Official Ramadan Thread, Vol. We starvin

Salam Alaikum.

I will begin observing Ramadan tomorrow. Can't lie it will be tough, since it's the height of the summer, it's hot and we'll be fasting longer. I can't say I've been on my deen lately, but Ramadan always seems to come around just in time to get me back on the right path.

Much respect to my brothers during this journey. Although i am not muslim, i respect your beliefs and hope nothing but the best during this time.

Salam Alaikum

Ramadan is about to start and its 110 outside.....awesome |I

Its really not that bad after doing it for so many years.

Ramadan is about to start and its 110 outside.....awesome
tired.gif

Its really not that bad after doing it for so many years.
Idk how you do it out there mashallah to you tho b.

Gonna be working out at Citi Field for the All Star Game for a couple of days next week too 
sick.gif

Idk how you do it out there mashallah to you tho b.

Gonna be working out at Citi Field for the All Star Game for a couple of days next week too 
sick.gif

In Dubai and its been brutal :smh:

It's my first time in the ME for Ramadan s it's crazy how things shut down for a few weeks

Salam Alaikum :D
Toronto checking in, can't lie mad excited! Love how everyone comes together friends family, people you won't seen in the longest. May Allah accept our saum, answer our dua's and help our brothers&sisters who are struggling through adverse conditions.

How y'all managing your gym time? And diet? :smh:

Btw can't wait for samosa's...drool face

In Dubai and its been brutal
mean.gif

It's my first time in the ME for Ramadan s it's crazy how things shut down for a few weeks
being out there during Ramadan is amazing man, everyone is just going through it together, less temptation, a lot better out there IMO

Toronto checking in, can't lie mad excited! Love how everyone comes together friends family, people you won't seen in the longest. May Allah accept our saum, answer our dua's and help our brothers&sisters who are struggling through adverse conditions.

You only get samosas during Ramadan? Damn. Gotta change your avy, too bro! :lol:

Toronto checking in...fam dat avy tho.... :frown:

yeah i'm excited as well...some things i'm trying to stay away from:

-the kitties :smh:
-fast food after iftar
-piff
-bogeys

as for the gym best time for me is literally 1 hour or 45 mins before you break the fast...all you gotta worry about is pacing yourself when you do break your fast and not OD..

wish the best for all the muslim and non-muslim brothers...some of you non-muslims on here should try a day to understand mind over body to its extreme.

Last edited:
I'm over here in Dubai for work for the next few days. Anything specific Ramadan related that I should be cognizant of other than eating, drinking, smoking, and conservative dress.

Didn't really know about shorts being an issue but I guess I can't have my legs exposed.

This effort takes a considerable amount of discipline.

Do you usually lose a lot of weight during Ramadan?

What are the basic rules? Can eat before sunup and then can't eat again till after the sun goes down?

Salam Alaikum to my Muslim brothers and sisters.

I began fasting today, and I know this will probably be the most difficult fasting month for me yet. I've actually begun to eliminate any negativity and worthless thoughts from my mind to discipline myself into taking it easier to go about my day.

9:04 PM will be Iftar for those on Eastern Standard time.

Inshallah khair, and I hope we can all strive and prosper together during this important time.

from dusk til dawn (this year its from around 4:15AM-9:15PM):

-no food
-no drinking (includes water)
-no chewing gum/candy/ etc.
-no inhalation of smoke
-nothing that excites taste buds to be placed in the mouth purposely
-no injections/blood withdrawal from body/nasal sprays/medication/halls/antiseptics etc.

if you are sick, old, unable to fast, you are not obligated...but "being hungry" and "omg i am going to faint" are not excuses to break your fast...at the end of the day someone who does break their fast will know deep down inside whether or not it was legitimate or not, its no one elses business nor does anyone else care...

the point is that you go back to basic human existence, back to reality, the reminder that half of the world (probably more) live on a constant fast because they have no means or methods to secure food or water...

throughout whole ramadan:

-observe all prayers (should be all year round, but emphasized even more during ramadan)
-no swearing, bad mouthing, back biting, gossiping etc.
-attempt to spend every moment of it as a model human being, almost to the extent where your main goal it to always be there for anyone...show kindness, compassion, etc.
-give charity, donate food to shelters, homeless people, give food to families who cannot afford to eat
-refrain from sex (which should only be with your Wife anyways the rest of the 11 months out of the year :wow:)

Salam Alaikum to my Muslim brothers and sisters, and to anone else fasting.

Another Toronto NTer here fasting. Hope that everyone's fast is going well and that our fast and prayers are accepted.

wooooooooooooooo

stay cool my friends... 46 degrees Celsius/115 Fahrenheit here in Toronto...

stay tough

Back
Top Bottom