***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The realization I've come to is that bikes simply cannot safely coexist on roads built primarily for the convenience of cars.

America lost that battle to Ford and Moses long ago.

This law may or may not make a small difference but until we're willing to reduce car lanes and put concrete barriers for bikers and pedestrians on every road, I'll never feel fully safe biking alongside cars.

I did a ride around the Napa valley, roughly 60 miles., and the cars going by at 65 is sketchy AF. Probably dont do it again although its beautiful.

Theres been plenty of studies that show rolling stops for cyclist is indeed safer than stopping.

Representing a state with massive power and water concerns and playing chicken with an infrastructure bill to shill for a small segment of the mega-rich

Sort of surprised that wasn't a deal break for Manchin. Not that it was much money but it's the narrative he could have told and the general symbolism

From the Jon Stewart/Tucker Carlson tweet posted earlier I found this.

Apparently Gaetz is the same height as Jon at 5’6” (but claims 5’7”). I didn’t realise Gym was so short.

1659732126603.png

As a cyclist I like that law and hope California adapts something similar. When I ride downtown and there is a stop or red light in a low traffic area its annoying having to clip out and wait. I usually slow down, check for traffic and roll through stop signs if they're a four way stop, as well as red lights. In areas with high traffic I definitely wait at lights though because that's just too dangerous. Those laws aren't meant for cyclist to just ride through them but treat them as yields.

It is annoying to have to clip out and wait and I agree with you. The challenge is these drivers are so reckless and careless that anything we as cyclists can do to limit our risk of death, including following traffic rules as if we were in a car I will do.

It is annoying to have to clip out and wait and I agree with you. The challenge is these drivers are so reckless and careless that anything we as cyclists can do to limit our risk of death, including following traffic rules as if we were in a car I will do.
Nah I get it trust me. That's why I only do it on intersection with low traffic. Everywhere else I'm following traffic laws.

"I just lost respect for a once great Tennessee company," one person commented. Another comment said: "Not going to happen! Cracker Barrel used to be so good, we looked forward to eating in them but not anymore," while another person wrote "bad choice." Others expressed skepticism that the product would taste good. Several commenters decried the "woke" addition to the menu.

:lol: :lol:

A perfect city has no cars, just bikes and buses
and subways in bigger cities.

what gets me is that liberals and Democrats aren't much better on this issue than Republicans. more EVs seems to be enough to placate the left without appreciating all the downsides of cars other than emissions. this goes hand-in-hand with both parties being nimby and against new housing and increased density.

China halts ties with US on range of critical issues including climate crisis​

China has halted ties with the US on a range of critical issues, from talks on the climate crisis to dialogue between their militaries, following the visit to Taiwan by the US House speaker, Nancy Pelosi.

The announcement of the counter-measures came as Beijing conducted military drills surrounding the island of Taiwan. Earlier, China announced sanctions against Pelosi and her direct family members. Beijing called Pelosi’s visit “vicious and provocative actions”.

The halted interactions ranged from climate talks, to dialogues between the leaders of Chinese and US military theatres, to the working meeting of Chinese and US defence ministries and consultation mechanism on maritime military safety between the countries.

Tensions are running high in the Taiwan strait. The military drills have forced a number of vessels to reroute their journeys, causing disruptions to regional – and global – economies. On average, 240 commercial ships have passed through the maritime zones each day over the past week, according to Lloyd’s List Intelligence data.

Earlier, the US condemned China’s launch of ballistic missiles around Taiwan during live-fire exercises as an “overreaction”, as a number of Chinese ships and planes again crossed the median line.

From the Jon Stewart/Tucker Carlson tweet posted earlier I found this.

Apparently Gaetz is the same height as Jon at 5’6” (but claims 5’7”). I didn’t realise Gym was so short.

1659732126603.png
You can’t tell me they don’t look like the main characters from dumb and dumber. Just some reprehensible human beings who spend more time chasing the spotlight than doing their jobs.

China halts ties with US on range of critical issues including climate crisis​

China has halted ties with the US on a range of critical issues, from talks on the climate crisis to dialogue between their militaries, following the visit to Taiwan by the US House speaker, Nancy Pelosi.

The announcement of the counter-measures came as Beijing conducted military drills surrounding the island of Taiwan. Earlier, China announced sanctions against Pelosi and her direct family members. Beijing called Pelosi’s visit “vicious and provocative actions”.

The halted interactions ranged from climate talks, to dialogues between the leaders of Chinese and US military theatres, to the working meeting of Chinese and US defence ministries and consultation mechanism on maritime military safety between the countries.

Tensions are running high in the Taiwan strait. The military drills have forced a number of vessels to reroute their journeys, causing disruptions to regional – and global – economies. On average, 240 commercial ships have passed through the maritime zones each day over the past week, according to Lloyd’s List Intelligence data.

Earlier, the US condemned China’s launch of ballistic missiles around Taiwan during live-fire exercises as an “overreaction”, as a number of Chinese ships and planes again crossed the median line.

I hope the intel says this trip was needed at a deterrent for invasion because they really kicked the Hornets nest to do it.

As a truck driver and motorcycle rider cars are menaces mostly. People hop behind the wheel and turn brain dead.

I had someone rear end me last week in an oversized semi at a red light. Imagine if I was a bike or motorcycle. People are idiots and always act like they don’t see you because they won’t.

I never stop for cross walks on my motorcycle. Not because I hate pedestrians. I know I’ll just get run over. I always filter up at red lights too even though it’s illegal. I’ll pay a ticket over getting smoked by a lady in a jeep.

Back
Top Bottom