***Official Political Discussion Thread***

They're also mad about it because the course planned to dive deeper into the Haitian revolution, BLM, and the reparations movement.

Can't wait for the next few decades, when there will be controversy about how MLK died.

- he was shot on a balcony.
- are you sure? We didn't learn that in school. In fact, nobody knows how he died.

I legit lost hope, in a lot of people.

But actually seeing my girl go thru some CRT bs with her job, got me really feeling a type of way. Like, I heard the call they were on, and how the white teachers felt uneasy about teaching a standard book about black culture. Wild ****.

I think Desantis pushing his hand on something he can’t speak to on a national level may come back to hurt him. Cuz some of us have been really sleep, and coddled and distracted by the BS. Lost sight of history in a meaningful way. And its disheartening

But anyway, Luke could use better wording, but here is where I’m at with it.

I like how old boy put this together too.

The same old, same old…but us being distracted by the nonsense and inactivity is only going to make **** worse :smh:

In 2016 Sam Harris was outchea saying that the Black Lives Matter movement and the Alt-Right were two sides of the same coin

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn **** Sam Harris

People warned him that was going to happen. and he was happy to get the NYT press

His big issue with the left was them criticizing racist *** Charles Murray. And throwing a fit when Ezra Klein called him out.

I’m listening now. The host tried to tell him how obvious it was in real time, he keeps going…”weeeellll……”

People like him, and his orbit might be the legit worst of all. Seemingly knowing better, with accesses and resources and knowledge plus people to do better…and instead, lean into what’s the easiest to them. Resentment and racism.

Truly the “white liberal” that was warned about. That ironically, their new audience likes to cast on others. The worst of the worst.

STUPID-THINGS-REPUBLICANS-ARE-OUTRAGED-ABOUT_DaveWhamond.jpg
I think Furries are a bipartisan issue and shouldn't be included on here. We should all be concerned about them.

Yeah, but that’s not fair at all - it massively punishes people on lower incomes.

We should be removing things that higher earners can put against their taxes and reducing the rates overall (or moving the band at which you pay up the way) which helps those who need it the most.

Yeah, but that’s not fair at all - it massively punishes people on lower incomes.

We should be removing things that higher earners can put against their taxes and reducing the rates overall (or moving the band at which you pay up the way) which helps those who need it the most.

Well that’s why it’s not popular in any developed country. It’s a regressive tax.

Thing is well off people don’t get some miracle deductions that people think of. The big difference between a wealthy person and a normal person, and by normal person I’m talking about someone who makes up to $2 million per year for simplicity sakes is their source of income. A normal person makes their money through employment income which has higher income taxes plus employment tax. Wealthy people make a majority of their income from capital gains and reinvestments which have a max or 23.8% federal rate. It’s a difference of 13.2% in its current application and more once you layer on employment taxes.

There are no wild deductions wealthy people really get. There are timing differences you can setup and such through trusts that can help avoid taxes through setup up basis. But that’s generational transfer of wealth which is a touchy topic which people don’t understand fully so they get uppity about it really quickly. Even though the limitations won’t touch 98% of people if not even more.

Charles McGonigal, who was the special agent in charge of counterintelligence in the FBI's New York Field Office, is under arrest over his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions.
McGonigal retired from the FBI in 2018. He was arrested Saturday afternoon after he arrived at JFK Airport following travel in Sri Lanka, the sources said.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-searches-dc-home-russian-oligarch-ties-kremlin/story?id=80666533
McGonigal pleaded not guilty to the four-count indictment unsealed Monday in Manhattan.
The judge ordered him released on a $500,000 personal recognizance bond plus restrictions on his travel and prohibitions on contacting anyone associated with the case.

Speaking of… RustyShackleford RustyShackleford favorite pundits are infighting :lol:

Matty Y, trying to re-align at the last minute is hilarious. Never take any of these people serious again

This has always been Matty's schtick, trying to act like the brave truth-telling centrist in a room of out-of-control progressives

He is a self-absorbed **** poster that is constantly high on his own supply. He needlessly antagonizes people and then acts like they don't like him because they can't handle his truth-telling

Back when he was a blogger, he was crapping on progressives for being anti-Iraq War and flipped his position within weeks and then was big anti-war, and mocked people that pointed it out

He wrote nonsense about overseas sweatshops being a good thing, and when people called him out he tried to hide behind some tired labor economics

The dude peddled nonsense on his way out of Vox. Acting like he couldn't just handle the work environment, never mentioning the money Substack threw at him, his coworkers mostly called BS on him too

He mocked young black people on his show that felt the fight for justice was becoming hopeless

Dude got a serious case of Twitter brain, but goes on and on about how progressives let Twitter warp their worldview

He wrote this long article going off on progressives and Dems talking about the midterms will be a disaster because they didn't listen to his advice, but then they weren't a disaster so he cherry-picked some examples to act like he was still right all along.

He recently wrote an Op-Ed defending George Santos saying in Congress, and followed up with his yearly "MLK would have agreed with me" post

He doesn't write public policy as well as Krugman, he doesn't produce centrist analysis as well as Chait or even the staff at Washington Monthly. people can get better info elsewhere.

The only thing he might be good for now is that he links to some interesting public policy articles on his Twitter. But I stopped going on his because of his **** posting. This man is 40

But he has mastered a certain type of punditry that a lot of people like the "well actually I am always right" . A certain crowd just eats up

I will hand it to him, dude is like the DJ Akamedics of the left-wing pundit world, a smart guy that has mastered how to get eyes on him and monetize his online content well.

But both rely on antagonizing people and are at their core full of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom