***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Other users are posting he had antifa imaging on his social media though. Idk what to believe
considering how the republicans tried to pin Antifa on the Jan 6 attack on the capitol and tried to whitewash the involvement of the proud boys, I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in this.

been hearing about this. Shoutout to everyone who bought when dealers panicked at the start. Sorry for everyone else.

Gas dropped 50 cents by me tonight at least…

been hearing about this. Shoutout to everyone who bought when dealers panicked at the start. Sorry for everyone else.

Gas dropped 50 cents by me tonight at least…

Yea I had a tough time getting a new lease in December. I eventually got a solid deal but man were they trying to really trying to dupe me.

Very messed up that there was a shooting on Independence day :smh:. R.i.p. Chicago victims.

Another one called in to talk about how everything about guns went bad when the gun culture became "africanized"

Murica took the smiley masks off and put on the hoods :lol: :smh:

I still don’t think antifa exists and it’s nothing more than a Republican boogie man.
You would be correct. Antifa is not an organized group - its a shared value of being anti fascist, aka anti GOP. Unless you group together everybody who's anti-fascist. So to the fascists on the far right, it is their boogeyman. And if they can spin a massacre they're responsible for, better believe their biggest ideological fear is going to be the scapegoat.

But middle America can't figure out who the bad guys are :rolleyes

Yeah I think at this point unless you can point to definitive evidence that the shooter was of a particular political alignment AND that the shooting was motivated by said political alignment, it's best to drop that angle.

I'd also imagine that most of these teenage/young adult mass shooters have a good deal of identity crisis going on--moreso than your average, non-murderous person that age already going through it.

I think the Left mostly does it to debunk the right wing fever swamp but I agree. The need to immediately cast political ideology for every mass shooter gets old

Like we don't already know what time it is when it comes to these young, isolated types. Maga/Trump supporter or not seems secondary to whatever it is radicalizing them in the first place

I agree that there should be no rush to assign motive in any particular mass shooting.

That said, it’s difficult to ignore the asymmetry in how violence is talked about on each side of the political aisle. And it’s likewise fair game to talk about how that drives actual outcomes when it comes to an environment of radicalization.

You can only blow a whistle into a crowd of rabid dogs so many times before one of them snaps.

The pre-covid economy was fragile, and covid did a number on it

I would be sympathetic if this (and rising gas prices) led to a move away from car dependent cities. But instead we've doubled down with bigger cars, more roads, more parking lots, and less density.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back
Top Bottom