Official Raptors vrs Magic. Vol. we need this one.

Magic-Raptors Preview
By SANTOSH VENKATARAMAN, STATS Editor
Posted Nov 7 2007 12:50AM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Raptors Home
Magic Home
2006-07 Stats at a GlanceOrlando's Dwight Howard has four straight double-doubles and is coming off his best effort of the young season. That could be bad news for Toronto, as its own All-Star forward still is recovering from an injury.

Howard and the Magic look for their third straight victory Wednesday night when they visit Chris Bosh and the Raptors.

Howard collected season highs of 28 points and 16 rebounds to lead Orlando (3-1) to a 111-103 victory over Minnesota on Tuesday. He's shooting over 65.2 percent (15-of-23) from the field to help the Magic win the first two games of their four-game road trip, which concludes Friday in New York.

The Raptors (2-2) are well aware of Howard, who averaged 21.0 points and 12.3 rebounds in four games against them last year. Toronto swept the season series, though, as Bosh averaged 34.3 points and 11.3 rebounds while playing only three of those contests.

Bosh hasn't come close to putting up those kind of numbers in 2007-08 as he's been hampered by a nagging left knee injury that has bothered him through the preseason. He's averaging 12.8 points and 5.3 rebounds after enduring one of the worst games of his career Tuesday.

Bosh did not have a basket for only the second time as a pro, and finished with one point and two rebounds in 15 minutes in a 112-85 loss at Milwaukee. He refused to use his injury as an excuse.

"I am healthy enough to play basketball," Bosh said. "If I'm on the court, there is no excuse. I just have to keep playing."

Raptors coach Sam Mitchell didn't single out Bosh as no starter reached double figures.

"I am not going to talk about an individual guy," Mitchell said following Toronto's second straight loss. "It was a whole team effort, not just one guy."

Forward Jason Kapono, who is in his first season with Toronto, again struggled to defend an opposing small forward again as the Bucks' Desmond Mason made all 10 shots and finished 21 points. Kapono, who is only averaging 8.5 points, watched as Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala scored 23 and New Jersey's Richard Jefferson had 27 in games last week.

The Raptors now must decide how to defend Orlando's Rashard Lewis, who made seven 3-pointers and scored 27 on Tuesday. The small forward - and the Magic's prize offseason acquisition - is averaging 23.0 points through four games.

Orlando starting point guard Jameer Nelson missed Tuesday's game with what the club called a slight concussion sustained the day before in practice. Carlos Arroyo started in his place and had 18 points and six assists.

With Bosh limited, Toronto could use a better performance from second-year forward Andrea Bargnani, who has only scored a total of 14 points in his last two games after averaging 20.5 in his first two. Bargnani averaged 17.0 points in two games against Orlando last season.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

See ya'll at the game :pimp:
pimp.gif

the way things are going howard going to manhandle bosh. rashard lewis on kapono is a bad match up for the raps as well. even hidayet on kapono is a mismatch.

Bargs is going to have to play well tonight. he should be able to torch whoever they have guading him. he'll have to keep his clumsyass outa foul trouble tho and tge smitch is going to have to resist that very strong urge to bench bargs for 32 straight minutes off of 2 fouls.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Dwight Howard with 18 points, 21 boards, 2 assists and 5 blocks.

Magic by 8. :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
The Alex Smith ERA Officially Begins​

This is normally a good game, hopefully the magic take it.
England till I die, England till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, England till I die!​

I think we're gonna take this one. I don't know what the hell Mitchell was up to regarding playing time and substitutions yesterday but I'm guessing that something is going on behind the scenes, inside the locker room. Hopefully yesterday was a good wake up call to all the guys. I wish Mitchell would just give Bosh a couple of games off to let him recover from his knee injury. It's clear that it's really hurting his game right now. I'd rather we grind out some games without CB4 than play him at less than 100%.

Let's go RAPS!

TEAM RAPTORS
We Bring Out The Salami and Cheese
TEAM BOILERMAKERS
All Hail the Old Gold and Black

If Sam decides to actually coach the game, we might have a chance. If he does what he did last game and play Jamario Moon and sit Bargs, then we are going to lose. It all comes down to coach

And Bosh has to man up. If he doesnt get over 15 points im going to be very un-impressed.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

whoa

Carlos I hope your kidding.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Dwight is gonna beast :pimp:
pimp.gif
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

should be a tough one, hopefully Bosh will step up
That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

You cuold tell from the player intro's that the Raps would come out flat today. Nobody looked like they want to play.

EDIT:I didnt know the Score shows re-runs of Raptor games.

:smh:
smh.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Anyway on listening/watching this game live on the internet?
I'm in the library right now, and I still want to catch this lol.
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Can nobody on the raptors move the ball? Im watching Orlando move the ball around the arc and get good shots off, while we run up and jack up a three almost every possesion.

Bosh is looking better this game. hes starting to attack the basket more, which is exactly what he needs to do.

Cmon raps! pulled it within 5 here, lets come out tied up at the half!
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

LETS GO RAPS.

playing alright ball so far. Better on the defense compared to last night and Bosh attacking the basket and getting some points off the free-throw line.
TEAM [Scrubs]
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
TeamCanada ~x~ TeamPhilippines​

bosh is sucking harrrrrrd
You heard of hell well I was sent from it
I went to it's surface and sentenced for murdering instruments
Now I'm trying to repent from it
But when I hear the beat I'm tempted to make another attempt at it...
I'm Infinite

TJ Ford scares me sometimes, he makes very questionably decisions.

Raptors definse is very weak right now, horrible doubles teams, giving up dunks in steal attempts.
That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

Oh this is going to be close going down to the end here.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

our defense is pathetic :smh:
smh.gif

TEAM RAPTORS
TEAM BOILERMAKERS

Damn. Game over. Credit to Orlando. Again, they were the better team. If we get that quick start that we have been lacking thus far this year (-8 at the end of 1), we could have won this game.

I was impressed with Bosh's play today. He seems to be getting in better game shape.

Sam Mitchell is by far the worst coach in this league. Dwight Howard came back in the game with five minutes to go with five fouls, and we had zero, yes ZERO touches to Bosh down low after that. Smitch is known late in games to get shot happy, which is debatably why the team lost the game tonight. If they went at Howard as soon as he came back in the game, some things would be different. We could have doubled Rashard or Hedo if Howard was out of the game. We could have had better help off the penetration if Howard was out. Instead, due to the lack of intelligence of Sam's part, we keep Orlando's superstar in the game, and lose when we start jacking up random shots that have a low percentage of going in. We lost due to coaching again this game.
As well, if Sam made some, ANY, adjustment in the first quarter, early when we went down 10-12, we wouldnt have been in the situation we were in. Poor job of taking control of the team, to play players who produce and those who just get shot happy.

Bargs seemed to get rid of his slump in the second half, which is good to see. Juan played very well again tonight. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get the nod for either Parker or Kapono next game. Parker has struggled thus far this season. I know its only five games in, but were already under .500, which no team wants to do. If were going to do something in the playoffs this year, we have to have the same, if not better, than last year's record.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Man oh man...what the hell is wrong with the team right now. Ugh...@#%$...I haven't felt so frustrated going on a losing streak since the start of last season.

TEAM RAPTORS
TEAM BOILERMAKERS

our D is a serious porblem.

Im starting think Garbo, really may be this teams glue.

3 game slide, not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom