Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

Well, I cant watch this game anymore.

Topic 1: We have been outcoached by two assistant coaches the past two games. What the hell is going on in Smitch's head? I seriously doubt his coaching ability, especially with this group of guys. When you have 12 players that can play at an extremely high level, you gotta play your guys. Bargs played about 5 minutes in the first half, with no foul trouble. Jamario Moon played 12 minutes in the first half. Now, I dont know about you guys, I would rather have Bargs playing than Moon.

Topic 2: Chris Bosh. I know his knee is bothering him, but we all know he can play better than that. He has been extremely inconsistant thus far this year. As the leader of this young team, he has to step up and make good decisions. Not that he isnt, but he has to boost his basketball IQ through the roof with young players like the raps have

I know its really early in the season, but these are topics that are going to hound us all year. why not deal with these situations earlier rather than later, most perferably the Smitch situation. The bosh situation is something that will be fixed over time. smitch needs to smarten up ASAP if the raps are going to do good things in November.

Orlando wednesday night. Go raps.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

:smh:
smh.gif
@ Bosh. he killed my fantasy team.

yeah really poor rotations today. i usually stand up for smitch but tonight his subs were extra horrendous. i dont get why he gives juan so much burn. garbo, other than taking three bad shots late in the game, was great on d. filling passing lanes and being scrappy. thats what we need. everyone after the game was slagging bargs, but come on! he only played 13 minutes and made 2/3 fg.

the point guard play was atrocious tonight! tj was looking for his own shot way too much and neither he nor calderon could penetrate the paint tonight. zero ball movement. on several occasions the bucks had bogut on jose and he couldnt get past him! barf!

delfino was mediocre and jamario moon was embarrassing.

kris humphries was great. parker and kapono were pretty effective with the limited minutes they got. kapono had it going early on and should have got more looks. rasho was rasho.

CHEA RIGHT!

i still think the raps need another major scoring threat in order to legit make a run at the eastern conference finals..........

oh and i must be mad late but, since when is cabbie on NT?
TeamLakersLoyalty is a beautiful thing
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

:smh:
smh.gif
wth is wrong with Bosh? 1 freakin pt? he's killing my fantasy team >:
mad.gif
TEAM LAKERS

Quote:
this is incorrect...he had 2 fouls early so he was benched then smitch forgot he existed, then he got another one then smitch benched him for the rest of the game...

not really his fault
playing better NOW. he got those fouls on his own. he's getting handled on d an his sloppy play has him garnering fouls left and right. he hasnt made a strong big man move to the basket yet, nor scored with his back to the basket this season and he's just getting bullied down on the block hence all the incredibly bad, brick like misses. that hook shot that Desmond Mason was using all game is EXACTLY the kind thing bosh needs to add to his game. a post up move that takes advantage of his height and length without him needing to fade away. he needs to toughen up and go up for shots and rebounds much harder.

i think part of it could be rust but i also think he's just been figured out. everytime he gets the ball he takes a half hour to size his man up during which time the d is already waiting for him to make his predictable move, then comes the face up, the jab step and the drive and attempted finish with the sissy boy double pump layup. bosh has so many skills, he needs to diversify his game. he definitely needs to find some semblance of a banger in his game.

either way all of it is absolutely his fault.

here's to him playing like im sure he's capable of, lets get it going bosh.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

this is chris bosh we're talking about here, perennial all-star and a stud at the 4 spot. i really think he looks rusty out there, especially evident on his J, which is usually wet.
TEAMYANKEESSUCK
TEAMNEWENGLANDPATRIOTS​

bosh has gotten off to slow starts pretty much every season. except last season he was leading the league in rebounding for a while.

I honestly do not know how SMitch got that COY award. :\
ohwell.gif
TEAM [Scrubs]
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
TeamCanada ~x~ TeamPhilippines​

Bosh got like 3-4 weeks off in pre-season to avoid injuries. Of course he's going to start the season off cold. I think he'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

As for Mitchell....I cant wait to see Juan Dixon get 30+ mins. tonight!

Give Bosh credit. At least he's attempting to play, unlike a former Raptor star who shall go unnamed.

From the Game Thread:
Quote:
I was impressed with Bosh's play today. He seems to be getting in better game shape.

Sam Mitchell is by far the worst coach in this league. Dwight Howard came back in the game with five minutes to go with five fouls, and we had zero, yes ZERO touches to Bosh down low after that. Smitch is known late in games to get shot happy, which is debatably why the team lost the game tonight. If they went at Howard as soon as he came back in the game, some things would be different. We could have doubled Rashard or Hedo if Howard was out of the game. We could have had better help off the penetration if Howard was out. Instead, due to the lack of intelligence of Sam's part, we keep Orlando's superstar in the game, and lose when we start jacking up random shots that have a low percentage of going in. We lost due to coaching again this game.
As well, if Sam made some, ANY, adjustment in the first quarter, early when we went down 10-12, we wouldnt have been in the situation we were in. Poor job of taking control of the team, to play players who produce and those who just get shot happy.

Bargs seemed to get rid of his slump in the second half, which is good to see. Juan played very well again tonight. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get the nod for either Parker or Kapono next game. Parker has struggled thus far this season. I know its only five games in, but were already under .500, which no team wants to do. If were going to do something in the playoffs this year, we have to have the same, if not better, than last year's record.
out the game, and play better defense to force teams to make harder shots. Orlando definately had some easy shots tonight. We have to limit those number of shots. I dont care how you do it, or who does it, but we have to be better defensively.

Cmon Raps!
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

you guys think the Raptors are doing bad you should see the Nuggets.....

Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Even after getting a night sleep on it, I still cant believe how bad of a coach Sam really is. In every game, he makes more than one bad decision :smh:
smh.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

The Raps started off 2-8 last year and they bounced back. You guys are writing them off too quickly. Either that or you guys know they must suck really bad this year. :lol:
laugh.gif

^ I'm going to have to agree. We did get a bad start last year. Many of our big wins came from after the All-Star break.
TEAM [Scrubs]
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
TeamCanada ~x~ TeamPhilippines​

i'm not worried or anywhere close to writing them off. i'm just mad whenever they play poorly regardless of their record. i still see us getting home court in the playoffs

Does anybody else get think that Moon plays more than he should? I mean, he is a good player, and obviously a fan favorite as well. But I dont think he should have played as much as he did tonight against phili. Garbo got no PT whatsoever, and Humph, who is our energizer, didnt play at all. I know, Moon did have a good game. But he also took some poor shots as well. Sure, dude is a rookie, which is understandable, but Smitch has to realize that once he starts shooting, hes gotta get the young guy under control. Not taking anything away from Jarmario, but if he is going to help the team more than he did tonight, he has to make the right decisions on shot attempts.

Jose proved that he should get the same, if not more PT than TJ. Sure TJ hustles, but Jose runs the team to great offensive possesions.

Smitch did do a better job coaching the team this game.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Back
Top Bottom