Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

Moon was in for defensive purposes. If Hump is in against that small line up he is getting burned every time. Moon also got that huge block/disruption on Iggy at the end of the game (clearly a foul though lol). It was a strategic decision, a pretty good one by Sam IMO.

As far as the Jose/TJ debate. TJ had a a great game and held down the starters. Jose held down the bench. If they find that equilibrium like they've been doing so far I don't think there is any reason to complain.

Bargs had terrible shot selection today though. Delfino and Kapono were also no where to be found.

AP is the glue for this team, Garbo as well. We all know that Garbo isn't 100% and he's just a hard headed competitor, Smitch isn't benching him in spite. We all saw that injury last year, after playing the Euros this summer there is no way that guy is healthy enough for the grind of an NBA season yet. I think Smitch is looking out for him. It might hurt his pride, but thats life.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

:smh:
smh.gif
www.inqmnd.ca​

Hey Chea people,
What the hell happened to Garbajosa? He was a big part of your team last year...and now he never plays. Is he hurt, or does he just suddenly suck? Or is he inMitchell's doghouse? What's the deal?

^ Smitch is the problem with that. Some thing that they are trying to ease Garbo back in to play because of his injury late in the year last year, and othersthink he is just in the doghouse. Whatever the situation is, its not good. Garbo is one of those players who glue the team together. He might not be theflashiest player in the leauge, but he is one of those guys that will do anything that is best for the team. He is definately the player that keeps this raptorteam together (aside from Parker, who i believe keeps this whole squad together).

Whatever the problem is, it has to be fixed, because Garbo is worth much more than how we are using him these days.

^ Thanks - I was thinking about picking him up for fantasy, but I noticed his numbers are awful...and then I looked at his minutes and I was surprised. I mean,this was a guy that some people were talking about in the ROY race before he got hurt last year.

Man I cant stand this new layout...

Anyways Garbo was supposedly out of shape and has fallen out of favor with our idiot coach. Although I think Garbo is somewhat over-rated in the Raps system(wecan win without him), I really like what he brings to the team on defense. He makes little things happen that aren't shown in the boxscore. Offensively Icringe every time he shoots the ball.

If you're looking to the Raps for fantasy help, only Ford and Bosh have much value. Calderon is good as a 3rd string fantasy PG if you really need assistsand no one else is available in your league. Garbo doesn't have any fantasy value, as I already said, he's good at forcing deflections, saving theball, etc., not really good for fantasy.

We played well tonight, Ford only took 3 shots(which is awesome) ane he was dropping more dimes than 50 Cent. Moon played with a lot of energy and heart,Delfino and Rasho also had good games.

An area of concern for me is still our lack of free throw shooting. We need to get to the line 25+ times a game. We rely way too much on the jumpshot, and whenthose shots aren't falling we are in deeper trouble than other NBA teams because we cant rebound.

It was funny seeing Bulls fans chanting for Kobe, that team looks like it's in trouble right now. Other than Nocioni, no one came to play tonight.

Raptors still NOT getting any respect out there what so ever. I just watched the Celtics Vs Nets highlights on nba.com, they had a post game interview withjefferson and this is what he had to say about the game "You know, they are a good team (referring to Boston), but I mean we lost more than the Raptorsdid. Haha (chuckled)" Man, smh at everyone in the NBA. We are NOT the best in the league, but we are definitely a force to be dealt with. We deserve atleast something from the leauge.

Man, they day the raptors get respect is going to be after the day I die. Everybody up north here understands that we have a good team here. But many peopledont understand how good we can really be. Maybe its closet patriotism, I dont know, But i know one thing forsure. We are a good team. At times we maystruggle, but come the end of the year, we are going to be right up there for the Atlantic Division title (Just as long as Boston loses at least one game thisyear...)

Who cares if we're not respected. It makes it that much sweeter when we win and the opposing players, fans and announcers have faces of disgust.
pimp.gif

Who cares if we're not respected. It makes it that much sweeter when we win and the opposing players, fans and announcers have faces of disgust.

Exactly. I couldn't care less if people respect us or not. It only makes that haters look more stupid when we win.

Man with my new job, ive been serious missing posting during and after games.

Up and down week. Good to see the raps bounce back after 2 tough loses.
1 thing Smitch needs to adress is help side defense Cannot come from ball side. In the 2 loses the raps got burned over and over. I mean thats simplebasketball.

Nice home stand for the raps comin up. Ill be at the jazz and pacers game. see yall there...

CHeaaaaaaaaaaa

I wonder if Smitch will start Bargs to take on Okur. I hope the Raps can keep up this good play. A win against Utah should be a big boost.

What's the deal with Bosh and Bargs not producing at the same time? I mean, Bargnani didn't really start last year so I can't use 06-07 as areference point.

But THIS year, I've noticed that Bosh will only go off while Bargs is quiet and vice versa.

^ never really thought of that. Definately an interesting point, thats forsure. Bosh has been playing alot better the past few games. He is taking the ball tothe rack nearly every possesion. Thats been happening where as Bargs has been quite quiet off the bench the past few games. But he will hit those key shots inthe third and fourth quarter that help the team quite a bit. You cant really judge how Bargs plays by just looking at the stats. He is definately one of thoseplayers that impact the game alot more with just his presence on the floor. Honestly, I know alot expect huge things from him this year, but maybe he is onlygoing to produce that 12-15 range this year. I know alot of people were hoping for both him and Bosh to average 20-25 each, but maybe they both arent ready tocompliment each other to give each other the amount of touches they both need.

All I know is that even though Bargs numbers have been down the past few games, he adds that extra boost that the raptors need late in games.

And just to clarify, I think I was wrong about Jamario. I mean, i guess it was a good idea to start him to match up with Tyrus Thomas. But I think Rap Sizzleis right in saying that Bargs should match up against Okur. Thats the best possible matchup that we can get in our lineup.

Only two more days till gameday
smile.gif

Chea

Hey BallinBoykz...can you add 'raptors' as a tag so it's easier to find this thread? thanks

oh and if only Yuku could take custom fonts. I hate being the only person to see how my sig really looks like
frown.gif

8bierkg.jpg

Man, I don't know whats up with Bargs, but he has got to play better. Bosh has got to start better in games too. Our lack of jump in the first quarter isdefinitely killing us.

Edit: Rap Sizzle, definitely put the tags on the first post.
pimp.gif

I was happy to see Garbo get some good minutes vs the Pacers. While a lot of people hate Smitch for his method of substituting and playing guys, I feel for himbecause it's a hard job getting everyone minutes while keeping them happy and able to contribute. Every night a different person comes hot off the bench tocontribute and because of that it's hard to tell who he should give most of the minutes to. Hopefully as the season progresses, players will ease intotheir roles whether it's big or small. Stability within the team is what's key to this team right now IMO.

Rap Sizzle, it looks like you're doing some Christmas hat avys. Could you do one for me?
smile.gif

Jamario in a red santa hat.
fullj.getty-76075785rb013_toronto_rapto.jpg

Yeah Rap sizzle, i totally agree with you on his job being hard. But i mean, it doesnt take a genious to figure out that last year's starter could use moreburn. that bargs needs something to be done to improve this year. That bosh needs to attack. that tj and jose should literally split the 48 minutes evenly, andto get those younger players enough burn to get experience.... and start kapono who is money from anywhere on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom