nationalist pledge is an obvious form of psychological abuse.
You know they are logically broken when they can recite the words "liberty" and "indivisible" without twitching at the concept of a General ordering American civilians to take off their hats and to place their hands on their heart. They probably thought the emotion of the moment rendered Flynn breathless.

Back
Top Bottom