***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I only wrote those paragraphs to Methodical Management Methodical Management because he wrote one to me. My entire point is that he’s not writing those paragraphs to you. Despite your posts.

I called you Geppetto after being called Delk for years (by you and others)—give me a break.
Meth has warned me and others about our behavior plenty. Including in this thread

For example, my discourse with another poster had become so problematic, he even threaten to ban me from NT if I didn't do better

He has probably done the same for many others

He probably doesn't feel the need to call out my behavior constantly, and publicly, because I took his warnings seriously and changed my behavior for the better

Unlike you

Meth has warned me and others about our behavior plenty. Including in this thread

For example, my discourse with another poster had become so problematic, he even threaten to ban me from NT if I didn't do better

He has probably done the same for many others

He probably doesn't feel the need to call out my behavior constantly, and publicly, because I took his warnings seriously and changed my behavior for the better

Unlike you

I have been warned privately. When I was warned about saying “yikes” I stopped. Now, other posters say it a bunch—including Meth—which is hilarious, but it is what it is. I don’t report those comments.

But I can ask be asked constantly about pedo support, womens’ privates, called Delk in post after post and then get publicly admonished for positing a CNN politics tweet in a *checks notes* political discussion thread and then commenting terrible if true to a post I was asked about multiple times (that I initially ignored).

I’ll give it to you that you at least addressed the public nature of it, so it isn’t lost on you. It isn’t lost on me either.

You and others are given quite a bit of leeway in here—at least publicly. Someone posted a tweet without comment on this page. But if I do it, it means I don’t want to engage in discussion and it’s only to antagonize.

I have been warned privately. When I was warned about saying “yikes” I stopped. Now, other posters say it a bunch—including Meth—which is hilarious, but it is what it is. I don’t report those comments.

But I can ask be asked constantly about pedo support, womens’ privates, called Delk in post after post and then get publicly admonished for positing a CNN politics tweet in a *checks notes* political discussion thread and then commenting terrible if true to a post I was asked about multiple times (that I initially ignored).

I’ll give it to you that you at least addressed the public nature of it, so it isn’t lost on you. It isn’t lost on me either.

You and others are given quite a bit of leeway in here—at least publicly. Someone posted a tweet without comment on this page. But if I do it, it means I don’t want to engage in discussion and it’s only to antagonize.
Stop acting like everything you do will be looked at in a vacuum.

People's opinions of you have been formed by years of bad behavior

The fact you have not been banned is reason enough why you should be thanking Meth instead of continuously complaining

1634079666644.gif

I only wrote those paragraphs to Methodical Management Methodical Management because he wrote one to me. My entire point is that he’s not writing those paragraphs to you. Despite your posts.

I called you Geppetto after being called Delk in the post I responded to (but I’m the one trying to bait?)—give me a break.
Homie I got more warnings than you have fries in your basket

Stop acting like everything you do will be looked at in a vacuum.

People's opinions of you have been formed by years of bad behavior

The fact you have not been banned is reason enough why you should be thanking Meth instead of continuously complaining

This post would make sense if I initiated the complaining with Meth—I didn’t.

I don’t complain about the constant nonsense in here—I mostly ignore it. But I did respond when Meth acted as if this thread is limited to good-faith discussions about politics—it isn’t. And the biggest offenders are certainly not those posting cnn politics tweets.

I guess I’m missing all of these attempted good-faith discussions with me.

Since you made your original post, I was asked about my pedo support—I didn’t comment (you didn’t either). I was also asked why I wanted to control womens’ privates—I didn’t comment, but I’ve spoken in depth about abortion policy in the past (you didn’t comment either). I was called Delk and a comment was made about me using lotion for my legs—I didn’t comment (you didn’t either, but you liked the message).

Recently, I mentioned RustyShackleford RustyShackleford in a post asking about watered-down legislation—he responded that he wouldn’t engage.

Where exactly is all of the good-faith discussion that people are having (or attempting to have) with me in this thread? It is mostly posters mentioning me to mock me, not to have any real meaningful discussion (even when I’m not posting). There are certainly trolls in this thread, that are seemingly ignored by you. And have been for years.

I post the links without comment because when I do comment, the response isn’t meaningful. It’s the same regurgitated questions regarding pedo support, womens’ privates, name-calling me Delk, asking me if “as a southern black man” I can call Trump a racist, etc. With no comment from you.

If this isn’t a political antagonism thread then it is certainly an antogonize dwalk31 dwalk31 thread. Any honest poster can see that.

I still post in here because I’m not letting posters bully me out of a thread with constant grade-school insults.

How about this: what political topic would you like my opinion on and/or to discuss? What question have I not directly addressed? We can discuss it whenever you like.

Same for anyone else in here.
You came into this thread concern trolling and sea lioning. You made it your business to play devil’s advocate for a rogues’ gallery of racists (denying their racism to this very day.) You taunted people who objected to an overtly bigoted administration and gleefully pointed at the scoreboard when things didn’t go their way.

You’re now angry that people possess working memories.

References to your tactics and positions both past and current are not out of bounds. Sorry.

What “good faith” discussions are you having? Have you talked about what you feel it would take to get those “good policies” implemented, which you only seem to reference when crowing about their legislative defeats?

Why is your “support” for Joe Biden so hard to spot compared to that for Donald Trump and his enablers? Do you not now have common cause with other posters here?

Good faith discussion occurs in this thread regularly. That it so seldom involves you is less evidence of a “double standard” than a reflection of your behavior.

You spent five years slinging feces and now you want people to shake your hand after 5 seconds of hand washing.

meanwhile, we got real problems over here....NT Secret Santa might be in jeopardy.

"It's important to remember that the goods movement system is a private sector-driven system," [White House "Bottleneck Czar" John Porcari] said. "There's problems in every single part of that system. And, they tend to compound each other.

"While the pandemic was an enormously disruptive force, I think it also laid bare what was an underlying reality, which was the system was strained before the pandemic."

meanwhile, we got real problems over here....NT Secret Santa might be in jeopardy.

There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks. The regulatory system that’s evolved has further concentrated risk by centralizing and standardizing oversight. It’s the same kind of thinking that‘s plagued the financial system and the digital world.

America ignored investment in the supply chain for decades

Let companies export vast amounts of it overseas, deindustrializing community after community, all in the name of cheaper prices and higher profits

Now it is coming to bite us in the ***, people gonna cry and complain

You can mind the supply chain and still take advantage of global trade and relative advantage. I don’t think the failure has been in deindustrialization so much as it’s been in the abandonment of governance: the offshoring of oversight. Although I think we do agree that unchecked greed is ultimately responsible, whatever the mechanism.

There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks. The regulatory system that’s evolved has further concentrated risk by centralizing and standardizing oversight. It’s the same kind of thinking that‘s plagued the financial system and the digital world.

You can mind the supply chain and still take advantage of global trade and relative advantage. I don’t think the failure has been in deindustrialization so much as it’s been in the abandonment of governance: the offshoring of oversight. Although I think we do agree that unchecked greed is ultimately responsible, whatever the mechanism.
You are absolutely correct. Especially on a country to country level this has always been a known risk of relying on just in time inventory.

However, COVID being a black swan level event is what makes this whole thing so much more serious on a global economy level. Normally, somebody, somewhere would pick up the slack and while the country usually recovering from a natural disaster or war and their clients would be screwed the “markets” would keep on ticking. This stressor on top of the other signs of stagnation (or even worse stagflation) should have everyone worried… I think our current global trade system is on thinner ice than most people realize, and while it’s definitely greed and stupidity that got us here. We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.

Back
Top Bottom