Official Questions You Always Wanted to Know the Answer to Thread. Vol Say Word?

My question is, is it ok to shoot someone if they are trying to rob your car/house and not get in trouble.  Like if a guy pulls a knife out on me and I have one as well technically it's me or him right?  And if i win im off the hook?

The Bible says you are supposed to turn the other cheek. You have to let him rob you and/or stab you.

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

My question is, is it ok to shoot someone if they are trying to rob your car/house and not get in trouble.  Like if a guy pulls a knife out on me and I have one as well technically it's me or him right?  And if i win im off the hook?
Depends on the state.

Colorado has a law like this where if someone makes a life threatening gesture on your property you can dead them without recourse. It's called the "make my day" law.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Conditions of use[/h2]
Each state differs with respect to the specific instances in which the Castle Doctrine can be invoked, and what degree of retreat or non-deadly resistance (if any) is required before deadly force can be used.

In general, one (sometimes more) of a variety of conditions must be met before a person can legally use the Castle Doctrine:
  • An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully and/or forcibly enter an occupied home, business or car.
  • The intruder must be acting illegally—e.g. the Castle Doctrine does not give the right to attack officers of the law acting in the course of their legal duties
  • The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death upon an occupant of the home
  • The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to commit some other felony, such as arson or burglary
  • The occupant(s) of the home must not have provoked or instigated an intrusion, or provoked or instigated an intruder to threaten or use deadly force
  • The occupant(s) of the home may be required to attempt to exit the house or otherwise retreat (this is called the "Duty to retreat" and most self-defense statutes referred to as examples of "Castle Doctrine" expressly state that the homeowner has no such duty)
In all cases, the occupant(s) of the home must be there legally, must not be fugitives from the law, must not be using the Castle Doctrine to aid or abet another person in being a fugitive from the law, and must not use deadly force upon an officer of the law or an officer of the peace while they are performing or attempting to perform their legal duties.

Note: the term "home" is used because most states only apply their Castle Doctrine to a place of residence; however, some states extend the protection to other legally-occupied places such as automobiles and places of business.

laugh.gif

It's like idk i always thought it's a lose lose situation. Like I'm just supposed to LET someone rob my $45,000 with thousands of dollars in accessories and not do anything!?!? If someone tries to break into my house im gonna ++!+ them up, straight up. No if ands or buts. I walk around with concealed weapons and SAP gloves everyday...

It's like idk i always thought it's a lose lose situation. Like I'm just supposed to LET someone rob my $45,000 with thousands of dollars in accessories and not do anything!?!? If someone tries to break into my house im gonna ++!+ them up, straight up. No if ands or buts. I walk around with concealed weapons and SAP gloves everyday...

o_O... What if i was hungry and wanted to make a sandwich in your kitchen.

Originally Posted by infamousod

self-defense laws regarding your own property vary by state.
Yep. There was a woman last year who was charged with a felony because she shot at an intruder. I guess the law says that she could only shoot him if he was aggressive towards her, and they both admitted he hadn't made any advances to hurt her, but she thought if she didn't shoot him, he'd kill and/or rape her. So it was a do or die situation in her eyes. I think the charges were dismissed.

i think its - if theyre robbing your house, you have the right to shoot them w/out consequences. if they robbed your house and theyre running away, you cannot shot them.

Originally Posted by Defontes

i think its - if theyre robbing your house, you have the right to shoot them w/out consequences. if they robbed your house and theyre running away, you cannot shot them.
There was a movie about a dude going to prison because of this

It's like idk i always thought it's a lose lose situation. Like I'm just supposed to LET someone rob my $45,000 with thousands of dollars in accessories and not do anything!?!? If someone tries to break into my house im gonna +@@@ them up, straight up. No if ands or buts. I walk around with concealed weapons and SAP gloves everyday...

sap gloves?

now thats just being a vagina.

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

Why is it that in dreams you cant move your arms or legs in that dream
Because you can't move them in reality. When you begin sleeping, your body sends inhibition (basically, commands to stay still) to your limbs and suppresses all of your movements as much as it can.

So, when you can't move in your dream, it's because your brain is suppressing your bodily movements. And when you're reaching for something in a dream before you wake up, your arm will often be extended.

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

Why somtimes my piss stream is like a spray bottle. Not one steady stream.
Tiny pieces of lint from your pants/underwear gets into your urethra and alters the path of your urine.

Back
Top Bottom