***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Meatball Ron
sabu (1).png
I don't think Seth Meyers is that funny, but this got me...

During a now infamous private plane ride from Florida to Washington, D.C. in March of 2019, DeSantis was served a chocolate pudding dessert. This would be unremarkable, except that he apparently didn’t care that there was no silverware: He consumed the pudding using three of his fingers, according to two sources familiar with the moment, like a toddler.

That image stuck with others, including comedian Seth Meyers, who hilariously laid into DeSantis on the behavior:

You ate pudding with your fingers?! That’s not very DeSanitary. You don’t get to use your fingers to eat pudding. Here are the rules: If you have pudding, but you don’t have a spoon, then you don’t have pudding.
Myers advised DeSantis to eat more like Donald Trump. And he asked his viewers,

If you were on a plane next to a guy who was fingerblasting Swiss Miss and asked to move and the flight attendant said, ‘The only open seat’s next to a dude eating KFC with a knife and fork,’ you’d say: ‘Yeah, I guess in this case it beats the pudding dude.’

The imaginary is just wild :lol:

They have to be capping. What did they do in college? Go home biweekly to have their moms do their laundry. Also ole boy must not know how to use the internet. You can google laundry services that will come to the crib, pick up your dirty clothes, wash them and deliver them back the next day. All around failure of a human being.
My wife’s Dad is 60 and doesn’t know how to do laundry :lol:. Albeit, he’s French, lived with his parents while he was in college/med school and has basically been married all of his adult life. Still INSANE

aint "meatball" a slur for Italians? if I was an Italian U S of American soi boi lib snowflake I'd be mad
Yea, basically why Trump had to put out a statement saying that he wasn’t going to use it. I didn’t even know it was a slur tbh. Didn’t really grow up around Italians in SW Ohio :lol:

Yea, basically why Trump had to put out a statement saying that he wasn’t going to use it. I didn’t even know it was a slur tbh. Didn’t really grow up around Italians in SW Ohio :lol:

I'm honestly shocked at the #civility here, wild that blatant racism is the absolute floor not to cross

I started doing my own laundry in 8th grade

The only thing I hated about it was ironing my clothes. Then I discovered the mattress and box spring trick, and it was smoothing sailing them from then on.

But I know some young people that don't know how to do it. Mainly because they haven't left their parent's house yet

My mom made me start doing my laundry in middle school because I’d always ask her to wash my favorite clothes to wear them all the time.

Is meatball really a slur or is that like when hr told us we can’t use the term “ball park” anymore because it might offend people who can’t play baseball.

I’m not making that up btw.

Famb….what the hell is this :lol: I think conservatives take it too far with the “America is getting soft” rhetoric but this is entirely too far. This basically eliminates all sports metaphors. Can’t say “Hail Mary” because it’s sexist since women can’t play football. Can’t say “dropped the ball” because it is offensive to people with bad hands :smh:

My mom made me start doing my laundry in middle school because I’d always ask her to wash my favorite clothes to wear them all the time.

Same here. I think I was maybe 15 when I learned how to do it. I still do it today. Wash all my wife's clothes and make sure her work clothes are done per the instructions on the garment.

And I'm also a wiz at ironing!

I rarely did my laundry even til now. learned the basics when I went on my own and there was no washing machine in the outbacks. so I had to do manual hands-on laundry and got used to it. stopped doing laundry and sent my dirty clothes and stuff to the general laundry utility once a week which clothes and stuff can get lost in circulation. reason I quite doing my laundry was, I encountered a snake in the garden. as to what type of snake it was.....
it's this guy....

Attachments

• desert cobra.jpeg
    desert cobra.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 478
Famb….what the hell is this :lol: I think conservatives take it too far with the “America is getting soft” rhetoric but this is entirely too far. This basically eliminates all sports metaphors. Can’t say “Hail Mary” because it’s sexist since women can’t play football. Can’t say “dropped the ball” because it is offensive to people with bad hands :smh:

Idk man, they say some wild **** at my job sometimes. :lol:

Nobody listens and they can’t fire us. It’s all just theatrics from the higher ups.

Shout out to the George Floyd mural in the lobby while they have one of the most scum police forces they employ.

My wife’s Dad is 60 and doesn’t know how to do laundry :lol:.
My wife is constantly irritated at how helpless my dad is. He tried to put a metal dish in my microwave… “it’s an oven, right”

Two Ivy League degrees couldn’t undo being the only son in a Mexican family.

Throw it in the washer,
Ok
adjust settings,
Yeah
wait XX minutes, throw them in the dryer, wait XX minutes,
With you
Lost me. Unlike my dad I can fold my laundry. But this was definitely one of the first things that got outsourced

Can’t say “Hail Mary” because it’s sexist since women can’t play football. Can’t say “dropped the ball” because it is offensive to people with bad hands :smh:

It’s less about what you can and can’t say and more about being conscientious about how your words will hit different kinds of people. If you got sports illiterate people in the audience, the metaphor isn’t even effective, so better for everyone to rephrase.

Ultimately that’s always what it’s about: just trying to be considerate of differences. If you’re thoughtful and the phrase makes sense, eat a meatball and go for it. Just be prepared to take the hit if you get it wrong.

At least that’s what I tell my Junior guys.

It’s less about what you can and can’t say and more about being conscientious about how your words will hit different kinds of people. If you got sports illiterate people in the audience, the metaphor isn’t even effective, so better for everyone to rephrase.

Ultimately that’s always what it’s about: just trying to be considerate of differences. If you’re thoughtful and the phrase makes sense, eat a meatball and go for it. Just be prepared to take the hit if you get it wrong.

At least that’s what I tell my Junior guys.

Totally, I am with you on this point. Having said that, for senior leadership to get together somehow have this even come up and the consensus conclusion being “Let’s tell our employees they can’t use ballpark because it is offensive to people who can’t play baseball” is wild to me. I am sure it has to with folks saying “ballpark” in relation to salary but to ban the word with that reasoning?

I am very conscientious of my word choice and I would never think to have that on my list of no-nos. I think I just find it particularly interesting and funny because I think that is what I use/have used when interviewing so now I am curious if anyone was offended :lol:

Been telling y’all about Meth’s America

My wife’s Dad is 60 and doesn’t know how to do laundry :lol:. Albeit, he’s French, lived with his parents while he was in college/med school and has basically been married all of his adult life. Still INSANE

He knows how to do laundry… he’s just acting like he doesn’t. :lol:

Just like a wise husband once told me when I was fresh out of college… “**** up some expensive clothes in the washing machine at the start of the relationship… sure it’ll cost you some money, but you won’t be asked to do the laundry again.”

Your father in law is just playing a different level of chess.

Totally, I am with you on this point. Having said that, for senior leadership to get together somehow have this even come up and the consensus conclusion being “Let’s tell our employees they can’t use ballpark because it is offensive to people who can’t play baseball” is wild to me. I am sure it has to with folks saying “ballpark” in relation to salary but to ban the word with that reasoning?

I am very conscientious of my word choice and I would never think to have that on my list of no-nos. I think I just find it particularly interesting and funny because I think that is what I use/have used when interviewing so now I am curious if anyone was offended :lol:

They focus on the most random stuff that is a non issue but it is what it is. :lol: in one ear and out the other, I just stay out of the politics and keep it pushing.

they try to bubble wrap everything, this HR lady who is scared of her own shadow once gave a presentation on ice. my job is in Minnesota and my only purpose is to keep the airfield and roads ice/snow free enough no to cause delays, we all know about ice. :lol:

anyways she insisted we wear ice cleats in the winter, no one did except her because that's a stupid idea. WELL her ice cleats didn't work so well, as soon as she got in the building and slipped on tile and broke her hip. every day at my job is like an episode of the office.

They have to be capping. What did they do in college? Go home biweekly to have their moms do their laundry. Also ole boy must not know how to use the internet. You can google laundry services that will come to the crib, pick up your dirty clothes, wash them and deliver them back the next day. All around failure of a human being.

It’s the only chore most students have.

I wouldn’t brag about doing nothing around the house.

He knows how to do laundry… he’s just acting like he doesn’t. :lol:

Just like a wise husband once told me when I was fresh out of college… “**** up some expensive clothes in the washing machine at the start of the relationship… sure it’ll cost you some money, but you won’t be asked to do the laundry again.”

Your father in law is just playing a different level of chess.

This is the funniest **** I have read in awhile :lol:

Then, they get mad when their wives refer to them as their children :lol:
It’s the only chore most students have.

I wouldn’t brag about doing nothing around the house.

I’m saying bro! I won’t front, I’m hiring someone for most handy work and anything outside if I am not living in a condo. But all that other ****, I can take care of. Basically what I do now as a bachelor :lol:

I didn’t really start cooking until last year either. I can cook for myself although when I do, I mostly just make simple stuff but it’s usually plant-based proteins and/or veggies. Cooking was a huge thing in terms of household responsibilities with my ex, though. Ole girl told me we couldn’t get engaged until I could make three solid meals :wow::smh: Definitely wouldn’t have made it past the night if I said I couldn’t do laundry :lol:

Back
Top Bottom