***Official Political Discussion Thread***

everybody wants to squeeze out marginal gains but don't think to protect against catastrophic losses.

Have a awesome week fellas. Be nice to each other and take life one day at a time
you can laugh, you can cry, you can express yourselves. but please, don't hurt each other, ok?

There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks.
Can't we just replace the entirety of Congress with systems engineers?
However, COVID being a black swan level event is what makes this whole thing so much more serious on a global economy level.
The thing about COVID is that it was a preventable event. Public health officials have been predicting exactly what we're going through, but they have been ignored by most of the people in charge because they have a such a hard-on for cost cutting and efficiency that they disregard the safety that comes with redundancy.

The same goes for climate change: climate experts have been warning about everything from the emergence of new diseases to the destruction of crops and resources necessary to modern life (like lumber), and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.

We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.

If the misery comes in the form of reduced consumption to. non-durable goods, then maybe it’s for the best. But I fear for us all when containers of sneakers takes precedence over medicines because that’s what the market demands.

, and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

- H. L. Mencken

We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.

If the misery comes in the form of reduced consumption to. non-durable goods, then maybe it’s for the best. But I fear for us all when containers of sneakers takes precedence over medicines because that’s what the market demands.

, and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H. L. Mencken

Can we make a big drive to get Obama to the Supreme Court for Breyer?

I don’t think Former-President Obama is interested in that position.

Merrick Garland is the most obvious choice, but I doubt Breyer steps down. It’d Look too much like the politicization of the Court by its officers.

Good faith discussion occurs in this thread regularly. That it so seldom involves you is less evidence of a “double standard” than a reflection of your behavior.

You spent five years slinging feces and now you want people to shake your hand after 5 seconds of hand washing.

This isn’t what’s happening; I’m not asking anyone to shake hands. I posted links without comment. Another poster mentioned me asking me a question multiple times, then I responded.

Then you remarked on how my posting the link without comment and my remark didn’t rise to the level of good-faith discussion.

You are saying I should be involved in good faith discussion and you are also explaining to me why posters don’t want to engage in good faith discussion with me. I can’t control who chooses to engage in good faith discussion with me. It doesn’t seem that you can either.

That’s why I offer the links without comment.

This isn’t what’s happening; I’m not asking anyone to shake hands. I posted links without comment. Another poster mentioned me asking me a question multiple times, then I responded.

Then you remarked on how my posting the link without comment and my remark didn’t rise to the level of good-faith discussion.

You are saying I should be involved in good faith discussion and you are also explaining to me why posters don’t want to engage in good faith discussion with me. I can’t control who chooses to engage in good faith discussion with me. It doesn’t seem that you can either.

That’s why I offer the links without comment.
You wear a maga hat to “spark conversation with strangers” 🤷🏽‍♂️

why do you want to control womens privates?

Apprently Manchin and Sinema have two different sets of priorities, that conflict and neither is willing to compromise

Sinema wants tax increases on the rich, and Medicare drug price negotiations out. But she is cool with climate stuff

Manchin wants the climate stuff cut, but is cool with Medicare negotiating prices, and tax increases on rich.

Apprently both want up to 200 billion for deficit reduction. On top of the 80 billion the House Dems want for SALT

It is a **** show

Apprently Manchin and Sinema have two different sets of priorities, that conflict and neither is willing to compromise

Sinema wants tax increases on the rich, and Medicare drug price negotiations out. But she is cool with climate stuff

Manchin wants the climate stuff cut, but is cool with Medicare negotiating prices, and tax increases on rich.

Apprently both want up to 200 billion for deficit reduction. On top of the 80 billion the House Dems want for SALT

It is a **** show

Is there any word on what the climate stuff means for credits towards electric cars? Like Tesla or the i4?

s t r i k e s z n

Matthew Loeb, president of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, said early Wednesday that unless an agreement is reached, 60,000 union members will begin a nationwide strike against the major studios on Oct. 18 at 12:01 a.m. Such a work stoppage would be catastrophic, halting production across the U.S.

we're talking movies, TV, live shows...definitely here for the entire industry getting a huge ****ing reality check.

Sinema needs to be confronted in public more often and taken to task on her bs. Preferably with more and more hostile encounters. And I don’t mean violent when I say hostile. But make her feel uncomfortable if she’s going to be intentionally ducking her constituents.
While I agree she nor Manchin are getting phased by any of that

Only real threat to them are their donors and corp. handlers

Back
Top Bottom