Official Premier League 07-08 Post

oh no! good performance by west ham
smile.gif

great to see Eduardo finally breakout a bit today in the prem.

shaky performance but good win in the end

pimp.gif
spurs might not be one of the best top 4 teams in the premiership (yet) ...but they are def one of the top 4 most entertaining

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

just wondering. how many people on here have attended a match of a club that you support? non friendly of course.

I always get front row seats in my living room
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Manure couldnt beat crappy West Ham.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Tottenham. The real reason why that team will never be any good is because they dont play defence.

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

wow hoosiers4life that was a terrible argument....if ronaldo goes down we'll finish third?....first of all if ronaldo can get injrued than so can fabregas and ronaldos never had injury problems...your telling me toure isnt going to be missed? the only games united has lost was when rooney and ronaldo were both off...i doubt that will happen again.

you sir are ******ed. please go masturbate and cry to your shrek and gay boy ronaldo. what does that say about your team? without either rooney or ronaldo manu is +@%#
Edit: Temporarily banned for a personalattack.

you're kidding right? what are you talking about? arsenal has been without RVP for more than half their season and they're still winning games. thusaccording to your arguement i conclude that arsenal > man u, because man u can't win without rooney or ronaldo.

to the guy regarding watching games live-

thats true a lot of people here havent had the chance to watch the team they cheer for live, but i have been lucky enough to watch arsenal 3 times.

once at the bernabeu
and twice at highbury

[h3]FA Cup Round 3[/h3] [h4]Turf Moor[/h4]
Sunday, January 06, 2008, 2pm

90.gif

[h3]Burnley[/h3] [h4]0[/h4]

4421.gif

[h3]Arsenal[/h3] [h4]2[/h4]
Eduardo 9, Bendtner 75

By Richard Clarke

Goals from Eduardo and Nicklas Bendtner gave Arsenal safe passage to the FA Cup Fourth Round with a 2-0 win at Burnley on Sunday.

The Croatian completed a cool finish after only nine minutes, his sixth goal in his last four starts for the club. The Championship side did have their momentsin a highly-competitive first half but their challenge faded on the hour after Kyle Lafferty received a straight red card for a foul on Gilberto.

Fifteen minutes from time, Bendtner ended the argument when he danced around the keeper and slotted home.

Saturday had seen a number of FA Cup shocks but, if Burnley pulled off a win this afternoon, it would have dominated the back pages for days.

That was never on. Arsenal were competent, composed and controlled as, once again, they avoided this perennial banana skin.

They march on.

Wenger had said his side would be "a mixture" and he was good as his word. Only three were retained from the starting XI against West Ham on NewYear's Day. Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure were playing their last game before going to African Nations Cup. Eduardo was asked to continue his strikingsuccess over the festive period.

The Croatian's partner was Bendtner, who was back from suspension. Gilberto and Denilson formed an all-Brazilian central midfield while Armand Traore camein at left back for only his second start in this competition. Johan Djourou named on the bench for the first time since returning from his loan spell atBirmingham. He was joined there by two Carling Cup wannabees - Mark Randall, 18, and Henri Lansbury, 17.

Burnley had been struggling in the Championship under new manager Owen Coyle recently but Turf Moor was buzzing with anticipation for Arsenal's first visitin over 30 years.

And the Clarets nearly took the lead with their opening attack in the fifth minute. Andy Gray escaped down the right-hand side and crossed to the far postwhere Lafferty arrived to power a header against the bar. The ball bounced down and Arsenal scrambled it away but the effort could only go down as a majorlet-off for the visitors.

Wenger's men had hardly settled but, in the ninth minute, they snaffled the opening goal. It was not a clear chance. Toure's chipped pass forward sentEduardo through but the bobbling ball would not come down and the 24-year-old was being pursued by a couple of Burnley defenders. However the Croatian is fastbecoming the coolest finisher in the top flight. He took his time before tapping a trickling shot past Gabor Kiraly and just inside the upright

It was harsh on Burnley but you don't always get what you deserve in FA Cup football. They responded with what you would expect - gusto. Gray threaded ashot through and then Robbie Blake thundered a drive over the bar. However you sensed that Arsenal were relatively comfortable with the situation. Theyexpected the home side's onslaught and were confident they could cope with it. They were also causing the home side some problems on the break.

In the 20th minute, Arsenal might have grabbed a second when Gilberto met Denilson's corner with a stooping header. It deflected towards Graham Alexanderat the near post and he scrambled the ball off the line.

Burnley continued to pressure but the visitors continued to enjoy the best opportunities. Most of them fell to Eboue on the right. He hammered the best chanceover the bar midway through the half and then he nearly flicked the ball past Kiraly from close-range.

Eight minutes from the break, Traore dallied over his clearance at the far post and Wade Elliot harried him into a mistake. Chris McCann blazed his effort overthe bar when he should have done better.

Kiraly saved Bendtner's overhead kick just before half-time but, at the interval, Arsenal were content.

They should have all but completed the victory six minutes after the restart when Bendtner found Eduardo unmarked 12 yards out. It was a much morestraightforward opportunity than the ones he had netted recently against Everton, West Ham and earlier this afternoon. However he steered an inexplicable shota yard wide.

Burnley might have responded in the best fashion when Blake's free-kick picked out the unmarked McCann at the far post but, wastefully, he nodded over thebar from six yards out.

The Clarets were perhaps exercising their last throw of the dice. Certainly Lafferty gambled and lost on the hour when he caught Gilberto on the knee with anasty-looking challenge. Referee Alan Wiley had little option but to send off the Northern Irish international.

The dismissal only fuelled a match that was already starting to boil. Senderos nodded Elliot's cross off the head of Gray as the Burnley striker threatenedat the far post.

However, 15 minutes from time, Arsenal made the game safe. Eduardo exploited gaping holes in the Burnley defence to feed Bendtner. The Dane skipped around thekeeper and tucked his shot past Kiraly.

Burnley were now a spent force. Two goals and one man down, they failed to mount a response.

Arsenal held on with comfort. But, in a straightforward afternoon, they had barely been out of their comfort zone from the moment Eduardo had given them theadvantage.

This weekends fixtures

[table][tr][td]Sat 12th January 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arsenal[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Birmingham[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aston Villa[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Reading[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chelsea[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Tottenham[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Ham Utd[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Fulham[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Everton[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Manchester City[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Derby County[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Wigan Athletic[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Middlesbrough[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Liverpool[/td] [td]15:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Man Utd[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Newcastle[/td] [td]17:15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
0,,12306%7E3334626,00.gif
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 13th January 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunderland[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Portsmouth[/td] [td]13:30[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
0,,12306%7E3334627,00.gif
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bolton[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Blackburn[/td] [td]16:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
0,,12306%7E3334627,00.gif
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder where all the bandwagon arsenol fans are....i bet they prob didnt even see the game...o wait it was on fsc so they prob saw it wheneating there coco puffs

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder where all the bandwagon arsenol fans are....i bet they prob didnt even see the game...o wait it was on fsc so they prob saw it when eating there coco puffs

U Madd?
Why all the hate?

^bc u guys got dominated by birmingham.....DOMINATED....they could have gotten at least three goals with a decent striker

^I can't really say much because I had a late night last night and didn't wake up for the match this morning but i'm watching the 8:00 replay sowe'll see...

to be honest i think arsenal are a great team when fully healthy just like united....

except u guys will be missing toure for some time and that will be huge

looks like saha is out again. i think these rumors of saf looking at other strikers are because i think hes finally(hopefully) realised that saha is a walkinginjury waiting to happen. guy is beyond injury prone. hopefully they cut him lose this summer.

Back
Top Bottom